2019-2020 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
received secondary this morning, OOS, just submitted now

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy moly. This word limit is brutal.

Reactions: 1 users
No kidding hahaha. I feel like my responses have all been like 3 sentences lol

I pre wrote my essays thinking it was 500 words. Seeing all the good stuff just get deleted was heart wrenching. But seeing no secondary fee was awesome.

Reactions: 2 users
I pre wrote my essays thinking it was 500 words. Seeing all the good stuff just get deleted was heart wrenching. But seeing no secondary fee was awesome.

Facts. I wish every school would adopt the "secondary-fee-only-if-interview" mantra

Reactions: 7 users
Facts. I wish every school would adopt the "secondary-fee-only-if-interview" mantra

Same. Only problem is that then all schools will be flooded with 10k plus applications since a student can just send to all schools. Imagine how long the II wait will be! Goro said charging secondary fee was to prevent that from happening

Same. Only problem is that then all schools will be flooded with 10k plus applications since a student can just send to all schools. Imagine how long the II wait will be! Goro said charging secondary fee was to prevent that from happening
I was reading last years thread and it seemed like this time last year people were waiting about 4-5 weeks after submitting their secondary before hearing back with II's

I was reading last years thread and it seemed like this time last year people were waiting about 4-5 weeks after submitting their secondary before hearing back with II's
In last year's thread the first secondary received was reported on 7/23 and the first II went out on 7/26...

In last year's thread the first secondary received was reported on 7/23 and the first II went out on 7/26...
saw someone who submitted their secondary this week last year and got an II 5 weeks later, guess it depends then

They also seem to be running on a later schedule this year. No-one said anything about secondaries until this past tuesday i believe

Members don't see this ad :)
For the rural/urban question-- does it affect decisions in any way? I do intend to work mainly in urban settings and I wouldn't mind working in rural areas for quite a while, I don't want to come off as not fitting their mission statement.

Reality can be whatever you want it to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
II received! OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Do we need a DO letter for this school? I just received a secondary. OOS

Anyone know if there is a pre-secondary screen? :unsure:

These secondary questions are so difficult to answer. I feel like everything I type is so choppy!

Secondary about an hour ago and submitted!! My fingers are crossed!

Just got an II a few minutes ago! I am over the moon excited for this opportunity!

Reactions: 2 users
Just received a secondary. Seems quite delayed relative to other apps. Is this unusual?

Just received a secondary. Seems quite delayed relative to other apps. Is this unusual?
I think so, I called earlier this morning and they said they are almost maxing out their bandwidth of sending out secondaries so she said within the week or next week.

They send a secondary to everyone with an MCAT of 490 or higher and I believe either a 3.0 or 3.2 GPA I don't remember which one.

Last edited:
Received my secondary about an hour ago as well!

I think so, I called earlier this morning and they said they are almost maxing out their bandwidth of sending out secondaries so she said within the week or next week.

They send a secondary to everyone with an MCAT of 490 or higher and I believe either a 3.0 or 3.2 GPA I don't remember which one.

I'm going to go with the 3.2, since I just got screened pre-secondary :(

• Sad
Received secondary this morning! I submitted my app on AACOMAS on 7/31. If only some other schools would send me their secondaries now...

Does anyone here know the best/closest airport to fly into?

I recommend the Fairfield Inn, if you're looking for somewhere to stay. Only 5 minutes from the campus! I stayed there when I visited the campus! There's also a Hampton Inn and Quality Inn in the same plaza

Reactions: 3 users
II finally received! lessgooo

Reactions: 3 users
How did you find out you were complete? Email?

Check your portal checklist, there should be dates received for your step 1 and 2 of the supplemental.