2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal changed the same day yours did, have you gotten your letter yet? I’m on edge waiting for mine and I’m wondering if it got lost in the mail.
I didn't get the letter either. I've been desperately checking my mailbox for the past week lol An email would've been much easier for everyone...:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get the letter either. I've been desperately checking my mailbox for the past week lol An email would've been much easier for everyone...:rolleyes:

Where are each of you? I was looking on USPS’s website and if they sent them out Tuesday it should be in my mailbox today

Yeah, I am incredibly anxious, I’m practically stalking my mailbox. I am surprised they haven’t arrived yet but maybe they mailed them out a few days later.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where are each of you? I was looking on USPS’s website and if they sent them out Tuesday it should be in my mailbox today
I live about 2 hours away. USPS should be here any time now.. lol I'll let you guys know!

I live about 2 hours away. USPS should be here any time now.. lol I'll let you guys know!
Thank you, please do! Mail already came today but I will definitely let you know if I get it tomorrow. I’m thinking it must have been mailed out after Thanksgiving sometime.

he usual tell me about yourself etc. My one-on-one was also low stress. Other applicants shared that they had to read a couple of scenarios on a piece of paper that included ethical questions, but fortunately, my interviewer only asked me a couple of questions about myself and my file. So be prepared for both I guess. We then observed a pbl session for 30 min and finalized the day with a tour and a presentation. We were done a little before 2 pm. Overall, they were very nice and honest about what to expect. The students were very clear about what they like and don't like, which I appreciated. Personally, I was
sorry to ask again, but what exactly were the rule changes? Like another user mentioned, I'm okay with changes that deter cheating, but is it something that could affect everyone else?
We now have to show our screen to the professor before submitting the exam. Its just a little annoyance but nothing that will affect your grade

I don’t understand how people from the August interviews are getting silence... is this a R or what?

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t understand how people from the August interviews are getting silence... is this a R or what?
I don't have anything to say since I interviewed in November, but if August folks are getting silence then I'm worried about the wait ahead of me lol. Have you contacted admissions at all or just waiting it out?

I don't have anything to say since I interviewed in November, but if August folks are getting silence then I'm worried about the wait ahead of me lol. Have you contacted admissions at all or just waiting it out?

I did, they said that until the status changes from the “you didn’t pick regular decision blah blah status” I won’t get the decision letter.... last year wasn’t like this

Withdrew my app. Hope it goes to one of y’all. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed mid-October and haven't received an admissions decision yet, though my status on the portal states a decision has been made.

Any updates from folks stalking their mailbox? No letter in mine yet, wish they did e-mail or phone call :drowning:

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! I received my letter in the mail yesterday and I got the portal update on November 26th!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!! I received my letter in the mail yesterday and I got the portal update on November 26th!
Congratulations!!! That gives me hope that mine will come soon. Mail already came today and it wasn’t there but hopefully tomorrow. If you don’t mind me asking, roughly how far are you from the school?

Any updates from folks stalking their mailbox? No letter in mine yet, wish they did e-mail or phone call :drowning:
I was waiting to see if it arrived today, but no dice. Holding my breath for tomorrow. What about you?

Congratulations!!! That gives me hope that mine will come soon. Mail already came today and it wasn’t there but hopefully tomorrow. If you don’t mind me asking, roughly how far are you from the school?
I live in Miami so about 4 hours away!

I’m still waiting for my portal to change... it still says the “as you didn’t opt for early decision you will be notified after nov 15”

My portal still says "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee." interviewed November

Is it common for people receive an interview invite to both LECOM-Erie and LECOM-Bradenton?

Last edited:
I’m regretting regular decision...this is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Attachments

• IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: 1 users
Just declined my interview for January 3rd. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone here that interviewed in December? Did they mention anything about the decision timeline?

Does LECOM actually reject anyone post-interview or just put those they don't want on the alternative list?

Has anyone else from November interviews heard back yet?

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone who had their interview here could share their experience and give me some tips. I have my interview here soon. Thanks!

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone who had their interview here could share their experience and give me some tips. I have my interview here soon. Thanks!
It’s a group interview followed by a very very short one on one. Group interview consists of ethical questions that the group collaboratively discusses. I’d just say, don’t be a gunner, but have some good contributions.

Do lots of research on their PBL curriculum. Most of the interview will be focused on teaching you more about it and seeing how well you fit within that learning style

Group interview is kind of laid back and supposed to test how you discuss / contribute / dissent in a group setting. One-on-one was disappointing to me: a very brief interaction with 1 faculty triggered by 3 cards that you have in front of you and that you have to flip and respond to. One of the questions was a research scenario that I did not expect to get at LECOM. I did not feel comfortable at all with that dynamic. I interviewed back in August and am still waiting for a letter....

Has anyone from November 15th or later interviews gotten a portal change or letter?

When was your update if you remember by chance?

I checked December 5th and didn’t have decision yet. Then checked yesterday and it was made. So sometime in between yesterday and December 5th