2019-2020 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called and got to their voicemail, left a message, will update when they get back to me

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview and didn't even take Casper so it must be optional

Members don't see this ad :)
They just told me that they're running a pilot program with CASPer. This cycle it won't count towards admissions decision, but it'll be used to see if they should require it in the future.

Reactions: 2 users
Why do I think a bunch of II's will come tomorrow? Caz they have September 6th interview day coming up and almost every Friday afterwards till October 15 is an interview day :)

And one of days interviews were once sent was on a Friday

Reactions: 3 users
"Have you lived in Ohio from your birth to the current date?" Is this question asking if I have live there "anytime" between birth and current date or "all-time"?

II!! This is my first one, so I'm very excited. The date is Oct 15th. After that, I think they had Nov 1st and Nov 15th. I hope to see a lot of other people saying they received one today too! Good luck!
Gotta ask you the standard: Complete date and stats??

Congrats!

II! Also first one for me, great start to a long weekend! LizzyM ~70, IS, complete 8/12
(Let me know if I missed any info haha) Dates available are Oct 15, Nov 1, Nov 15

• Love
Why do I think a bunch of II's will come tomorrow? Caz they have September 6th interview day coming up and almost every Friday afterwards till October 15 is an interview day :)

And one of days interviews were once sent was on a Friday

hello oracle of SDN

Reactions: 2 users
II!! This is my first one, so I'm very excited. The date is Oct 15th. After that, I think they had Nov 1st and Nov 15th. I hope to see a lot of other people saying they received one today too! Good luck!

Are you IS or OOS?

When were you complete and do you have any ties to Toledo or Ohio in general? Did you just receive the invite like a few min ago?
Complete late July, no ties. Received the II at 1:20pm EST

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried calling the school? I have tried on several occasions but it always goes to voicemail and seems like they never have someone staffing the phone?

Has anyone tried calling the school? I have tried on several occasions but it always goes to voicemail and seems like they never have someone staffing the phone?
i definitely think email is your best bet! they never answered my calls either lol

i definitely think email is your best bet! they never answered my calls either lol

Have you tried emailing and if so, did they email you back? I left a voicemail several days ago and they have yet to get back :(

• Sad
Did everyone who submitted their secondary get a confirmation email for when their application was considered complete? I got the "Application Received" email on 8/2, but my school submitted a committee letter on 8/13...I never got a complete email though :/ Wondering if I should email and ask. My portal still says "Your application is under review"

Did everyone who submitted their secondary get a confirmation email for when their application was considered complete? I got the "Application Received" email on 8/2, but my school submitted a committee letter on 8/13...I never got a complete email though :/ Wondering if I should email and ask. My portal still says "Your application is under review"
Yes- check your communication status on portal. "Complete for Review -- UToledo Medical School Application "

Yes- check your communication status on portal. "Complete for Review -- UToledo Medical School Application "

Thank you so much for this! I actually don't have that communication status, so maybe I'll email them just to make sure I'm complete in their eyes haha. Thanks again :)

• Love
Had my interview today. The MMIs were very conversational and nothing one could really prepare for. I wasn't asked "Why Toledo?" "Why medicine/why do you want to be a doctor?" "Tell me about yourself" at all. They really just want to get to know you as a person it seems and it was a long but good day!

Reactions: 5 users
Had my interview today. The MMIs were very conversational and nothing one could really prepare for. I wasn't asked "Why Toledo?" "Why medicine/why do you want to be a doctor?" "Tell me about yourself" at all. They really just want to get to know you as a person it seems and it was a long but good day!

Congrats!! Dang 8II's already. You are definitely above average.

Congrats on all the interviews! How long was the day, I think it said it starts at 10, what time does it end?

Congrats on all the interviews! How long was the day, I think it said it starts at 10, what time does it end?
Thank you!!

Starts at 9:45 and ends around 4:30 pm! You meet with the dean of admission from 1015-1050, break from 1050-1100, lunch with med students from 1100-1150, and then you have either MMIs or a tour and vice versa from 12-2 or 2-4 and it finishes with some small presentation!

Thank you!!

Starts at 9:45 and ends around 4:30 pm! You meet with the dean of admission from 1015-1050, break from 1050-1100, lunch with med students from 1100-1150, and then you have either MMIs or a tour and vice versa from 12-2 or 2-4 and it finishes with some small presentation!
Reason #1 to want to interview you here: they let you sleep in

oh yeah, more thoughts about my interview and such...

the meet and greet the night before says it's "business casual" - people wore jeans and the 2 med students that led it were dressed casually. There's no reason to dress business casual. I felt overdressed. I thought the meet and greet would have food/drinks/etc but it really was just a one-hour session with 2 med students where you could ask questions. It has no bearing on your application either so you don't have to go if you don't want to. That said, 17 of the 20 students interviewing showed up for mine.

Lecture isn't mandatory and is recorded. It's from 8-12 daily and 12-1 is always free. They post the lectures around 1 pm. Tuesday/Thursday you usually have lab. They have 37 cadavers for 175 students so it's around 5 students per cadaver. The cadaver lab was recently renovated and is well ventilated and didn't smell bad which was nice. It is in the basement which kinda sucks though.

Pre-clinical grading is pass/fail and they said that it does not factor into AOA so it seems like you can just focus on board material and then read through the slides for the in house quizzes/exams. They use NBME exams at the end of each "thread" which I think helps students get a good feel for board material.

They give you around 8 weeks for dedicated step prep and they just got the results from their students in the new curriculum and they scored around the national average (this is good. Usually, step scores drop when new a curriculum is implemented)

They have a large hospital system with ProMedica and Toledo so the students said you're usually able to do all of your rotations in the area (aside from 8 weeks of AHEC where you go to rural places 3rd/4th year)

For the 2nd secondary question where it discusses resilience and adaptability, would it be a bad idea to talk about my MCAT retake. I went from a 499 to 511 and wanted to talk about how I adjusted myself and adapted ensure success my 2nd time.

For the 2nd secondary question where it discusses resilience and adaptability, would it be a bad idea to talk about my MCAT retake. I went from a 499 to 511 and wanted to talk about how I adjusted myself and adapted ensure success my 2nd time.

It's not an awful idea, but it also sort of speaks for itself. Congrats on the score jump, btw!

Thank you!
Personally, I would not do it. It doesnt show the introspection im sure youre capable of. With a poor MCAT, its expected you refine and retake if you end goal is to be a physician. Adaptability and resilience manifests itself in many forms not educationally related.

Personally, I would not do it. It doesnt show the introspection im sure youre capable of. With a poor MCAT, its expected you refine and retake if you end goal is to be a physician. Adaptability and resilience manifests itself in many forms not educationally related.
Ya, ultimately I ended up changing it to a more personal and real-world example that I thought of in my life. Which I am happy I did. I dont know why I was having trouble but thankfully thought of something

Ya, ultimately I ended up changing it to a more personal and real-world example that I thought of in my life. Which I am happy I did. I dont know why I was having trouble but thankfully thought of something
Love to hear that! Yeah its hard asf lol. These instances happen all the time in everyones lives, but its hard to really find a good moment to use without feeling like youre dragging it out so far that its fake

IS? Stats? Affiliations? Complete date plzz. With that MCAT, you must have something else exceptional.

Yeah my MCAT won’t be the highest at the school, but I guess my GPA, extracurriculars, and “it” factor compensated for this.

Reactions: 1 users
First II this morning!
LM 72, WARS B/C level (high MCAT, lower BCPM applicant).
IS, ORM, complete early August.
First available dates were 11/1 and 11/8.

Interview today for 11/8! Complete 7/12, IS, less than stellar MCAT. Can’t wait!

Late Post - OOS II on 8/2 for MD/PhD, interview on 9/27 - very strong ties to school (both parents and older sibling went here) 508 / 3.73cGPA. Was complete on 7/29, and they must have seen the number of connections I had and immediately sent an invite, very surprised by this!

Side note, I've got my brother's wedding the day after (in Toledo!), so I'm hoping that the 4pm leave time is accurate. Can anyone who has interviewed already comment on about the time they were let out? Thanks!

Last edited:
Late Post - OOS II on 8/2 for MD/PhD, interview on 9/27 - very strong ties to school (both parents and older sibling went here) 508 / 3.73cGPA. Was complete on 7/29, and they must have seen the number of connections I had and immediately sent an invite, very surprised by this!

Side note, I've got my brother's wedding the day after (in Toledo!), so I'm hoping that the 4pm leave time is accurate. Can anyone who has interviewed already comment on about the time they were let out? Thanks!

You get out very promptly at 4. Might’ve even been 10-15 minutes early if I remember correctly

For those who interviewed... how many other interviewers were with you? And does anyone know the post interview acceptance data?

II 09/20/2019
Complete 09/15

• Wow