2020-2021 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm wondering the same thing. I interviewed 12/2 and heard nothing
Same here, waiting for the Dec interview result...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry guys I haven't been on SDN. My rejection was pre-II. 3.47 cGPA 3.33sGPA 510 MCAT OOS ORM.

• Care
Just interviewed here yesterday, how long will I wait to hear a decision? Also don’t like how they forcing first years to stay at Entra West End...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed here yesterday, how long will I wait to hear a decision? Also don’t like how they forcing first years to stay at Entra West End...

I have to agree to this. I am married and my husband and I arent too fond of the layout/apartment living lol hopefully that will be an exception

Yeah didn't like that either tbh

I have to agree to this. I am married and my husband and I arent too fond of the layout/apartment living lol hopefully that will be an exception
You can definitely be exempted since you are married!

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t like the floor plans too, why is closet after the showers? Feels awkward

Where is this requirement stated or do they tell you when you get accepted?

Where is this requirement stated or do they tell you when you get accepted?
They tell you during the interview day that first years have to live there unless there is some exception. Also, in the acceptance letter, they give you instructions on how to sign up for housing at that place.

Received II on 1/19, earliest interview date was 3/12. I really messed up my VITA interview though lol, I hope they're not too harsh about it

• Love
Received II on 1/19, earliest interview date was 3/12. I really messed up my VITA interview though lol, I hope they're not too harsh about it
Congrats when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
when does morehouse stop sending out interviews?
Last cycle people were still getting interview in Feb but for the most part those of us who didn't receive one then were probably out of luck.

Has anyone from November or December interviews heard anything yet? I’ve been checking this anxiously checking this thread everyday. This wait is killing me

Just finished interviewing, it went well for the most part and my interviews were closer to 35 minutes long. Both interviews were really conversational. One interviewer quizzed me on neuro and history and I had virtually none of the answers so I hope that doesn’t hurt me, SDN can’t prepare you for that lol

Reactions: 1 users
Just finished interviewing, it went well for the most part and my interviews were closer to 35 minutes long. Both interviews were really conversational. One interviewer quizzed me on neuro and history and I had virtually none of the answers so I hope that doesn’t hurt me, SDN can’t prepare you for that lol
Did they indicate if the class was close to full?

Did they indicate if the class was close to full?
They didn’t mention anything about it unfortunately. All I know is the adcom is meeting on Monday for today’s group of applicants. There were about 25 students in my cohort so I’d say there’s still room in the class... hopefully

like neuroscience and American history? did these questions flow with your interview or random or was your application centered around these topics? Glad it went well otherwise!

That’s so random? Hahaha hopefully it still went well, good luck!

like neuroscience and American history? did these questions flow with your interview or random or was your application centered around these topics? Glad it went well otherwise!
Yes. I’m a neuro major so going blank on those questions was completely embarrassing lol, but the history aspect had no relation to my app, it may just be something my interviewer likes to do with applicants.

Yes. I’m a neuro major so going blank on those questions was completely embarrassing lol, but the history aspect had no relation to my app, it may just be something my interviewer likes to do with applicants.
I was a neuro major too back in college *panics.* Thanks though. I have my interview soon so I will keep this in mind I guess.

They didn’t mention anything about it unfortunately. All I know is the adcom is meeting on Monday for today’s group of applicants. There were about 25 students in my cohort so I’d say there’s still room in the class... hopefully
Wow you had 25 other students? We only had 6 of us in my interview meeting room on 1/20

Wow you had 25 other students? We only had 6 of us in my interview meeting room on 1/20
It was in the 20’s for sure, don’t know if it was exactly 25. That’s strange though! Maybe because it was mid week or something

Anyone living at Entra right now that can answer a few questions? I was hoping to live alone for med school and really want to get away from student housing, so mandatory housing at Entra first year (I don’t have an exception like being in state or being married) is not appealing to me. Would you say it gets rowdy there on weekends/at night since it’s not just med students? I’m sensitive to noise so I’m worried about that and pricing since I don’t want roommates. This is all assuming I even get in but thanks in advance

Anyone living at Entra right now that can answer a few questions? I was hoping to live alone for med school and really want to get away from student housing, so mandatory housing at Entra first year (I don’t have an exception like being in state or being married) is not appealing to me. Would you say it gets rowdy there on weekends/at night since it’s not just med students? I’m sensitive to noise so I’m worried about that and pricing since I don’t want roommates. This is all assuming I even get in but thanks in advance
Im interested to know about this too. But do you know what all of the exceptions are? Like if you’re instate, you dont have to live at Entra the first year?

I have an interview set for March 5th. I received an II on 12/30 and I was complete mid-October. Im super excited because this is my top choice for medical school.

Im interested to know about this too. But do you know what all of the exceptions are? Like if you’re instate, you dont have to live at Entra the first year?
When she was talking about it, she said first year students are required to live there with some exceptions (having kids, commuting from in state somewhere) but I’m not sure if those are all of the exceptions. So I assume if you’re instate and want to live at home, then you can appeal the Entra housing in some way.

When she was talking about it, she said first year students are required to live there with some exceptions (having kids, commuting from in state somewhere) but I’m not sure if those are all of the exceptions. So I assume if you’re instate and want to live at home, then you can appeal the Entra housing in some way.
Okay I understand. Thank you!

Has anyone from November or December interviews heard anything yet? I’ve been checking this anxiously checking this thread everyday. This wait is killing me
The same here. Interviewed on Dec 4th, no word. I have been checking here, seems like after Nov they sent A to those who interviewed in Sep and Oct, no other news after that... Hope the second wave of A is coming soon!

Does anyone know when they stop sending out interview invites? I know it has to be soon right?

Just got a II! First HBCU med school. Complete 8/18. URM.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Just got a II! First HBCU med school. Complete 8/18. URM.

Congrats! What dates are they scheduling for right now? Also, did you send them an update since you were complete? I’ve been missing the rejection waves and can’t tell if I should wait and see if I get lucky or send an update in (although I’m not sure what I would write).

Congrats! What dates are they scheduling for right now? Also, did you send them an update since you were complete? I’ve been missing the rejection waves and can’t tell if I should wait and see if I get lucky or send an update in (although I’m not sure what I would write).
I had two options: an interview for mid-Feb or an interview at the very end of March. Ended up choosing the former.

I didn’t send an update but I was actually in the process of writing an update to send to schools so this came at a good time lol.

Anyone else heart drop with the virtual tour email

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else heart drop with the virtual tour email
Omg yes, I saw an email from morehouse and thought it was a decision in my interview lol but it was still nice cause I was curious why they didnt have one for interview day

The anticipation is killing me...lol

Reactions: 3 users
Same 😭 when did you interview?
1/20 last week Wednesday, it was a well-received interview so I'm hoping for good news lol you?

Last edited:
1/20 last week Wednesday, it was a well-received interview so I'm hoping for good news lol you?
1/8. Hoping for good news for both of us soon🙏🏾