2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone not gotten a secondary? Do they prescreen?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that are part of FAP (Fee Assistance Program) How long did it take for Morehouse to confirm payment option. Or did anyone forward Morehouse admission the FAP email.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that are part of FAP (Fee Assistance Program) How long did it take for Morehouse to confirm payment option. Or did anyone forward Morehouse admission the FAP email.
I'm still waiting and I submitted on 8/1

I submitted my primary in June (my first school that I submitted to) but never got a secondary invite. I'm URM and GA resident who attended Morehouse , what's going on :oops:

I submitted on 6/30. Received Secondary on 7/27. Submitted secondary on 7/31. Hoping to hear back about interview soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Morehouse have a housing program for interviewees? I got an interview invite (yay!!) but I don't see anything about staying with a med student like at other schools.

Just got my first II!!! OOS Complete 7/4.

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone here is lucky to get interviews.... just keep waiting, just keep waiting, just keep waiting, waiting, waiting, all that we do is wait....

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! But, I wonder why so late at night...lol. Stats and complete date?
Completed 7/4. GPA: 3.55, sGPA: 3.36, MCAT: 497. I also have strong ECs and 3000+ clinical hours.

Reactions: 2 users
Since Morehouse is very big on Primary Care, would it possibly hurt my chances if I indicated an interest in specialty care in the secondary app instead of primary care?

Since Morehouse is very big on Primary Care, would it possibly hurt my chances if I indicated an interest in specialty care in the secondary app instead of primary care?

I don’t think so. On MSAR they’ve had many students match into different specialties

Last edited:
Primary in on 6/29
Secondary received same day
Secondary complete by 7/8
app complete (recs in) by 7/24
II - 8/13

Last edited:
II last night (8/13), complete 7/4 (secondary received 6/28). excited to visit atlanta!

Does Morehouse have a housing program for interviewees? I got an interview invite (yay!!) but I don't see anything about staying with a med student like at other schools.

Congrats!! I was wondering the same thing... I emailed them a week ago and haven't heard anything

Congrats!! I was wondering the same thing... I emailed them a week ago and haven't heard anything
this would be so much better than my current situation (staying with family)
I'd like to be on campus and really get a sense of everything.
I am so excited but ridiculously overwhelmed

Anyone else have trouble logging back into the portal? I submitted the secondary yesterday but I’m not able to get back to the checklist page.

Anyone else have trouble logging back into the portal? I submitted the secondary yesterday but I’m not able to get back to the checklist page.

Yeah what you have to do is once you’re on that access denied screen, click on the morehouse logo then go to manage accounts and you can see it

Man I emailed my headshot and permanent residency forms to which they replied with a received email. I still do not have a completed notification and it has been more than a week since then and I have tried to contact by phone and email and they just do not respond. Feeling like I wasted my money here, should not have applied.

what is the form you are talking about I see nowhere about these forms

Did anyone else have issues gaining access to the secondary portal again after submission? I keep getting an error saying "Access Denied"/

what is the form you are talking about I see nowhere about these forms
Forgot to update, but turns out they did receive my stuff. You can find these forms under Supplementary Forms.
1. go to the secondary application portal
2. click on the morehouse logo
3. scroll to the bottom and you'll see a section called supplementary forms - here you'll see three items: application instructions, green card form, and picture form

Read the instructions to get all details, but you can submit the appropriate forms by emailing it to them after you complete them

I just received their email saying they received my secondary application even though I submitted everything July 25th.
Did this happen to anyone else?

I just received their email saying they received my secondary application even though I submitted everything July 25th.
I got the same message, and I submitted weeks ago...thought it was very odd

MCAT score released 08/20
Secondary 08/20
Submitted 08/22
No complete email yet

II 8/6, Complete 7/12, sGPA 3.91, GPA 3.93, 511 MCAT, IS and Atlanta native.

Hope this helps someone! If anyone has general questions about Atlanta, I'd love to help out :)

I just got that same message and I submitted it 8/4

just left the interview today, the school is amazing and the students are exceptional, if I get in I'm definitely attending.

for those interviewing->ladies bring a pair of flats

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
just left the interview today, the school is amazing and the students are exceptional, if I get in I'm definently attending.

for those interviewing->ladies bring a pair of flats
Congrats! Can you tell us more about your interview experience?

any word on whether student hosting is an option?

not that I know of, but I'm sure you can inquire about it.