2019-2020 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who’s doing pre-matric take a look at the email we just received? I was looking at the participation agreement form, and we had to agree to not accepting an offer at another medical school (allopathic or osteopathic) if we do this program. I’m on the waitlist for my number 1 school and I thought that as soon as you actually matriculate (start orientation) it would be wrong to accept another offer. This is a pre-matriculation program so I’m confused why we would have to agree to that term.

Anyone who’s doing pre-matric take a look at the email we just received? I was looking at the participation agreement form, and we had to agree to not accepting an offer at another medical school (allopathic or osteopathic) if we do this program. I’m on the waitlist for my number 1 school and I thought that as soon as you actually matriculate (start orientation) it would be wrong to accept another offer. This is a pre-matriculation program so I’m confused why we would have to agree to that term.

Yeah i just saw this and I also agree that was very strange, hopefully you'll hear back by 6/19 lol

Pre-mat to a program you are going to mat to. They don't want to use their resources on some one that may leave. I think it is best to go with the school you already have the acceptance to. There is a good chance you may not get off the WL for that other school. Then what you are stuck. If it was me I would really talk to admissions at the other school and explain the situation to get a feel where I was on the list. But because it is so late in the cycle I would feel less likely to take the risk for the other school's WL.

Accepted today from HPWL! Interviewed 02/29/2020. Good luck to everyone !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Soo what’s the guesstimate on how many on HPWL is left

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Soo what’s the guesstimate on how many on HPWL is left
Well the last person to post here that got accepted interviewed 2/29, the last interview of feb. So we only have March left! Interviews lasted until the 3rd wk of march. So there can not be a lot left. But classes do start soon so we still need a lot of movement in a short time to get to our regular waitlist. But I still have some hope! I haven't called admissions in a while so if anyone else gets a chance to call let us know! My guesstimate is < 10% left.

So I just called, got the guy this time. They have a handful of people left on the HPWL. He said that it would be better to not expect a lot of movement on the Alternate List as I am relatively in the middle, and there are about 4 weeks left until school starts. He said they might be able to go through about a quarter of the alternate list, but this is all speculation. Told me it would be better to start prepping for my backup A school. :(

So I just called, got the guy this time. They have a handful of people left on the HPWL. He said that it would be better to not expect a lot of movement on the Alternate List as I am relatively in the middle, and there are about 4 weeks left until school starts. He said they might be able to go through about a quarter of the alternate list, but this is all speculation. Told me it would be better to start prepping for my backup A school. :(
Thank you for updating us! Things happen for a reason! Its the individual that brings the success not the school! No matter what you will be a doctor! The world is yours.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for updating us! Things happen for a reason! Its the individual that brings the success not the school! No matter what you will be a doctor! The world is yours.
Appreciate the great vibes!! Likewise to you! He also had said that they thought I was an out of state resident but when I called today he changed it to in-state because they used the wrong address. Really hoping that means I might be bumped up a few spots on the alternate list LOL. Praying we all get some good news in the next four weeks!

Appreciate the great vibes!! Likewise to you! He also had said that they thought I was an out of state resident but when I called today he changed it to in-state because they used the wrong address. Really hoping that means I might be bumped up a few spots on the alternate list LOL. Praying we all get some good news in the next four weeks!
How did they mess up your state ?!!

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
I just called admissions and they said they are highly likely going to finish the HPWL but she can't say what will happen to regular WL.

I met with admissions. They said they are still on the HPWL :( I was told that it depends on the students and every year is so different and they really can't predict what will happen.

I met with admissions. They said they are still on the HPWL :( I was told that it depends on the students and every year is so different and they really can't predict what will happen.
Did they say how far they think they will get in the regular waitlist?

I was accepted from the HPWL at the beginning of June but I just withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you!

Hey for anyone still on the HPWL or Alternate list not planning on attending when accepted - please withdraw your spot on the list! Would definitely speed things up for those with RowanSOM as their top choice and desperate to get off the WL !

Hey for anyone still on the HPWL or Alternate list not planning on attending when accepted - please withdraw your spot on the list! Would definitely speed things up for those with RowanSOM as their top choice and desperate to get off the WL !
I will be withdrawing my A. Good luck!

Just got accepted from the alternate list. I will be rejecting my acceptance offer! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if Rowan said anything about classes being virtual or in-person? I'm still on the waitlist, but I'm glad to see it's moving!

Does anyone know if Rowan said anything about classes being virtual or in-person? I'm still on the waitlist, but I'm glad to see it's moving!
I heard it is all online. But OMM is be in person for frist years in small groups and inperson exams

Anymore news on the alternate waitlist? Every time I call it goes right to the voicemail.

Anybody here that interviewed in Dec on the alternative WL? If yes, what date did you interview/ get placed on the list ?

Accepted! Interviewed late Jan, placed on alternate list 2/18. Also, I was told they are closed for the holiday weekend for those trying to call.

Reactions: 5 users
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!! Anything is possible. This is the only school I interviewed at. I was waitlisted in December.

Reactions: 13 users
I just got accepted today, interviewed in November. If any guys also got accepted recently, please PM me as I am in need of roommates and housing immediately. Can't believe I only have 4 days until orientation

I just got accepted today, interviewed in November. If any guys also got accepted recently, please PM me as I am in need of roommates and housing immediately. Can't believe I only have 4 days until orientation

Congrats!! Did you try joining the Facebook page for the class of 2024?

Congrats!! Did you try joining the Facebook page for the class of 2024?
Just got accepted a few hours ago, they conveniently have a google sheets to help with the roommate search so I'll try my luck there