2020-2021 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deferred again let’s goooo

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here have not attended the VAVD? Or only attended a few sessions? It's too dang long lmao.
I believe the VAVD is required. It is a pretty long day but most of the sessions were useful and I found that I really loved this school after learning more about it

Reactions: 2 users
The admissions website says "Once notified, an applicant has two weeks to complete an Affirmation Statement to confirm the terms of the acceptance."

Is the Affirmation Statement a form/where can I find it? Thanks!!

The admissions website says "Once notified, an applicant has two weeks to complete an Affirmation Statement to confirm the terms of the acceptance."

Is the Affirmation Statement a form/where can I find it?
I asked Dr. Fogerty during my acceptance call, he said there is nothing required to do until mid February.

Reactions: 3 users
II just now, complete 12/1 - good luck to us all!

Last edited:
II today, complete August. Could anyone share what the VAVDs are like? How long are they and do we have cameras on/active participation?

II today, completed early Oct. Totally unexpected. I am a Phoenix native with two kids (single mom) and am literally jumping up and down with joy to get an II! Fingers crossed on the A, ya'll. I had given up hope on hearing back from any of the three local schools here I applied to. SO HAPPY!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
II today, complete August. Could anyone share what the VAVDs are like? How long are they and do we have cameras on/active participation?
Congrats on your II! They're all morning (8:30am-2:30pm MST) and it pretty much felt like a normal interview day but without the interviews. They say in an email that they'll send out to wear professional attire and from what I saw everyone had their cameras on the whole time and was participating.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
8:30-2:30 MT. Most applicants keep their cameras on, but the Dean told us at the beginning of the meeting that we had "permission" to turn it off if we had something to do. I was playing FIFA half of the time with my camera on.

• Wow
  • Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
If this school just uses the VITA, how long after you submitted yours did you hear back...was it sooner than your wait at other schools? Or is it dependent on your VAVD date?

Congrats on your II! They're all morning (8:30am-2:30pm MST) and it pretty much felt like a normal interview day but without the interviews. They say in an email that they'll send out to wear professional attire and from what I saw everyone had their cameras on the whole time and was participating.

8:30-2:30 MT. Most applicants keep their cameras on, but the Dean told us at the beginning of the meeting that we had "permission" to turn it off if we had something to do. I was playing FIFA half of the time with my camera on.
Thanks so much!

If this school just uses the VITA, how long after you submitted yours did you hear back...was it sooner than your wait at other schools? Or is it dependent on your VAVD date?
I think you have about a week or so to complete your VITA (if you haven’t already done it) and then you should expect a good amount of waiting (for me it was 10ish weeks) before hearing a decision, whether that is A, WL, or deferred.

Hope everyone is doing well! I received an interview for the U of A PHX Pathway program and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or tips for the VITA interview

Hello! Does anyone know how often they update the admissions tracker? It has said 109 IS interviews for a while now I think, and I know some people got IIs last week...

Hello! Does anyone know how often they update the admissions tracker? It has said 109 IS interviews for a while now I think, and I know some people got IIs last week...
The current numbers are from 1/27/21 (bottom right corner of the tracker), so I imagine they will update it sometime this week to the most recent numbers.

Has anyone that applied to the Pathway Scholars Program (SMP) been invited to interview?

After doing FAFSA, is there anything else we need to complete for the school?

VAVD this tuesday 2/9...is it all just passive or do they account for engagement? Also, when do you think I’ll hear back with that date ? Thanks

Anyone else anxiously waiting for news from tomorrow’s decision date??

VAVD this tuesday 2/9...is it all just passive or do they account for engagement? Also, when do you think I’ll hear back with that date ? Thanks
Its passive, but there are opportunities to ask questions and participate. I enjoyed it. Like a low-stress interview day. They will likely tell you at the end of the VAVD which date you can expect to hear back with a decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call from Dean Fogerty! Currently about 10AM AZ time. Interviewed 11/10(?). FIRST A AHHHHHHH!

Edit: LM - 71, WARS ~79 for other folks waiting! Best of luck, everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
Just got the call from Dean Fogerty! Currently about 10AM AZ time. Interviewed 11/10(?). FIRST A AHHHHHHH!

So happy for you, congrats!!

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations!

Are the calls done for the day?

Got the call at 9AM AZ time today! :D 10/6 VAVD - for those who have been on the deferred train this long (or even longer), there is hope!

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call around 12ish Texas time, Dean Fogerty was so kind and excited about my acceptance and application, god I love this school. Stats: 519/3.3/OOS/URM. Best of luck to everyone else :)

EDIT: Also if there ends up being an accepted group chat/page please let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
VAVD 11/17/20

Have not received a call yet. It's getting late in day.

I really like this school. :(

• Care
Same here pal. :/
We can't forget that if we don't earn an offer, it's not because we ain't worthy. It's entirely reasonable for a school to reject qualified candidates that fit the school. There are so many good candidates out there.

Congrats on getting an interview here, I hope you receive the A as well.

Deferred until March 1st as well. They wrote a nice email though. I’m not horribly upset. Just get to have my hopes up in three weeks again!

Are the provided VAVD times and schedule according to Phoenix time zone?

Are the provided VAVD times and schedule according to Phoenix time zone?
Yes, they’re all on MST (Arizona doesn’t observe daylights savings except in the Navajo Nation)

Got an R email. Sucks cause this was the cheapest school I interviewed at. In state, urm, 4.0, 510. My vita was awful in my opinion...but I have two As elsewhere both from schools with traditional interview formats.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone on the VAVD session involved with admissions decisions?

Did you all see on the personalized portal under events there are session dates listed for Cardiology/ Hematology PBLS via zoom? I wonder if this is part of the Second Look this year? I just went ahead and registered lol can't hurt

Did you all see on the personalized portal under events there are session dates listed for Cardiology/ Hematology PBLS via zoom? I wonder if this is part of the Second Look this year? I just went ahead and registered lol can't hurt
There was an email sent out yesterday with all of those session dates along with plenty of other events on how to stay connected with UA-Phoenix.