2020-2021 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have two different written (email) confirmations stating that I would hear back on 12/7 after going to the 10/20 VAVD. Unless Dr. Fogerty had a family emergency, calls should be going out today. Even then, I would expect that someone else would make calls or they would send out emails telling us to not expect decisions. This school does a pretty good job of keeping applicants updated throughout the process, so they wouldn't just ghost us today.

Didn't Dr. Fogerty say 12/7 was the earliest we could hear back, not that we will definitively hear back today?

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't Dr. Fogerty say 12/7 was the earliest we could hear back, not that we will definitively hear back today?
"Thanks for asking! You can expect to hear from us again on December 7th. If that date changes for any reason, you will be notified."

This is a response to an email I sent them confirming this.

I got my A early this morning via phone call from Dr. Fogerty! Not sure if that eases or adds to anyone's worry, but I figured I'd post to give you all an update. First time posting on here, keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my A early this morning via phone call from Dr. Fogerty! Not sure if that eases or adds to anyone's worry, but I figured I'd post to give you all an update. First time posting on here, keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!!
Well... I guess I'm not getting a phone call today then. Congrats on the acceptance!

Got an acceptance also this morning! So grateful! Fingers crossed for everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got an acceptance also this morning! So grateful! Fingers crossed for everyone!
I'm assuming both of you went to the VAVD on 10/20? And would you mind sharing your IS/OOS status and LizzyM?

I'm assuming both of you went to the VAVD on 10/20? And would you mind sharing your IS/OOS status and LizzyM?
Yes - VAVD 10/20. I've never computed my LM, but I'd say my stats are "competitive?" Also OOS. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Well... I guess I'm not getting a phone call today then. Congrats on the acceptance!
Don't lose hope! They haven't filled all their seats like other schools. I know the wait is awful but stay positive!

• Care
Just got a post-II IS Rejection. Attended VAVD on 10/20. Peace out homies and good luck!

SmellGud out!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Deferred again (from the 9/1 VAVD). Welcome to the club to anyone who was newly deferred lol

Members don't see this ad :)
LM 72, complete end of August and IS. Feeling a little forgotten! Hope to hear something soon.

Hey all, got the acceptance call and email last week - am I correct in my assumption that we don't have to formally accept the offer? Don't remember hearing anything about it during the call, there's no mention in the email, and the portal hasn't changed. Can one of the other accepted students confirm?

Hey all, got the acceptance call and email last week - am I correct in my assumption that we don't have to formally accept the offer? Don't remember hearing anything about it during the call, there's no mention in the email, and the portal hasn't changed. Can one of the other accepted students confirm?
Yes you are correct! That's been asked on this thread a few times. Congrats on your A!

Just got a rejection email. 12/18 I know my stats may not have been the strongest but this one cut kind of deep. Good luck to all of you! I'm still rooting for you!

• Care
Wishing good luck tomorrow to all my fellow 11/3 VAVD-ers waiting to hear back! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call from Dean Fogerty around 10 AM AZ time!! Started crying on the phone and he was so nice haha. I really love this school, hope I see some of you next year as classmates!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the call from Dean Fogerty around 10 AM AZ time!! Started crying on the phone and he was so nice haha. I really love this school, hope I see some of you next year as classmates!

Congrats!! This is one of my top choices too so I can imagine the excitement

• Care
congrats!!! VAVD-ing in Jan. what's for me to do to get admitted? Please this is my #1 choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats!!! VAVD-ing in Jan. what's for me to do to get admitted? Please this is my #1 choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! Not sure if you've already done VITA but if not, just relax and try to do your best. I definitely felt kind of meh about my VITA performance but still got the A

Thank you! Not sure if you've already done VITA but if not, just relax and try to do your best. I definitely felt kind of meh about my VITA performance but still got the A
... so what about the VAVD? I have attended two other ones ... I do not think nobody noticed I was there. My VITA ... DOUBLE MEH!!!

... so what about the VAVD? I have attended two other ones ... I do not think nobody noticed I was there. My VITA ... DOUBLE MEH!!!
You don't have to do anything during the VAVD! It's just a series of presentations about the school but there's no interview component to the day, so you can just relax during it.

Wishing good luck tomorrow to all my fellow 11/3 VAVD-ers waiting to hear back! :)
Didn't they say there were announcing decisions on 12/21? I thought they did so I've been anxious leading up to today, but if I got that wrong I don't want to spend the whole day glued to my email!

Didn't they say there were announcing decisions on 12/21? I thought they did so I've been anxious leading up to today, but if I got that wrong I don't want to spend the whole day glued to my email!

Yes they did, two acceptance calls have been reported on here so far today. Seems like no other news.

Yes! I believe everyone who attended the VAVD on 11/3 should hear back today whether it be an acceptance, deferral, or rejection.

Yes! I believe everyone who attended the VAVD on 11/3 should hear back today whether it be an acceptance, deferral, or rejection.

Don't mind me, just manifesting more acceptance calls today

• Care
Does anyone happen to know if MD/PhD applicants who did the VAVD on 11/3 would also hear back today? They didn't mention any other decision dates, so I am assuming they are the same, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone happen to know if MD/PhD applicants who did the VAVD on 11/3 would also hear back today? They didn't mention any other decision dates, so I am assuming they are the same, but I'm not sure.
I'm wondering the same thing - but I think MD/PhD is probably at a later date....

R through email just now, good luck to everyone else waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Deferred! Does anyone know how likely it is for a deferred to turn into an acceptance? It seems like they send quite a few deferrals

Deferred! Does anyone know how likely it is for a deferred to turn into an acceptance? It seems like they send quite a few deferrals
Hey! Just wanted to say that I believe U A Phoenix has 120 spots, and they have only made 65 offers according to the website. And a deferral is so much better than a R. Stay positive, I'm rooting for you!

A little late, accepted yesterday morning (IS, LM 75, interviewed 11/3)! For those that have been accepted, did your portal change at all? It says now there's onboarding info and a checklist but I don't any of it.

A little late, accepted yesterday morning (IS, LM 75, interviewed 11/3)! For those that have been accepted, did your portal change at all? It says now there's onboarding info and a checklist but I don't any of it.
Congratulations!! How do you feel about your Vita? I am interviewing in Jan

Congratulations!! How do you feel about your Vita? I am interviewing in Jan
Congrats on the II! I thought my VITA went terribly, I didn't get to mention anything I wanted to, and I felt like such a mess with gathering my thoughts, rambling, and having an organized conclusion to each question. I guess they see past all that though because Dr. Fogerty told me on the phone that they knew I was a great cultural fit for the school from watching my VITA! So don't stress if you aren't confident about yours :)

Congrats on the II! I thought my VITA went terribly, I didn't get to mention anything I wanted to, and I felt like such a mess with gathering my thoughts, rambling, and having an organized conclusion to each question. I guess they see past all that though because Dr. Fogerty told me on the phone that they knew I was a great cultural fit for the school from watching my VITA! So don't stress if you aren't confident about yours :)
Thanks! I wish you the best!