2020-2021 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i think that’s different this year. i know 3 OOS applicants with IIs here, one of whom is above this comment lol

I’m OOS also
If you read what I said “this cycle is obviously different”

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an II, it seems like their interview is just VITA and then attending and info session. Can anyone else that received it confirm this?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I just got an II, it seems like their interview is just VITA and then attending and info session. Can anyone else that received it confirm this?
I was wondering if the VAVD is going to have an interview portion too!

For this question: If you were to describe the UA College of Medicine - Phoenix to someone else, what would you share with them?, is this suppose to solely be about the school, or does it connect back to your own experiences and interests?

Did they ever send out dates for VAVD? I recently got an II but never got a follow up email for dates.

Reactions: 1 user
Did they ever send out dates for VAVD? I recently got an II but never got a follow up email for dates.
I think that they are going to review the VITA and then send out the VAVD if they accept? I got that same email and have not received the VAVD dates

Members don't see this ad :)
they updated the admissions tracker.

25 OOS II and 19 IS II

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Verified 8/5 and still waiting, although about a week ago I finally got a "we got your primary" email but nothing after that. Should I be concerned or wait a few more weeks?

Verified 8/5 and still waiting, although about a week ago I finally got a "we got your primary" email but nothing after that. Should I be concerned or wait a few more weeks?
I think it is still really early in the process! Don't lose hope yet.

I think that they are going to review the VITA and then send out the VAVD if they accept? I got that same email and have not received the VAVD dates
Based on what I read in the email, I think everyone who they invited to complete VITA is also invited to a VAVD! They just haven't sent out the dates yet

they updated the admissions tracker.

25 OOS II and 19 IS II
MSAR shows that they interviewed 180 IS and 188 OOS last year. Even assuming that 100% of people who got interview invites accepted them (which isn't true), they have only sent out about 10.5% of IS and 13.3% of OOS interview invites. This obviously assumes that they send a similar number of invites this year, which shouldn't vary all that much.
1598318541919.png

Reactions: 2 users
MSAR shows that they interviewed 180 IS and 188 OOS last year. Even assuming that 100% of people who got interview invites accepted them (which isn't true), they have only sent out about 10.5% of IS and 13.3% of OOS interview invites. This obviously assumes that they send a similar number of invites this year, which shouldn't vary all that much.
View attachment 316861
So you’re saying there’s a chance?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
View attachment 316861
this is GREAT info, thank you!

for people that are going to the mixer tomorrow, what are yall wearing? i know its casual but i just wanted to see what everyone else was planning. also, has anyone received a link or any more information on how to get onto the mixer and VAVD?

Hi all. In-state re-applicant.
AMCAS Submitted 7/1 and Verified 8/12.

Did not receive secondary, which I found odd as last year it was automatic following the metric requirements.
Emailed them and said they had to verify my primary...

Primary under review email on 8/25 and still have not gotten secondary.

Anyone on similar boat or have any insight on the hold up?

for people that are going to the mixer tomorrow, what are yall wearing? i know its casual but i just wanted to see what everyone else was planning. also, has anyone received a link or any more information on how to get onto the mixer and VAVD?
I was thinking a polo, do you know what time it starts? I haven’t received any information

Did not receive secondary, which I found odd as last year it was automatic following the metric requirements.

Had that exact same problem. Then I attached all my LOR's to the school and within a week the secondary came.

Had that exact same problem. Then I attached all my LOR's to the school and within a week the secondary came.

Good look! But yeah I seen on the website they're requiring at least 1 LOR on file before secondary/review but I already assigned/attached 8 LORs to them on AMCAS before my Primary was verified....so idk :(

Good look! But yeah I seen on the website they're requiring at least 1 LOR on file before secondary/review but I already assigned/attached 8 LORs to them on AMCAS before my Primary was verified....so idk :(
Just email them.

I was thinking a polo, do you know what time it starts? I haven’t received any information
i haven't received any specific information about the mixer either! i guess they'll email us tomorrow?

Same here except OOS. Same submitted & verified dates and even received the primary under review email the same date. Just waiting now...

hey so I just called them this morning, and I think they've already sent out the email with all the links and times. they were super helpful on the phone, and said they would send me the info in the next couple hours, so I would recommend calling if you haven't head anything yet!

hey so I just called them this morning, and I think they've already sent out the email with all the links and times. they were super helpful on the phone, and said they would send me the info in the next couple hours, so I would recommend calling if you haven't head anything yet!
Thank you so much I’ll do so soon!

Did they answer the phone right away when you called? It is sending me to voicemail.

Same here except OOS. Same submitted & verified dates and even received the primary under review email the same date. Just waiting now...

Good look and glad to hear I am not not alone here. I just checked my spam/junk before I replied on here to make sure it was not in there but still no luck! Lets keep each other updated.

Did you also email them personally and hear anything?

Did they say what time the mixer was tonight? There is no time with the zoom link.

Good look and glad to hear I am not not alone here. I just checked my spam/junk before I replied on here to make sure it was not in there but still no luck! Lets keep each other updated.

Did you also email them personally and hear anything?
Haven't emailed them yet since I've been busy working on other secondaries. Just figured everything is taking longer this year and trying to be patient. Will maybe reach out by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything

I'm in the same situation. OOS, submitted and verified same dates as you.

I also got the same email on 8/25 and still waiting for the secondary. Hopefully we'll hear something from them soon though!

I also got the same email on 8/25 and still waiting for the secondary. Hopefully we'll hear something from them soon though!

Thanks for the follow up and making sure i was not the only one going crazy. Lets keep staying strong.

Thanks for the info, @SmellGud ! So is VITA the entire interview for this school? I've heard of the additional info session, but as far as an actual interview, it's just VITA with no live Zoom session or anything?

Thanks for the info, @SmellGud ! So is VITA the entire interview for this school? I've heard of the additional info session, but as far as an actual interview, it's just VITA with no live Zoom session or anything?
I don't know. I have not yet received an II yet. However, I did talk to admissions months ago and they had indicated that VITA would most likely only be part of their interviews.

Haven't emailed them yet since I've been busy working on other secondaries. Just figured everything is taking longer this year and trying to be patient. Will maybe reach out by the end of the week if I haven't heard anything

HI all. Just wanted to check in. Any word? Nothing on my end
#WaitGang

HI all. Just wanted to check in. Any word? Nothing on my end
#WaitGang

Nothing so far, sadly. Maybe they’re sending out secondaries in batches or something? Tuesday marks two weeks since their email, so hoping to receive something by then.