2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any portal updates this month?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

How long after interviewing did everyone receive a decision? I interviewed Dec 9th and I’m still waiting for a portal change. It’s ridiculous that they have no timeline to notify us by.

How long after interviewing did everyone receive a decision? I interviewed Dec 9th and I’m still waiting for a portal change. It’s ridiculous that they have no timeline to notify us by.
Facts, I interviewed on Dec. 6th and haven't heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted this earlier but to give you an idea, I Interviewed 11/15, my portal updated 12/13 saying a decision was made and would receive a letter in 14 days.

I interviewed Dec. 20th and just received my letter of acceptance in the mail today woohoo!

Reactions: 2 users
I just wanted to add that Bradenton is having their white coat this upcoming weekend so they are also probably busy with that.

I just wanted to add that Bradenton is having their white coat this upcoming weekend so they are also probably busy with that.
Is that for graduates? Or do they have a white coat ceremony for incoming students at the beginning of the year like other schools?

Just wondering, you think it’s possible they filled the class by now? Or definitely not

Is that for graduates? Or do they have a white coat ceremony for incoming students at the beginning of the year like other schools?
White coat ceremony for the 1st years that started in July 2019.

Just wondering, you think it’s possible they filled the class by now? Or definitely not
I obviously do not know, but I highly doubt it. They reserve spots for all MMS students and some don't qualify, others leave to other schools etc. So those spots will open up soon as well as whatever is left.

Members don't see this ad :)
I obviously do not know, but I highly doubt it. They reserve spots for all MMS students and some don't qualify, others leave to other schools etc. So those spots will open up soon as well as whatever is left.
I am just now submitting the secondary (I know, super late to the game), so I was wondering the same thing. I also find it weird that their secondary isn't due until May??? Like do they interview up until school starts?

I interviewed on November 22nd and have not heard much. My portal still shows "Under review post interview". I sent in my Letter of intent several days after my interview as LECOM-B is my top choice. I didn't hear back for several weeks so I e-mailed Ron again to confirm that he got it. He just said thank you and that he'd follow up with my file. That was maybe a week ago. So now I'm back to waiting. I'll update if I hear anything more.

I interviewed on November 22nd and have not heard much. My portal still shows "Under review post interview". I sent in my Letter of intent several days after my interview as LECOM-B is my top choice. I didn't hear back for several weeks so I e-mailed Ron again to confirm that he got it. He just said thank you and that he'd follow up with my file. That was maybe a week ago. So now I'm back to waiting. I'll update if I hear anything more.
Interviewed the same day, my portal shows the same status.

Feelin pretty restless about it. I applied with the AIS score and either get accepted or will immediately start studying for the MCAT to apply all over next cycle.

To quote the great goro, assume you are rejected until accepted. I’m assuming it’s a waitlist for me at best.

Just sent an email asking if he received mine as well!

Are there any current students on here I can talk to? I want to hear about your experiences with this school.

Are there any current students on here I can talk to? I want to hear about your experiences with this school.

I'm not a student but I have 2 good friends there that I spoke to many times and they both said they're enjoying it and have had a great experience thus far.

Anyone here have an interview in Feb, but your folder items are not showing as received? Not sure how to go about making sure these are checked off...

Anyone here have an interview in Feb, but your folder items are not showing as received? Not sure how to go about making sure these are checked off...
They supposedly check everything off within the 2 weeks before the interview. Thats what they did when I interviewed at lecom-b. They’re still unchecked for my lecom-sh interview in mid-feb.

Reactions: 1 user
They supposedly check everything off within the 2 weeks before the interview. Thats what they did when I interviewed at lecom-b. They’re still unchecked for my lecom-sh interview in mid-feb.

Thank you! I figured it might be around when they send a confirmation email, but seeing all the empty boxes still freaked me out haha

Did you happen to notice if the requirements check list was listed before getting an interview invite? I’ve been complete for months but just saw a checklist in the requirements section this past week. Hoping it means a II is coming my way!

Did you happen to notice if the requirements check list was listed before getting an interview invite? I’ve been complete for months but just saw a checklist in the requirements section this past week. Hoping it means a II is coming my way!
Honestly, I don’t know. I didn’t check it till after the interview invite. That sounds promising though:)

I applied to both LECOM's in September and my file is still under review. The only other school I completely applied to was MSUCOM and I just got an interview. Do they straight up reject without interview? I have a low gpa and MCAT so wouldn't be suprised.
If I understand your question right, then yes, they reject most people Without giving them an interview, as with most schools that get thousands of applicants.

Cancelled my interview here yesterday, I hope it goes to one of you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Any news/updates for anyone?

Still waiting for an interview. I have been complete for over four months now. What is really crazy is that I live like 15 minutes from the campus and drive past it for work several times a week. It sucks to be able to see the building all the time where my application is sitting and wondering what is going on. That being said, I just have to trust the process.
Meanwhile, I have my suit and tie on standby, shirt pressed, shoes shined, and tie chosen just in case I get a call on Thursday for a Friday interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Still waiting for an interview. I have been complete for over four months now. What is really crazy is that I live like 15 minutes from the campus and drive past it for work several times a week. It sucks to be able to see the building all the time where my application is sitting and wondering what is going on. That being said, I just have to trust the process.
Meanwhile, I have my suit and tie on standby, shirt pressed, shoes shined, and tie chosen just in case I get a call on Thursday for a Friday interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting since August for an interview. The staff in admission gets annoyed if you call or email them asking for an update.

Those waiting with me - how many schools did you apply to and any acceptances yet?

the reason I ask is because I only applied to Lecom this year since I didn’t take the MCAT until this month. If I don’t get in this cycle, I’ll reapply more broadly

Last edited:
Are there any Master's students or past master's students here who weren't notified of a decision until they saw your spring grades? And why would they do that?

Are there any Master's students or past master's students here who weren't notified of a decision until they saw your spring grades? And why would they do that?
doesnt The masters program only offer a seat if you keep above a certain GPA?

Seems like motivatedbycoffee is the only one on here with a decision and letter from December interviews. I interviewed 12/20 as well with no decision yet.
does your portal still say "under review?" and have you sent a status update at all?

does your portal still say "under review?" and have you sent a status update at all?
Yes, still “under review post interview”. I’ve sent one status update.
Same here.
I wonder how it went for students from the previous cycle that were in our situation. Did they ever end up hearing back, and if they did, when?

interviewed oct 25, no response.
Accepted at my dream school tho so fuuu it

Reactions: 1 users
Hey just got a text message for LECOM about getting an interview but already had one back in NOV anyone else get that message.

Interviewed in October, waitlisted in November. Just got a text that I was offered an interview. Hmmmm

Interviewed in October, waitlisted in November. Just got a text that I was offered an interview. Hmmmm
same dude..havent even heard back from my interview and just got an invite like lol wutt

I interviewed in October as well and have not heard anything yet. My file still says " The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application. As you did not opt for an early acceptance, you will be notified after November 15." And I also just got the text about being offered an interview. Weird must be a glitch in their system

Just got the text as well. Interviewed in December. Status in portal still shows as under review post interview.