2020-2021 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an Academic Probation notice on my transcript due to poor grades in the beginning of undergrad. Do you all think I should answer yes to the question "have you been subject to a disciplinary action and/or administrative action, expunged or not, while an undergraduate or graduate student?"

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does everyone get an encouraging email from Mayo to apply based on MCAT scores, like is this an actual sign or is this just blasted to every one lol

Does everyone get an encouraging email from Mayo to apply based on MCAT scores, like is this an actual sign or is this just blasted to every one lol
This is the Einstein thread lol, but typically those emails are just blasts and don’t mean anything

thoughts on using the "anything else?" prompt for why einstein? for such a long secondary they really don't ask much of substance and I'm conflicted as to whether they would like to see an actual essay or not

thoughts on using the "anything else?" prompt for why einstein? for such a long secondary they really don't ask much of substance and I'm conflicted as to whether they would like to see an actual essay or not
I’m planning to use my diversity essay and connect it (relatively briefly) to Why Einstein

Reactions: 2 users
If I don't meet their recommended 40 credit hours in humanities/social sciences should I check "No" and explain that I'll take more classes to fulfill the requirement during my senior year? Or does it not matter because it's just a recommendation?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I was only employed for one semester during the school year should I even bother answering that question? Also does Varsity Tutors count as employment? XD

Havent gotten my secondary yet. Is the anything else their only essay?
It's their only essay that everyone does, I believe. The others are specific to certain circumstances, like gap years, employment during the school year, etc.

If I was only employed for one semester during the school year should I even bother answering that question? Also does Varsity Tutors count as employment? XD
Were you paid? If so, it's valid to mention it, with an explanation of why you did it/what you needed the money for.

I think the spirit of the question is to get a sense of students who had to work to support themselves in college (including jobs not directly related to medicine) so they can 1. understand your grades and EC's in the context of your hours spent working and 2. find out about professional skills you may have developed from odd jobs that might have been excluded from your primary.

Reactions: 1 user
Were you paid? If so, it's valid to mention it, with an explanation of why you did it/what you needed the money for.

I think the spirit of the question is to get a sense of students who had to work to support themselves in college (including jobs not directly related to medicine) so they can 1. understand your grades and EC's in the context of your hours spent working and 2. find out about professional skills you may have developed from odd jobs that might have been excluded from your primary.
What about being employed by the university? I had several jobs with the university, but not outside. Does it make a difference if it was work study?

What about being employed by the university? I had several jobs with the university, but not outside. Does it make a difference if it was work study?
It doesn't matter who employed you, just whether you were being paid to do a job. I'd list any work within the university in addition to outside of it: TA, dining hall worker, bartender, server, landscaper...anything. I don't think work study will make any difference. The point is that you were devoting X number of hours into working, for whatever reason (necessity, needed extra cash, etc.), while other students may not have needed to. It paints a broader picture of who you are.

My instate people, any of yall still waiting on this one. submitted primary 6/1

Secondary received and submitted! OOS

Secondary received OOS MSTP. Note for MSTPs there is space to "briefly describe your research interests in broad strokes (ie Neuroscience or Immunology) not specific focuses" AND a question that asks what your favorite class is and why (3000 char).

For their suggestion of a minimum of 40 credit hours for humanities, behavioral, and social sciences, how tough are they on that number for meeting that specific competency? I emailed them but they simply redirected me to the competency section of the website. I had a little under 30 credit hours for this category. I'll likely call them directly as well but wanted to see if others were in the same boat.

Still no secondary

Reactions: 7 users
Is anyone else getting an error message when trying to submit (prior to paying)?

What are they referring to when they ask for your Ethnicity as you provided it on your AMCAS application? I'm looking at my AMCAS app and I just see the one Self Identification box where they only ethnicity mentioned is Hispanic/Latino/Spanish. Does Einstein just want you to write if you are H/L/S or not?

What are they referring to when they ask for your Ethnicity as you provided it on your AMCAS application? I'm looking at my AMCAS app and I just see the one Self Identification box where they only ethnicity mentioned is Hispanic/Latino/Spanish. Does Einstein just want you to write if you are H/L/S or not?
That’s what I did. I just quoted verbatim my answer to that

is anyone else still waiting to get their secondary? IS MSTP here

Still nothing from Einstein... starting to get anxious :/

For anyone who has/is taking post-bacc classes, are we required to submit a letter of good standing? Not even sure what that is. I am taking a couple post-bacc classes through community college to fulfill requirements, so nothing formal. I am thinking about entering NA.

Below is the text pasted from the supplemental.

" If you are a Post-Baccalaureate student (not a Master’s Degree student), has a letter or statement of “Good Standing” been included in your letter packet? If “yes,” please indicate the name, title and school from which the letter has been submitted. If “no,” please indicate when such a letter or statement will be uploaded to the AMCAS Letter Writer. "

Still nothing from Einstein... starting to get anxious :/
I haven't gotten anything either. Although, I can't say I'm complaining - still trying to work through the ones I have!

can someone post the secondary questions please?

It's a list of questions ("did you take time off during college? are you planning to attend medical school directly after graduating from your undergrad institution?" etc.), and if you answer the non-traditional/"default" to any of them then you have to explain.