2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
completed secondary on 7/6, just got the application completed email today.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine's been complete in the portal for about a week, but still haven't received an email.

Are you guys bullet pointing your shadowing experience for question 10? I have 6 shadowing experiences and don't know how to word it other than just listing them

Are you guys bullet pointing your shadowing experience for question 10? I have 6 shadowing experiences and don't know how to word it other than just listing them
I listed them

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how hard they are on the "golden" 2 week turnaround for submitting their secondary? Im past 2 weeks.... :bang:

Anyone know how hard they are on the "golden" 2 week turnaround for submitting their secondary? Im past 2 weeks.... :bang:

Better to apply later than 2 weeks than not at all. It may not be ideal but if you don’t apply then you for sure have no chance.

Reactions: 2 users
How long after getting everything sent should you expect to be marked complete? I got an email saying they are missing my LORs on the same day that my committee letter was uploaded and I'm not sure if I should email them telling them that it was uploaded or if I should just wait

Just got my application verified! Submitted yesterday lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Wait what does "verified" mean? Like primary submitted or secondary or what?
Primary. Haven't received a secondary application yet. Is it received through AACOMAS or separately through Marian's own website?

Primary. Haven't received a secondary application yet. Is it received through AACOMAS or separately through Marian's own website?
Ok cool, I think they send secondary info through a portal separate from AACOMAS.

II 1 hour ago!! OOS
But when I scheduled the interview, the confirmation screen keeps going blank?

Edit: I received a confirmation email for the interview I scheduled with the date and time but the portal is still blank after submitting my choice.

Reactions: 3 users
II 1 hour ago!! OOS

Edit: I received a confirmation email for the interview I scheduled with the date and time but the portal is still blank after submitting my choice.
On a weekend?? Wow!

II 1 hour ago!! OOS

wooo, congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary and your LM?

wooo, congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary and your LM?
Submitted 06/25, LM 65
Definitely excited, ranks up there with my top choices for DO.

Last edited:
II received at 8:30pm on a Saturday lol! LM 67, OOS but grew up in Indiana!

I received an interview invitation on 8/15!

For everyone that received an II today, when were you complete and would you mind sharing MCAT?

congrats to those who got IIs. Can someone share how long it took for their LORs to be marked received from the time aacomas processed them?

II today! Non-trad, in state, LM 67.

Is the interview in person or virtual?
Virtual, 30 min zoom interview plus a couple assessments and it sounds like some virtual meet and greet stuff?

congrats to those who got IIs. Can someone share how long it took for their LORs to be marked received from the time aacomas processed them?
I believe that it took a total of three days from the time of submission (LoR requests) to the time they were marked received by AACOMAS.

Virtual, 30 min zoom interview plus a couple assessments and it sounds like some virtual meet and greet stuff?
Ok, thanks! The confirmation email made it seem like it was in-person. Also when picking an interview time, is that when the whole interview day starts?

II last night! Very excited about this school! IS, LM = 67, MCAT = 506, GPA 3.85, sGPA 3.85

It seems that others who received an II experienced the same confusion. The first email with the II specifies that it is a virtual interview, but the admissions website as well as the interview confirmation email discusses in-person interviews. Weird!

It seems that others who received an II experienced the same confusion. The first email with the II specifies that it is a virtual interview, but the admissions website as well as the interview confirmation email discusses in-person interviews. Weird!
Agreed. I was puzzled, but honestly too excited to really register any confusion. Lol

I have yet to receive a secondary from this college, should I be worried? I received a "received email" on the 3rd of August.

How long did it take MU-COM to receive your LORs after submitting your secondary?

I have yet to receive a secondary from this college, should I be worried? I received a "received email" on the 3rd of August.
Personally, I am unsure since I have not experienced your position. According to the email upon receipt of the primary application, the review process usually takes 1-2 weeks before the admissions committee decides to send a secondary. It sounds like you are hovering around the 2-week mark. Obviously, it depends on whether you meet the basic MU-COM criteria to receive a secondary. Please remain positive!

Are you OOS? Do you already have an MCAT score? I just received a confirmation email today so my 1-2 weeks of waiting begins now.

Unless you didn't meet the minimum requirements, there shouldn't be an issue with receiving a secondary.

Okay, maybe I am just being to anxious. All secondaries are prewrote and I feel like there’s more I should be doing. Lol.

Did anyone receive a completed application email after submitting their secondary?

Submitted secondary 7/12. Received confirmation (a very nice one, btw) on 7/30 advising that my application is complete and under review.

Did anyone receive a completed application email after submitting their secondary?

I received an email saying they received my secondary but is on hold pending LORs, which I think takes a few weeks for them to receive

Has anyone received a secondary with an MCAT score not received?

Has anyone received a secondary with an MCAT score not received?
I don't think so. I have yet to receive my MCAT score and got an email today that my application is on hold until they see my score.

• Sad