2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call...accepted!! Holy moly I did not think this would happen this early in the cycle. As a reapplicant I can just reiterate that this is a long cycle. Stay positive, hang in there, and let me know if you ever need any words of encouragement :)
Congratulations! That’s awesome. MUCOM seems like a really solid program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Post. I really thought I nailed it. :/ I suppose it’s still early though.
Keep your head up king. I've had friends get off the waitlist at MUCOM. Plus you're one of the first few on the list!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call...accepted!! Holy moly I did not think this would happen this early in the cycle. As a reapplicant I can just reiterate that this is a long cycle. Stay positive, hang in there, and let me know if you ever need any words of encouragement :)

Dude....not to be creepy or anything, but I just traced your timeline with this school you got an interview invite, attended the interview, and got accepted all within less than 3 weeks. That's the quickest turnaround I've ever seen. Congrats!!! :clap:

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Dude....not to be creepy or anything, but I just traced your timeline with this school you got an interview invite, attended the interview, and got accepted all within less than 3 weeks. That's the quickest turnaround I've ever seen. Congrats!!! :clap:

Haha you’re fine. Honestly my mind is blown by this. Still cannot comprehend it :'-) but I’m seriously pulling for everyone on this thread!!! SDN gang!!! <3 (and thank you so much for your kind words :))) )

Anyone else get an alternate list email? I know it’s an achievement still, but it feels like a gut punch...
I got off the waitlist this past cycle, keep the faith!

Reactions: 1 users
Nice!!! Seems like your perseverance has paid off!

• Love
For the "Do you have experience shadowing or working with a physician (DO or MD)?" questions is it advised we just list. Ive only got scribing so I listed all the physicians I worked with. I already talked about the scribing experience during the primary so I was unsure if they wanted another story. I saw some of y'all had many shadowing/experiences and just listed, however I only have one so I guess I could go into detail

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any advice on MUCOM's interview?

They give you exactly 30 mins in your interview. Someone will automatically pull you out of the room, so it can get kinda awkward at the end while you’re waiting for it to end. I just tried to keep it conversational regardless! That was the weirdest part for me though lol. But just be genuine, that’s the best advice I can give!
EDIT: Zoom breakout room, not physical room lol! It’s all virtual!

Last edited:
They give you exactly 30 mins in your interview. Someone will automatically pull you out of the room, so it can get kinda awkward at the end while you’re waiting for it to end. I just tried to keep it conversational regardless! That was the weirdest part for me though lol. But just be genuine, that’s the best advice I can give!
Woah. So they're still doing in person interviews???

Quick question my good people. So I received my secondary application received email on 8/24, but it says my application is "on hold" due to missing LORs. I have already submitted by LORs via AACOMAS and I wasn't sure as to why they were not posted on my portal yet. All the other schools have my LORs in their system but Marian. I know it says in the email that I shouldn't contact them unless 4 weeks have passed, but I'm just getting a lil neurotic (as usual lol). Anyone has any idea about this?

Quick question my good people. So I received my secondary application received email on 8/24, but it says my application is "on hold" due to missing LORs. I have already submitted by LORs via AACOMAS and I wasn't sure as to why they were not posted on my portal yet. All the other schools have my LORs in their system but Marian. I know it says in the email that I shouldn't contact them unless 4 weeks have passed, but I'm just getting a lil neurotic (as usual lol). Anyone has any idea about this?
I submitted my secondary on 7/22, LORs marked as received ~8/11, and then on 9/1 I received an official email telling me my application is complete and under review. I went through this wait even though all my LORs and other requirements were available to them from day 1. If you read other posts on this thread, you'll see people have similar wait times or even longer. Just be patient! Good luck :)

• Love
I submitted my secondary on 7/22, LORs marked as received ~8/11, and then on 9/1 I received an official email telling me my application is complete and under review. I went through this wait even though all my LORs and other requirements were available to them from day 1. If you read other posts on this thread, you'll see people have similar wait times or even longer. Just be patient! Good luck :)
Thank you my hero. and MY GOD it took a long time for you to go through all that. Good luck to you and all my fellow neurotic premeds out here!

II received! OOS, Midwest, LM ~66

II last night, OOS, 514, 3.7. Caught me by surprise haha!
I actually LOL'd when I saw you were surprised with your stats Mr. Beast over there :D
Just got my II as well. Congrats. See you on the other side comrade

congrats on those who got IIs! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?

Instead of an II, I got an email from Choose DO saying- "You've made it--you're at the interview process!" -- umm.. what interview? lol

• Haha
Instead of an II, I got an email from Choose DO saying- "You've made it--you're at the interview process!" -- umm.. what interview? lol
Hopefully, it's a foreshadow!

Those that got secondaries, after how long after submitting the primary did you receive it?

Got an email that my application is submitted at the end of August, it's approaching a 2-week mark that they have mentioned in the email about the review and sending secondary. Do you know if they do serious screening before sending out secondaries? And also if I still haven't heard from them, so do you think that's a silent R?

Got an email that my application is submitted at the end of August, it's approaching a 2-week mark that they have mentioned in the email about the review and sending secondary. Do you know if they do serious screening before sending out secondaries? And also if I still haven't heard from them, so do you think that's a silent R?

They are a bit backed up so I would wait a few more days. Maybe you could also try emailing or calling? They're pretty friendly and open to help.

Thats amazing! congratulations!

• Love
EDIT: Zoom breakout room, not physical room lol! It’s all virtual!
was it a pretty traditional interview with the standard questions? Closed or open file? And lastly, did they say when you should hear back about their decision

was it a pretty traditional interview with the standard questions? Closed or open file? And lastly, did they say when you should hear back about their decision
Hi friend! It was pretty traditional, but they do throw some curve balls at ya. Definitely don't be afraid to take your time on those and go with your gut response. It's closed file, and they said I would hear back either 5-12 days from the interview (I interviewed on a Friday and they called me the following Wednesday). They mentioned potentially not getting to the decision until the following week, though. It's a super quick turnaround time, and I love them for that lol. Hope this helps!! Good luck!!! :)

How long did it take to receive a complete email? I’ve been marked compete in the portal since 08/18.

Is anyone applying for the Early Acceptance Track? If so, have you heard anything yet? I know it's still pretty early on in September but considering they will do the interview and give an admissions decision within this month, they'd probably need to extend an II soon.

I'm sorry to hear that :(. Do you mind if I ask was it a complete rejection or an addition to the waitlist?
Complete rejection. Email says I wasn't selected to interview and best of luck in my endeavors

Has anyone that interviewed on last Friday heard anything yet?

Nothing yet. They did say they'd call today didn't they?

They said the admissions committee usually finishes around 5pm so expect a call shortly after. Good luck everyone we got this!