2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II last night around 11! OOS, 502 MCAT cGPA 3.82 sGPA 3.76 submitted secondary 7/3/2020

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
II last night around 11! OOS, 502 MCAT cGPA 3.82 sGPA 3.76 submitted secondary 7/3/2020

congrats!!! do you remember how long it took your app to be complete after submitting the secondary?

Interview!!! This school seems to be super mission-based, 3.52c, 3.56s, 499 MCAT ORM.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got the complete email, submitted secondary 8/4

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think that the last question on the secondary about any other relevant information could be considered to be optional? There are just so many questions already on the secondary and i have no idea what to write for this one, especially since it's only 750 characters. This is the only question holding me back from submitting my secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think that the last question on the secondary about any other relevant information could be considered to be optional? There are just so many questions already on the secondary and i have no idea what to write for this one, especially since it's only 750 characters. This is the only question holding me back from submitting my secondary.

I think it is optional, I didn't write anything for that prompt because I was able to explain everything I wanted to in the previous prompts.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it is optional, I didn't write anything for that prompt because I was able to explain everything I wanted to in the previous prompts.
Thanks for your advice! Yeah, that's what I thought too. I felt that all of the other questions already covered what I wanted to include.

I answered the prompt with general information about my favorite hobbies, interests, etc.

The II email stated that the zoom link will be sent one week prior to the interview!
I am supposed to interview this friday but have not gotten one :/ not sure if anyone is in the same boat

I am supposed to interview this friday but have not gotten one :/ not sure if anyone is in the same boat
I sympathize as my interview is Monday 8/31 and I have not received a link!

Good luck you first-round interviewees!!!! Let me know how it goes too.

Do they screen presecondary? The last update I got from them was that my mcat was not verified but it was. I emailed them asking if they received my mcat or if i was receiving a secondary recently and they responded with "okay thanks for letting us know!" i'm confused

Do they screen presecondary? The last update I got from them was that my mcat was not verified but it was. I emailed them asking if they received my mcat or if i was receiving a secondary recently and they responded with "okay thanks for letting us know!" i'm confused
They do. Although, I'm not sure if it's to check if their minimum requirements have been met or something else.

Should I be concerned that they still have not received my LOR while other schools already have?

Good luck to all interviewees today!

How long did it take for y'alls letters to show up? I submitted my secondary on 8/9 and they still haven't shown up yet

For those who got the pre-interview activity, how close to your actual interview date did they send it out?

For those who got the pre-interview activity, how close to your actual interview date did they send it out?

About 2-3 days prior. It has nothing to do with your actual interview. It's for their own records. Super simple.

Reactions: 2 users
how long did it take for letter of recs to be marked as complete?

how long did it take for letter of recs to be marked as complete?

They're running a little behind but I just sent them an email and they marked me complete since it had been over 3 weeks since i sent in my secondary.

They're running a little behind but I just sent them an email and they marked me complete since it had been over 3 weeks since i sent in my secondary.

My letters are checked off as received on the portal but I never got a complete email?

Just got the call...accepted!! Holy moly I did not think this would happen this early in the cycle. As a reapplicant I can just reiterate that this is a long cycle. Stay positive, hang in there, and let me know if you ever need any words of encouragement :)

• Love
Reactions: 29 users
complete since 7/12 and waiting on an interview, one of my top choice schools :(

Just got the call...accepted!! Holy moly I did not think this would happen this early in the cycle. As a reapplicant I can just reiterate that this is a long cycle. Stay positive, hang in there, and let me know if you ever need any words of encouragement :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Happy for you :)

Anyone else get an alternate list email? I know it’s an achievement still, but it feels like a gut punch...