2019-2020 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! OOS, LM 68, First interview date is September 5 through september. Complete 6/28.

When registering did you put your city and state or the city and state of the campus?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone wanna share a hotel room?
Picked 9/6 interview date.
I live in CT but don't think it's wise to drive that morning from CT so as much as I'm dreading spending the cash, will likely get a hotel for the night.
Will drive to the interview from the hotel tho so can carpool too.
PM me!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Waiting patiently for someone with a LizzyM 60 to get an interview...

Last edited:
Fingers crossed to hear back soon. When I called on Monday to check the status of my application they told me I was still under review. Does anyone know if they do silent rejections or if they inform you if you don't move on?

Did anyone receive an email from NYITCOM after submitting the secondary, or only from PayPal?

Members don't see this ad :)
NYITCOM, as well as several other schools, notified me that they have not received my MCAT scores. I submitted the scores almost a month ago and probably more than once. I've electronically submitted them once again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I just took a look back at the calendar to schedule interviews for OW and it looks like all the dates in September have filled up, but October 1st is now available. So, maybe they're getting ready to send the next batch of invites for the October interviews? Fingers crossed for you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Fingers crossed to hear back soon. When I called on Monday to check the status of my application they told me I was still under review. Does anyone know if they do silent rejections or if they inform you if you don't move on?
I read somewhere that this school does silent rejections. So while I'm not completely expecting to hear from them, I'm gonna continue to remain optimistic for a II.

I read somewhere that this school does silent rejections. So while I'm not completely expecting to hear from them, I'm gonna continue to remain optimistic for a II.
Thanks for the info! Fingers crossed I guess. Remaining somewhat optimistic :)

Anyone know if there are any requirements for the picture
everytime I submit a photo for a supplemental app, it has to be less than 2kb. Dont rmr the requirements for NYITCOM though. It was the first one I submitted

Just got an II here for Long Island! Complete 8/6

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Does this school send complete emails or anything? I submitted my secondary in late June, but my committee letter was just sent last week and I'm not sure if I should email them to make sure they received it.

Congrats to everyone who received II so far!
I'm going to be finishing up second week tomorrow; people were not kidding when they talked about the pace of medical school learning lol.

Does this school send complete emails or anything? I submitted my secondary in late June, but my committee letter was just sent last week and I'm not sure if I should email them to make sure they received it.

I received an "Application is now Complete" email from an NYIT.edu email address after the paypal payment was processed by them

I received an "Application is now Complete" email from an NYIT.edu email address after the paypal payment was processed by them

Did you get application is now complete or supplemental application is now complete? Because mine said "Supplemental Application is now complete" after they processed the paypal payment. And im not sure if that counts as the actual application is complete.

Last edited:
II OOS - Jonesboro! Complete 6/29 :)

Does anyone know if they send separate II for their locations? I got one for Jonesboro but was really hoping for Long Island

II!!! At Jonesboro campus

II to Jonesboro! OOS. Secondary complete on 7/1. Was on waitlist last cycle, so hopefully can make it this time!

Hi all,

Did you receive an actual complete email from the school? How did you know that you were indeed complete?

Thanks so much!

Has anyone submitted a secondary in early august and received a II for the OW campus yet?

Does NYITCOM New York campus have a preference for in-state students? also does anyone who got an interview at the OW campus mind sharing their stats?

Does anyone know if they send separate II for their locations? I got one for Jonesboro but was really hoping for Long Island

I'm not sure! However, there's a sentence on their secondary that states: The NYITCOM Admissions Committee reserves the right to recommend the best campus fit for you based upon your complete application.

Hope I get an interview here. Was complete back in July 2nd. Haven’t heard anything back. Had a waitlist last cycle.

Hope I get an interview here. Was complete back in July 2nd. Haven’t heard anything back. Had a waitlist last cycle.
I submitted on or around the same day as you. Biting my nails here because I haven't heard anything!!

MCAT- 498
undergrad sgpa-3.3, cumulative undergrad gpa- 3.63, grad gpa-3.94

Are you from New York/Ark or are an URM by any chance? If you don't mind me asking :)
Your GPA is really good!

Last edited: