2020-2021 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R complete 09/02

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Many brave souls have fallen today :'(

We who are remaining shall avenge thee.

Pre-II R today. I have received an interview at, withdrawn from, or been rejected from every single school except for Harvard at this point. Almost at 100% closure (Harvard is certainly an R at this point lol).

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In the time that I’ve been complete at this school, I’ve gotten married, obtained my MD/PhD, completed a surgical residency, established a famous cancer biology research lab and retired from it, and toured the world. I wonder if it would be worth updating them on some of these experiences
I sent them these updates a few weeks ago and got the Pre-II R today. Maybe I should take a gap year and do a post bacc or more volunteering to improve my average application

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
chances of it being a decision day? lol

okay, no need to be mean.....just an anxious pre med here

stand strong, my comrades, we look to Monday/Tuesday based on past years, this can't possibly fail 🙃

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
stand strong, my comrades, we look to Monday/Tuesday based on past years, this can't possibly fail 🙃
Yes, it seems very likely based on previous years! I'm excited hehe

• Care
waited all day, finally got an email notification at 5pm, thought it was news from Sinai... was just an ad from Popeyes 😫

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
waited all day, finally got an email notification at 5pm, thought it was news from Sinai... was just an ad from Popeyes 😫
Waited all day, finally saw someone on SDN say they got an email at 5pm only to find out it was from Popeyes

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Tomorrow's the last day possible right? All the jan and feb interviewers mentioned being told decisions would come out Feb.

It's been a rough waiting season, and you all have been amazing <3

Reactions: 3 users
Tomorrow's the last day possible right? All the jan and feb interviewers mentioned being told decisions would come out Feb.

It's been a rough waiting season, and you all have been amazing <3
I was never under the impression tomorrow would be the last day for acceptances, unless someone knows something I don't. The January "we're still considering whether or not to accept you" email said:

As you already know, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai operates on a rolling admissions cycle. As such, we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and early May.

I suppose that could include people taken off the waitlist, but my initial impression was that it would be a longer process.

I was never under the impression tomorrow would be the last day for acceptances, unless someone knows something I don't. The January "we're still considering whether or not to accept you" email said:

As you already know, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai operates on a rolling admissions cycle. As such, we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and early May.

I suppose that could include people taken off the waitlist, but my initial impression was that it would be a longer process.
Yeah def, I meant probably last day for this second round of decisions that we've been speculating about!

Still being considered for acceptance. Just got the email.

Just got the email.... "As you already know, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai operates on a rolling admissions cycle. As such, we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and early May. While we are not yet prepared to offer you an acceptance at this time, your application is still being considered by our committee."

:( Waiting sucks but glad it's not a rejection :)

not a waitlist or deferrment. just needs more time. I just confirmed today with admissions.
Hey do you think you could share that email here, if you feel comfortable doing so? If not could I take a peek thru dm?

Just got the email.... "As you already know, the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai operates on a rolling admissions cycle. As such, we will be sending acceptance letters on a regular basis between now and early May. While we are not yet prepared to offer you an acceptance at this time, your application is still being considered by our committee."

Omg stuffs coming out???

just got the same email. here's to more waiting

Same email, curious if anyone did actually get an acceptance or if they're just telling everyone that it's rolling, much love to any A's!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone who got the hold email back in january get another one today? or is it mostly people that interviewed jan-feb hearing back?

anyone who got the hold email back in january get another one today? or is it mostly people that interviewed jan-feb hearing back?
I interviewed in dec and got the deferment email in jan. Nothing yet today. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 7 users
maybe they're sending them out in batches with As next? curious if anyone who interviewed in jan/feb didn't get this email

I interviewed in dec and got the deferment email in jan. Nothing yet today. Anyone else in the same boat?
I'm in the same boat. Interviewed way back in September, got the deferment email in January, and have heard nothing yet today. Lord only knows what that means for us haha

Reactions: 4 users
Same, deferred in jan and no email yet... this is FREAKING ME OUT :'(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
My guess is that if we were deferred in January we won't receive another "defer" email. I think our next email will be a final decision, whether that comes now or later in the cycle

My guess is that if we were deferred in January we won't receive another "defer" email. I think our next email will be a final decision, whether that comes now or later in the cycle
You might be right but man that would suck. On our interview day they said we’d hear from them in January, February, and again in March so it’d be nice to at least hear something! I’ll just be here refreshing my email for the next 2 hours 😳

White hairs are starting to sprout outtah my head

• Care