2020-2021 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
From my interview yesterday, they said that we are required to live at entra for our first year. They are looking to accept 100-105 students. They didn’t give us an expected date to hear from them about an updated status, they just said you should here back in the next few weeks but they do not keep you long if you are rejected. They don’t use vita for scoring for acceptance just to get to know you before the interview. Hope that helps some of you!

Reactions: 4 users
From my interview yesterday, they said that we are required to live at entra for our first year. They are looking to accept 100-105 students. They didn’t give us an expected date to hear from them about an updated status, they just said you should here back in the next few weeks but they do not keep you long if you are rejected. They don’t use vita for scoring for acceptance just to get to know you before the interview. Hope that helps some of you!
People who interviewed since November and haven't heard back, I guess you're good now lol.

People who interviewed since November and haven't heard back, I guess you're good now lol.
Yea they were like it can be a long time before you hear back. Literally said it’s a game of patience. Idk how to feel about it they said that it’s to give people a fair chance if you interviewed in Early vs late in the cycle and they don’t interview students if the class is already full, which is nice I guess? But having no answer till June is going to be rough

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea they were like it can be a long time before you hear back. Literally said it’s a game of patience. Idk how to feel about it they said that it’s to give people a fair chance if you interviewed in Early vs late in the cycle and they don’t interview students if the class is already full, which is nice I guess? But having no answer till June is going to be rough
wow I was hoping they make decisions based on each interview group session, how many applicants were in your group?

they’re only accepting 100? isn’t that how big their class size is? i’m saying like don’t they usually accept twice their class size. so instead about 200 people will be waitlisted? i know they interview about ~400 according to msar data

Last edited:
Can anyone who has scheduled an II recently share how far out they are scheduling rn?

Also, has anyone had any luck after sending in an update/LOI? Considering sending one. People around my completion have been rejected but I haven’t yet so I’m hoping maybe they put me aside and are still deciding what to do with me (wishful thinking lol).

they’re only accepting 100? isn’t that how big their class size is? i’m saying like don’t they usually accept twice their class size. so instead about 200 people will be waitlisted? i know they interview about ~400 according to msar data
Sorry, 100-105 in the first year class. They didn’t say about how many student they will accept or put on waitlist

Did they say anything about interview invites ?

Can anyone who has scheduled an II recently share how far out they are scheduling rn?

Also, has anyone had any luck after sending in an update/LOI? Considering sending one. People around my completion have been rejected but I haven’t yet so I’m hoping maybe they put me aside and are still deciding what to do with me (wishful thinking lol).
Last week I had two options - one for 2/19 that I'm assuming was a withdrawn interview spot and another that was for 3/28. So pretty far out, but clearly some invitees are withdrawing.

Reactions: 2 users
Does Morehouse interview MMI style or traditional Q&A style? Also, any tips or words of advice from people who have interviewed here already? :1geek:

Does Morehouse interview MMI style or traditional Q&A style? Also, any tips or words of advice from people who have interviewed here already? :1geek:
Traditional Q&A

Reactions: 1 users
They updated your status after post interview? How long did that take?
I think he means, he updated his status last month after he was waitlisted in November. I don’t think anyone got their status since November.

You don't have to be such an arrogant person. Morehouse is a great school and I don't blame them for waitlisting you. We don't like your type of energy here at MSM.
Haha, I am not being arrogant my dear. Stating it wasn't my first choice school in no way displayed any arrogance. But good luck! Ain't no one got time for on-line negativity.

Morehouse never sent a complete confirmation. Should I be worried? I paid and completed everything so idk what’s up with that.

Morehouse never sent a complete confirmation. Should I be worried? I paid and completed everything so idk what’s up with that.
I don't think they really send those. I never got one and got a II back in Jan. I did eventually get a "your app is under review" email in mid October

Anyone know when Morehouse is done sending interview invites?

They updated your status after post interview? How long did that take?
I haven’t heard anything since getting waitlisted in November. It’s been radio silent.

• Dislike
I sent in thank you notes to the admissions office and never got a response confirming they had been received or delivered, has anyone else had this experience?

Just got put on the alternative list

• Care
Received an acceptance today at 4 pm. Interviewed on Dec 4th

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!!! this is my first acceptance I'm going to be a doctor! interviewed 11/4

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
And here I am still hoping for an II lol 🤞

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I also got the A! Interviewed beginning of December. While I'm not 100% sure yet I'll likely be turning it down. If I do I hope it goes to one of you guys!

I also got the A! Interviewed beginning of December. While I'm not 100% sure yet I'll likely be turning it down. If I do I hope it goes to one of you guys!
Congrats! Is it the mandatory living at the assigned apartments that is turning you off?

How do I join the accepted students group on FB?

And here I am still hoping for an II lol 🤞
Same, I think someone said interviews still go out to March, but at this point it's pretty late I'm not expecting one at all.