2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I sent my ca$per scores to schools in May, submitted my MCW secondary on the 12th, and my scores are still missing from the MCW portal. I emailed admissions and they said: "Unfortunately we are currently experiencing a technical issue related to visibility, which is why the status of the CASPer test score is not accurately reflected on your portal at the moment. Our IT folks are working diligently to resolve this, and hope to have the issue fixed in the very near future. There is no action needed on your part. Thank you in advance for your patience!"

Got this response as well, still hasn't updated.

Members don't see this ad.

I had problems logging into the secondary, because the email with my password never came. I clicked forgot password, and it said it sent an email, but I didn't get that one either. I emailed them for support and I was able to log in!

Except now I keep getting an auto email every day (sometimes multiple times a day) that they received a request for a password change. :arghh:

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is familiar with the Milwaukee area, share your experiences on what it's like?

Has anyone attended one of MCW’s virtual Info sessions they have on Tuesdays and Thursday’s? I’m attending the one tomorrow. Did you find the information useful or helpful?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone attended one of MCW’s virtual Info sessions they have on Tuesdays and Thursday’s? I’m attending the one tomorrow. Did you find the information useful or helpful?
Can you update if there's any info about when they plan to begin sending interviews?

If anyone is familiar with the Milwaukee area, share your experiences on what it's like?
I actually just moved here in July from the Chicago area. I do like it! Where are you from? Will give me a better sense of things. The lakefront here is amazing. The city is very small compared to other cities I have lived in, but I sort of am enjoying having much less driving and how accessible everything is. People are chill.

I actually just moved here in July from the Chicago area. I do like it! Where are you from? Will give me a better sense of things. The lakefront here is amazing. The city is very small compared to other cities I have lived in, but I sort of am enjoying having much less driving and how accessible everything is. People are chill.

Thank you for your response! I'm from California but I've also lived in the East Coast for the past year, so I have experience with big and smaller cities.

I’m from Milwaukee and it’s such an underrated city. So many festivals, breweries, shopping, etc. Also the lake is beautiful! And people are really friendly I think. There is overall a lot to do and something for everyone!

My CASPer score is still marked as incomplete. I submitted like 2 weeks ago. Anyone else still having the same issue? They told me 2 weeks ago that they are working on it.

I’m from Milwaukee and it’s such an underrated city. So many festivals, breweries, shopping, etc. Also the lake is beautiful! And people are really friendly I think. There is overall a lot to do and something for everyone!
That's such a plus! Thank you, I feel like it's not spoken as often as other big cities like Chicago, so just wanted a perspective! Any negatives you've experienced?

Members don't see this ad :)
My CASPer score is still marked as incomplete. I submitted like 2 weeks ago. Anyone else still having the same issue? They told me 2 weeks ago that they are working on it.

same here

I'm from Milwaukee, left for undergrad, and moved back last year! I love Milwaukee. I think the people are especially nice, very community feel. There is also always a ton to do, whether you like being outside, or drinking, or arts, there is something for everyone. There are also different parts of Milwaukee too, the east side is where a lot of young adults and college students live. There's the third ward, as well which has a cool, industrial feel with a lot of nice restaurants and shopping. I will say something to be aware of, MCW is a bit far from downtown Milwaukee, probably about 20-25 minutes. A lot of the medical students end up living around MCW in Wauwatosa, which is a cool town, but definitely not as big as Milwaukee. In recent years they have really amped up Wauwatosa, so there is a lot more to do over there now.

I'm from Milwaukee, left for undergrad, and moved back last year! I love Milwaukee. I think the people are especially nice, very community feel. There is also always a ton to do, whether you like being outside, or drinking, or arts, there is something for everyone. There are also different parts of Milwaukee too, the east side is where a lot of young adults and college students live. There's the third ward, as well which has a cool, industrial feel with a lot of nice restaurants and shopping. I will say something to be aware of, MCW is a bit far from downtown Milwaukee, probably about 20-25 minutes. A lot of the medical students end up living around MCW in Wauwatosa, which is a cool town, but definitely not as big as Milwaukee. In recent years they have really amped up Wauwatosa, so there is a lot more to do over there now.
Thank you so much for your insight !!

You all have me sweating.... lol. Make it seem like you will get an IA just for sneezing during RONA season while on campus, sheesh. On that note, would being placed on academic warning one semester be considered an IA?

You all have me sweating.... lol. Make it seem like you will get an IA just for sneezing during RONA season while on campus, sheesh. On that note, would being placed on academic warning one semester be considered an IA?
yes

Hey everyone! on my portal it says that I'm required to complete the Dean's Certification Form. But I don't have any institutional action to report and haven't encountered a situation that's even similar to that. I'm just curious if it's popping up on your portal as well. Would appreciate any info on that. Thanks!

Hey everyone! on my portal it says that I'm required to complete the Dean's Certification Form. But I don't have any institutional action to report and haven't encountered a situation that's even similar to that. I'm just curious if it's popping up on your portal as well. Would appreciate any info on that. Thanks!
I think a few days later it automatically becomes satisfied. Believe that is what happened to mine

anyone still waiting for a secondary ? OOS here

EDIT: it was in my spam!! what the heck!

For the regret question, would talking about a decision to decline a job offer suffice? Its something I actually regret but wanted your thoughts!

I’m OOS and was waiting for my MCAT score (got it last week), but I’m still waiting on a secondary. Do you think I should email or sit tight another week?

Is anyone still waiting for the Casper status issue to be cleared up? I submitted my secondary ~3 weeks ago and sent my Casper score way back in May. I emailed their office a week or two ago about Casper and they said that they're working to fix it, but it's sort of frustrating bc it's preventing my app from being completed :/

+1

Is anyone still waiting for the Casper status issue to be cleared up? I submitted my secondary ~3 weeks ago and sent my Casper score way back in May. I emailed their office a week or two ago about Casper and they said that they're working to fix it, but it's sort of frustrating bc it's preventing my app from being completed :/
I followed-up again today and got this as a response

"This issue has not fallen off our radar; I can assure you we are working as fast as we can to fix this visibility issue.

Since this is our issue, and is entirely outside of your control, our office will ensure that you’re not penalized for this. Your application will move through the process with the completion date that you would have had, had this issue not occurred."

Reactions: 4 users
I followed-up again today and got this as a response

"This issue has not fallen off our radar; I can assure you we are working as fast as we can to fix this visibility issue.

Since this is our issue, and is entirely outside of your control, our office will ensure that you’re not penalized for this. Your application will move through the process with the completion date that you would have had, had this issue not occurred."

Good to hear, thanks for letting us know

Sorry to hear! Was this post-secondary?

On the bright side: at least they send rejection emails, I know a lot of other med schools will just ghost you...

In my experience, MCW is one of the most transparent medical schools out there. They sent out several emails last cycle about where they were with applications and how many interview spots were left. I’m OOS but I decided to reapply to MCW bc of how awesome everyone there was.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if MCW screens? If so, what are the metric minimum thresholds?

don't think they do but someone please correct me if I'm wrong...I got my secondary only a few hours after my AMCAS was verified.

Their website says, "Secondary applications will be sent to all eligible applicants upon MCW’s receipt of your verified AMCAS application."

Not sure if being eligible means just having your AMCAS verified, or if they have a minimum GPA/MCAT... My stats aren't super high tbh, so if they do screen I'm sure it is generous!

I was just checking my secondary I submitted for this school and I noticed the font for the regret prompt is a lot bigger than the other ones. Anyone else notice this too?