2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm not sure how to put my picture inside the box on the form. Do I just email it as an attachment? How did you guys do it?

Members don't see this ad.

This might sound like a dumb question, but I'm not sure how to put my picture inside the box on the form. Do I just email it as an attachment? How did you guys do it?
I used Adobe since I had it downloaded as a PDF. I didn't have the version that would allow adding media, so I signed up for the free trial, added the picture, then canceled lol. It's Adobe DC.

I used Adobe since I had it downloaded as a PDF. I didn't have the version that would allow adding media, so I signed up for the free trial, added the picture, then canceled lol. It's Adobe DC.
That's what I did too

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have to send a form? I just uploaded a headshot on the secondary.

Edit: Also just called admissions. You just have to upload a photo where is says to on your secondary. If your application is complete, then you're all set.

Last edited:
When it asks if you are a re-applicant, are they asking to Morehouse specifically or to med school in general?

If I’m not verified on AMCAS yet does this mean that I can’t be sent a secondary yet?

Reactions: 1 user
If I’m not verified on AMCAS yet does this mean that I can’t be sent a secondary yet?
That is correct futurehopefuldoc! You NEED a verified secondary application then it will be sent to the colleges that you have selected, point blank.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from this school yet?
The first reported interview from last year's thread wasn't sent out until the first week in August. So hopefully we'll hear back something within the next two weeks lol

The first reported interview from last year's thread wasn't sent out until the first week in August. So hopefully we'll hear back something within the next two weeks lol
Oh awesome thank you!

Welp. Just got a rejection email today. My first rejection of the cycle. Submitted my secondary on 7/16.
Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The weird part is that it says entering class 2019 but on the secondary app, I selected 2020 entering class. Could the email be a mistake I am thinking? It's weird that first interview came out on august and its not august yet. Now ofc unless someone else got a interview invite too this week that I am not aware of.

im confused, was the essay optional? I didnt see a place to submit the essay when filling it out and submitted without an essay

The weird part is that it says entering class 2019 but on the secondary app, I selected 2020 entering class. Could the email be a mistake I am thinking? It's weird that first interview came out on august and its not august yet. Now ofc unless someone else got a interview invite too this week that I am not aware of.

Are you a reapplicant? I would hope they weren’t waiting until just now to reject if so. If not, I would call or email to confirm because that’s weird that it had the wrong year.

im confused, was the essay optional? I didnt see a place to submit the essay when filling it out and submitted without an essay
No it wasn't optional. You were given the option to either type it in or upload a document I believe. I uploaded mine in pdf form.

I received the 'application recieved' email on 7/8, but no secondary yet. Is anyone else still waiting??

I received the 'application recieved' email on 7/8, but no secondary yet. Is anyone else still waiting??

I am too! I contacted the admissions office and I was told my application is still in the review stage by the committee. So hopefully they will be releasing more secondaries soon...

Reactions: 1 users
Just recieved a secondary! How are you guys going about the prompt? Is it mainly “why Morehouse” with a mix of your personal statement? I’m not sure how to go about this and would like some advice.

Just recieved a secondary! How are you guys going about the prompt? Is it mainly “why Morehouse” with a mix of your personal statement? I’m not sure how to go about this and would like some advice.
What's the prompt this year? I'm trying to pre-write my secondaries

yup exactly, why morehouse+your ps

After submitting my secondary there is link to "View Checklist", and on it there is a spot to upload a resume. Is that required?

After submitting my secondary there is link to "View Checklist", and on it there is a spot to upload a resume. Is that required?
If you look towards the top of the checklist, there is a heading that says "documents." Under resume, mine says "not applicable." If yours also says this, then you don't need to. I'm assuming no one applying to the MD program needs to upload their resume though.

Hello to everyone! I received an interview invite yesterday evening :) Good luck!

Out of curiosity, stats/sent date/complete date?
Edit: Also, congrats!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Out of curiosity, stats/sent date/complete date?
Edit: Also, congrats!

Thank you :) Stats: WARS ~80; LM 67.3 Sent: 7.8 and received a complete email the same day! Hope this helped!

Reactions: 4 users
Received a complete email the day I submitted but never turned in the photo document or received instructions about it. Is that still necessary or no?

You're completed so nope!

Not sure this is the greatest advice in the event an interview is offered. They use the picture to remember applicants. If they can't recall your face when they see your app I could see this hurting you.

Not sure this is the greatest advice in the event an interview is offered. They use the picture to remember applicants. If they can't recall your face when they see your app I could see this hurting you.
There's a section in the secondary for you to upload your photo directly so the photo document form isn't required. I called the admissions office and they said as long as you uploaded the photo, you're all set. Also, many schools don't even require photos. If you left a good impression and they want you then you'll be accepted.

There's a section in the secondary for you to upload your photo directly so the photo document form isn't required. I called the admissions office and they said as long as you uploaded the photo, you're all set. Also, many schools don't even require photos. If you left a good impression and they want you then you'll be accepted.

I interpreted your original response as you telling the OP to just not address the lack of a picture. The last point may be true but for schools that are asking for a picture, not adding one could potentially still potentially hurt the applicant (not following basic instructions or whatever).

I interpreted your original response as you telling the OP to just not address the lack of a picture. The last point may be true but for schools that are asking for a picture, not adding one could potentially still potentially hurt the applicant (not following basic instructions or whatever).
When I called, the admissions employee literally told me "If you received the email that you're completed then you're all set." I'm only relaying the information I heard directly from the office. If they required it, then I doubt that they'd mark the application as complete.

Received an interview invitation yesterday evening!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just received a rejection! First one of the season - out of state, received 6/30, completed 7/1! Good luck everyone, stay calm! :)

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Just received a rejection! First one of the season - out of state, received 6/30, completed 7/1! Good luck everyone, stay calm! :)

Wow. They’re not playing around. Good Luck to you as well and keep your head up! It’s still so early in the cycle and I’m sure you’ll end up exactly where you’re supposed to be!!

Reactions: 3 users

Sorry to hear! Still early and I am sure you will have other chances throughout the cycle! What are your stats if you don't mind sharing?

How in the world did you get something like that so early... this whole cycle does not make any sense. Keep your head up and climb that mountain, the med school that is your destiny is waiting on you! You will get there!!

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else get II besides the 2 people that posted previously?