2019-2020 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That was a fast turnaround? Any ties to the school? Instate?
I had to look at the date again and could not believe it. but I'm OOS. Also sent in my Ca$per score by accident last week but I doubt that had anything to do with anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Interview Invite today at 11:37 AM
Complete 9/22 ?????
How on earth was my turnaround time so fast...? My stats literally are average for a matriculate but I am URM. Even still-- was not expecting this so soon at ALL!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Complete 9/22 ?????
How on earth was my turnaround time so fast...? My stats literally are average for a matriculate but I am URM. Even still-- was not expecting this so soon at ALL!

That turnaround time is incredible lol, congratulations!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 9/22 ?????
Are you IS or OOS

Complete on 8/5, OOS, LM 65.
My application is still under review, should I be concerned? Given everyone else’s fast turnaround time for OOS folks.

Complete on 8/5, OOS, LM 65.
My application is still under review, should I be concerned? Given everyone else’s fast turnaround time for OOS folks.

Complete 8/6 silence as well :/

complete since 7/7 i think im a littlee concerned with no update

Just interviewed, and I'm pretty sure they're interviewing all of the people with really strong ties to Ohio & the school first. All 20 people in my interview had ties to the area in one way or another (basically my whole family went to UToledo for college). They're looking to matriculate most students from the region. Feel free to PM regarding questions and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed, and I'm pretty sure they're interviewing all of the people with really strong ties to Ohio & the school first. All 20 people in my interview had ties to the area in one way or another (basically my whole family went to UToledo for college). They're looking to matriculate most students from the region. Feel free to PM regarding questions and good luck everyone!
Ahhh this bums me out. I was born in Toledo, worked for a hospital system in NW Ohio, had both my parents and three siblings of mine go to college there. Here’s to hoping I can still get an II

Yeah I applied to this school because they were supposedly OOS friendly. Oh well maybe soon they'll start branching out.

Yeah I applied to this school because they were supposedly OOS friendly. Oh well maybe soon they'll start branching out.
I'm IS and still not getting any love if that makes anyone feel any kind of comfort

I'm not sure this is true... I got an II on 8/2 and was there 9/6 and I have relatively weak ties to the state and none to the school.

I'd say there were a good amount of OOS people there when I interviewed on the 30th. The school was a lot nicer than I thought it'd be too. I liked the tour a lot.

Do they ask questions about your particular app/ personal questions in an MMI? Or are all the stations pretty much going to be ethical, health policy, or scenario-based questions?

Do they ask questions about your particular app/ personal questions in an MMI? Or are all the stations pretty much going to be ethical, health policy, or scenario-based questions?
None of the interviewers have your app or any of your personal information, but in general they like when you use personal stories or experience to answer questions. All of the stations are ethics, health policy or scenario questions.

None of the interviewers have your app or any of your personal information, but in general they like when you use personal stories or experience to answer questions. All of the stations are ethics, health policy or scenario questions.

Cool, thanks for the response! Have you already interviewed here? I have mine in a couple days and am just starting to get really nervous...

Cool, thanks for the response! Have you already interviewed here? I have mine in a couple days and am just starting to get really nervous...
Yeah I have interviewed and it was a great experience! All the staff and current med students are very friendly and it is a very low stress MMI. You get a notepad during the MMI and get two minutes to think about each prompt. I used them to write 1-3 things I could talk about with the interviewer and once I got in the room the notes helped a lot.

Does anyone with an upcoming interview want to exchange contact information and work through various MMI questions together? I found a lot of great questions to work through and feel like it would be beneficial to get feedback on answers/hear differing opinions and thought processes. Feel free to PM me.

Can I submit more than one document for the document upload?

Been under review for a month! Hope that is good! Haha

Such a cool school, any word on what day of the week they tend to send out II and in what batches?

Best of luck everyone :)

Does anyone with an upcoming interview want to exchange contact information and work through various MMI questions together? I found a lot of great questions to work through and feel like it would be beneficial to get feedback on answers/hear differing opinions and thought processes. Feel free to PM me.
Also, have an interview too was trying to PM you but could not.

Is the Post-II acceptance rate for out of state students really 84%? That just seems preposterously high. This is according to the google doc that’s been floating around reddit/and Anyone have any insight?

does anyone know when they start giving their first acceptances out to regular decision applicants? I forgot to ask when I interviewed but maybe someone else did!

Is the Post-II acceptance rate for out of state students really 84%? That just seems preposterously high. This is according to the google doc that’s been floating around reddit/and Anyone have any insight?
you're talking about this HERE. I compiled the data from USNWR but it changes cycle to cycle so who knows if it's always that high

does anyone know when they start giving their first acceptances out to regular decision applicants? I forgot to ask when I interviewed but maybe someone else did!

I interviewed in August and they told us their turnaround time is 4 weeks and we’d hear on the 15th.

• Wow
I interviewed in August and they told us their turnaround time is 4 weeks and we’d hear on the 15th.
AHH so if I interviewed in early September I might hear in 8 days?!

I added UToledo to my AMCAS last week and still no secondary...is that normal?

per my email:

Dear [Hypnosis],

We have screened your AMCAS application and now invite you to complete the MD Program Secondary Application for further consideration for admission to The University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences.

Though I received the invitation same day my primary was verified. So it's most likely an algorithmic screen

Anyone else interview in early August and stresssssed for tomorrow?

Reactions: 3 users
anyone wanna call and see if they're sending out As/Rs/WLs today?

Interviewed on August 9th and was told a decision would be made on my application likely within two weeks. Really hoping that decision is going to be released today!

I interviewed at Toledo last year, and this year. My interview date last year was August 23rd didn't here back until October 26th-ish.
Oh wait did they not give you an acceptance last year? I wouldn't think they sent post-II rejections until like the end of the cycle

I received a wait-list response last year, but it never came to fruition. Hopefully this year will be different.
For sure you will. But wow I was under the impression that those of us who had interviewed back in August were practically bound to get accepted. Guess this is a bigger deal than I thought...