2021-2022 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got II at 8:00 pm yesterday which is interesting as I would assume people would just be off work during that time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the last date that we can accept and enroll? After paying the seat deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
lol was rejected via portal, no email in like october and today got an email for their masters.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Giving up my II for MU-COM this week so hopefully it goes to one of you deserving people still hoping for an II from here! Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 1 user
Giving up my II for MU-COM this week so hopefully it goes to one of you deserving people still hoping for an II from here! Good luck to you all!
I also gave up my II invite for this week! I hope it goes to one of you that has been waiting

Did you ever get an email back after withdrawing your II? I haven’t yet and I’m concerned they think I’m going to be there tomorrow😅

Did you ever get an email back after withdrawing your II? I haven’t yet and I’m concerned they think I’m going to be there tomorrow😅
oh shoot sorry for not replying yesterday! Yea i had called them on Tuesday about giving up my II but I had to leave a voicemail. I got an email later in the day from Ashley Weedman who asked if I wanted to just cancel my interview or withdraw my application all together. Hopefully, they got back to you before your interview

Hi everyone, so I received an II invite today for MUCOM. Does anyone know if they're still interviewing for open seats, or if they have moved onto interviewing for waitlist spots? Just trying to decide if I should accept... Any advice is helpful. I've already been accepted at one other school.

Hi everyone, so I received an II invite today for MUCOM. Does anyone know if they're still interviewing for open seats, or if they have moved onto interviewing for waitlist spots? Just trying to decide if I should accept... Any advice is helpful. I've already been accepted at one other school.
Also wondering, II today too!

OOS 501 3.8x, Waitlisted today. Does anyone have experience with being on the waitlist and seeing movement already?

II received today! Just sent an update last night so it must've worked! OOS 50X 3.7 gpa

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol was rejected via portal, no email in like october and today got an email for their masters.
I just checked my portal and had no idea I was rejected back in November lol why couldn't they have sent an email...

have my interview coming up this Friday, would love any tips on last-minute prep that I can do! Is it more MMI, traditional, etc? How is the format of this interview?

have my interview coming up this Friday, would love any tips on last-minute prep that I can do! Is it more MMI, traditional, etc? How is the format of this interview?
It's very casual and conversational. Closed file with two interviewers at the same time, lasted about 20-30 minutes. For my interview, they asked fairly common, typical questions. Admissions staff outlines how the interview is graded in a presentation before you do it... basically each interviewer grades you and that score is compared to that interviewer's average score to ensure even if you get a "tough" interviewer you'll be assessed fairly. Both of my interviewers were super friendly...I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it.

It's very casual and conversational. Closed file with two interviewers at the same time, lasted about 20-30 minutes. For my interview, they asked fairly common, typical questions. Admissions staff outlines how the interview is graded in a presentation before you do it... basically each interviewer grades you and that score is compared to that interviewer's average score to ensure even if you get a "tough" interviewer you'll be assessed fairly. Both of my interviewers were super friendly...I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it.
were there any MMI/behavioral situations? Or is it more of just traditional questions

Just received II. Does anyone know the grading system used?

Accepted on 2/9/2022! Only took me three years, lol.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
WL today... hopefully there will be movement in March to May...

• Care
How are Marian's preclinical and clinical years graded? Is it all P/F? 🙏

How are Marian's preclinical and clinical years graded? Is it all P/F? 🙏
I believe pre-clinical years are grade-based, whereas clinical years are P/F (with high honors, honors, etc.).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?

got waitlisted post- interview, pretty shocked since interviewers seemed really engaged, but i am OOS with minimal ties

• Care
II today! Thank you to those who opened up II and A spots!
I submitted my application way back in 8/18/21, but there was some issue with my LORs for this school - and I didn't hear about the issue until 10/15/21. I turned in necessary LORs on 10/24/22, but got an official "your application is complete" on 1/14/22 :confused:.
Sent an update letter on 2/22/22 - and here I am 3/1/22 with an II!! Yay!! what a process 😅

OOS applicant, Midwestern resident, Canadian undergrad, 3.5x gpa, 50x MCAT.

II today! Thank you to those who opened up II and A spots!
I submitted my application way back in 8/18/21, but there was some issue with my LORs for this school - and I didn't hear about the issue until 10/15/21. I turned in necessary LORs on 10/24/22, but got an official "your application is complete" on 1/14/22 :confused:.
Sent an update letter on 2/22/22 - and here I am 3/1/22 with an II!! Yay!! what a process 😅

OOS applicant, Midwestern resident, Canadian undergrad, 3.5x gpa, 50x MCAT.
Congratulations! When is your interview day?

Does anyone know when waitlist movement typically occurs and how many people typically get off the waitlist?

Pre interview R. Best of luck guys

• Care
Got that pre interview rejection too. LETS GOOOOOO

Reactions: 3 users
Just to let anyone else who is in WL, the movement starts around the beginning of May according to the trend from the previous year's thread.

Reactions: 2 users
II today and only saw one date for next week. Declined it, hope it goes to one of you guys!

Any interview questions that you didn’t expect?
I did not expect one of my first, non-academic-related questions. I am in-state, so my interviewer asked me where is the first restaurant I would take a guest from out-of-town?

I am on the WL. Is there a good possibility of getting an acceptance?
They said they interview about 600 and there are 150 spots. I doubt they reject many post-interview so the majority of them are probably waitlisted. But plenty of them will probably have an acceptance at another school as well so the waitlist could move pretty quickly.

I was accepted here last week, and I am wondering if anyone is aware of a group me or Facebook group for the incoming class! :)

• Love