2019-2020 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Officially withdrew today! I was also awarded a 10k scholarship so I hope this helps someone else! good luck everyone!
Thank you for letting us know!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email saying they're increasing the class size to 216. The first semester is also mostly online other than exams, OMM, and history and physical

this is awesome, thanks for letting us all know!!! this definitely makes me a little more relaxed

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying they're increasing the class size to 216. The first semester is also mostly online other than exams, OMM, and history and physical
just to clarify, increasing the class size for this year's entering class or the following?

Thanks for sharing!
Does anyone know what theyre planning on doing with the white coat ceremony? Its usually in August, so theres time but If classes are online does that mean they’re canceling it

Reactions: 1 users
also, they send out acceptances to individuals on the waitlist as soon as spots become open. (incase anyone was wondering)

Does anyone know if there is an accepted students Facebook page or somewhere I could get the information from accepted students day? Looking for a roommate!

were they able to tell u where u were on the HPWL?
[/QUOTE.]

Yeah let's find out where people were on the list And we Can see how much of the list they went through. Has anyone ever called and asked directly ? I tried about 2 wks ago and was just told there is a good chunk of HPWL left.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to stay on Rowan's waitlist past 5/15 if you are committed to another school? I know 5/15 is when the names of students who are committed to each school are released and you can only be committed to one, but not sure how that applies to waitlists. I called AACOMAS and they said you have to contact the individual schools.

Does anyone know if you are allowed to stay on Rowan's waitlist past 5/15 if you are committed to another school? I know 5/15 is when the names of students who are committed to each school are released and you can only be committed to one, but not sure how that applies to waitlists. I called AACOMAS and they said you have to contact the individual schools.

yeah I’m pretty sure you can stay on the WL because you can’t give up your A at another school that would essentially be risking it with Rowan without a guarantee that you’ll get in

Members don't see this ad :)
ok so I stalked the facebook group and counted about 55 people who are already students in the group and then there’s me whose in it but not a student yet SO the total amount of incoming students is about 194 when the class size is 216 so hopefully there will be more acceptances soon!

Reactions: 2 users
ok so I stalked the facebook group and counted about 55 people who are already students in the group and then there’s me whose in it but not a student yet SO the total amount of incoming students is about 194 when the class size is 216 so hopefully there will be more acceptances soon!
You can't go by the number of people in the group many people don't even have Facebook!

Reactions: 1 user
LMAO, respect

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted this morning from HPWL! Interviewed 1/8

Reactions: 4 users
If you’re still on the HPWL like this message. Just trying to get a sense of how many people are still left on it (in SDN population at least)

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone who interviewed in january still on the HPWL?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG congrats! Were u ever told your position on the list ?
Thanks everyone!
Unfortunately, I was never told my position, thats something they wouldnt disclose. To everyone still waiting to hear back, dont lose hope!

so I called admissions and they said they are about half way through the HPWL and that they have seen a lot of movement as of this past week

she said its hard to say but they typically get through the HPWL. she mentioned that some people haven't responded to the offer so that too

thanks for the update, that definitely makes me a little less stressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so I called admissions and they said they are about half way through the HPWL and that they have seen a lot of movement as of this past week
Thanks for asking! Anybody here still on the regular waitlist like me? I interviewed early Dec

Thanks for asking! Anybody here still on the regular waitlist like me? I interviewed early Dec
I am! I interviewed around then too, and when I called last month I was told I was at a good spot on the regular waitlist. But I don't really know what that means anymore :( I'm rooting for us!

I am also on the regular waitlist and I interviewed mid-January. Hoping for some great news in the upcoming weeks

Waitlisters we got this! Here is what we know. We know the HPWL is about half way through. The movement will most likely slow down after the May 15th deadline when people finished picking only one school. But I think there will still be good movement for another wk then slow down. I don't think movement ever stops until school starts.

I just talked with Jeannine she said she couldn't tell me where they are with how much of the list is left but she said they had a ton of movement this week and they weren't expecting that much. She said no one was called today though. She said she can't say if they will get through the whole HPWL. She said this year is very unique compared to other yrs. She also told me the ranking is based on interview date and scores of the interviewer.

Reactions: 2 users
I just talked with Jeannine she said she couldn't tell me where they are with how much of the list is left but she said they had a ton of movement this week and they weren't expecting that much. She said no one was called today though. She said she can't say if they will get through the whole HPWL. She said this year is very unique compared to other yrs. She also told me the ranking is based on interview date and scores of the interviewer.
What did she mean that this year is very unique? In a good way or bad way?

What did she mean that this year is very unique? In a good way or bad way?
I think it's a good thing! They said they had more movement than usual. She said it's probably because of COVID.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Anyone know when alternative waitlist movement might begin?

I emailed them about the high priority waitlist. Got the following reply. "We have had some movement on the high priority wait list and should have more within the next 8 weeks. "

When I first asked them this like in Feb they told me its usually end of June and right before the 1st day of classes. Some years they don't even reach the regular list and some years they do. I am hoping they reach it this year! 8 wks until the 1st day of school so not much of an answer lol

• Sad