2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And final follow-up: "A notification will be sent whenever a new school has invited you to interview with VITA, unfortunately there was a minor glitch where applicants where notified for the same school multiple weeks in a row that has since been resolved."

Damn I actually liked the regular emails. A bit of consistency to look forward to in this cycle lmao

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I was complete 8/9 and still haven't heard about VITA, should I be a bit concerned since people who were complete by 8/20 have started to receive VITA invites?

I was complete 8/9 and still haven't heard about VITA, should I be a bit concerned since people who were complete by 8/20 have started to receive VITA invites?

I think it's probably still too early to worry about it. I was complete in mid-August before 8/20 and haven't received a VITA invite either. I'm sure with the combination of admissions officers working remotely and not chronologically reviewing every application it's still possible to get the VITA invite later. Ultimately, I don't know exactly how they're running things but have heard from other medical students that they had submitted early in past cycles and didn't get an interview invite until much later in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted VITA 9/4 and II today! Complete 8/12

II! Received the VITA invite 8/20. Submitted VITA this afternoon and got the II like two hours later lol, so it seems like getting a VITA invite = getting an II.

Reactions: 3 users
First II!!! Super happy :)

Complete 8/5, submitted VITA 9/8, II this morning

Reactions: 4 users
Also a question for those of you who completed the VITA: after you finished, VITA tells you that your recordings will be shown to the number of VITA invitations that you received. Did anyone else have two VITA invitations show, but only know of Hofstra?

Also a question for those of you who completed the VITA: after you finished, VITA tells you that your recordings will be shown to the number of VITA invitations that you received. Did anyone else have two VITA invitations show, but only know of Hofstra?
It also showed two for me, but I just ignored it thinking it was a bug. I haven’t received a VITA inv from any other School so didn’t think too hard about it.

I also had two, although my VITA invite was for UMass. It showed two invitations but I had (and still have) only received a VITA invite from UMass. I think its just a bug on their end.

VITA invite received just now! submitted mid-july

Members don't see this ad :)
Does any know if the default status after being complete is "your application is complete and in the review process" or is your app truly under review? Haven't checked the portal in a while and I wasn't sure if it has always said this

woah so they just sent you the vita invite then the II? then it seems like vita = II

Take it with a grain of salt, havent heard this happen to anyone else. VITA does seem to equal II but dunno bout II without VITA. The II email specifically starts out with a thank you for completing VITA message

Yes, I had VITA invite, did not complete right away. Got an email to complete within X amount of day the following week. My II also stated "thank you for completing VITA" when I hadn't but was planning on doing it that week. So n=1 blah bla bla who knows

Did anyone else take the VITA for another school a while ago then get a VITA invitation from Hofstra ( yesterday) but not receive anything about II from Hofstra?

Yes, I had VITA invite, did not complete right away. Got an email to complete within X amount of day the following week. My II also stated "thank you for completing VITA" when I hadn't but was planning on doing it that week. So n=1 blah bla bla who knows
Meaning II before completing VITA?

Meaning II before completing VITA?
Sorry if that was confusing. I have already completed the VITA for a different school but I just got an email asking me to complete it for Hofstra. I did not receive an II from Hofstra yet even though I completed the VITA a while ago for a different school. Is this pretty standard?

Sorry if that was confusing. I have already completed the VITA for a different school but I just got an email asking me to complete it for Hofstra. I did not receive an II from Hofstra yet even though I completed the VITA a while ago for a different school. Is this pretty standard?
I believe they send out VITA invites and IIs on different days. You may be in one pool to receive a VITA invite on a particular day (I guess yesterday in your case) and then you can receive an II some other day in the not too distant future.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe they send out VITA invites and IIs on different days. You may be in one pool to receive a VITA invite on a particular day (I guess yesterday in your case) and then you can receive an II some other day in the not too distant future.
You were right I think the order is random. I ended up getting an II yesterday

hello y'all question - I just submitted a secondary here as a last minute add-on, and when I go to the status thing it has a big red exclamation point next to the references, even tho my 5 letters are listed and all say received back in July. Is it just that it still needs to get sent over from AMCAS or what? Everything else is green except for the secondary app package complete which also has the red I assume cause of the letters. advice appreciated :)

Just for those looking back here after getting future VITA invites: VITA leads to automatic II. Submitted by VITA at 6pm Sunday and got the II 7:30 Monday morning

Reactions: 2 users
Just for those looking back here after getting future VITA invites: VITA leads to automatic II. Submitted by VITA at 6pm Sunday and got the II 7:30 Monday morning
+1: got the VITA invite a week ago, finally got around to doing it and got the Hofstra II an hour later!

Seems like VITA = II too. Got an II 30 mins after completing VITA

my app says it' complete but casper is still shown as not received. does this mean the school has not updated my portal or casper is not part of completion requirement for secondary?

my app says it' complete but casper is still shown as not received. does this mean the school has not updated my portal or casper is not part of completion requirement for secondary?
How long ago did you take Casper?

I took it in July but recently sent my score to them because I decided to apply to Hofstra like 3 days ago. I guess Hofstra takes a bit of time to process my casper score?

Give it a few more days - they're likely just taking some time to process it

Just got a vita invite. I've already done it for a different school. Do I need to do anything now?

VITA Invite today. Seems like VITA = II so that's nice. Won't add the II to my flair until its official though lol

Seems like Hofstra is sending II's to a lot of people. Don't know how this compares to other years

Seems like Hofstra is sending II's to a lot of people. Don't know how this compares to other years
I think in past years they've interviewed ~15% of their applicants, not a ton but more than plenty of other schools. Could also be sampling bias on SDN, and/or they're trying to frontload IIs

I think in past years they've interviewed ~15% of their applicants, not a ton but more than plenty of other schools. Could also be sampling bias on SDN, and/or they're trying to frontload IIs
They’re also already at mid to late November which I feel is further than most other schools.

VITA invite yesterday. Finished Vita yesterday. II official this morning

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if the interview is open file/closed file/partially open?
In the past there was one open file interview and one partially open (only personal statement and resume visible). I don't know how the virtual interviews will be structured this year but it should be something close to that.

So these virtual interviews are traditional correct? I know they said that in their email but on their website they still say that they do MMI

So these virtual interviews are traditional correct? I know they said that in their email but on their website they still say that they do MMI

I think I heard earlier in this forum that the VITA is their MMI part now and the real interview is traditional