2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sent in primary to this school. Any current students here willing to share their thoughts of this school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received and submitted!

I don't understand haha I was verified 5/20, and so many people are receiving secondaries before me
Same here! I was verified on 05/17 and haven't received any from the schools I applied to, but others who got verified one or two weeks after me have received theirs

Same here! I was verified on 05/17 and haven't received any from the schools I applied to, but others who got verified one or two weeks after me have received theirs
Do they screen or is it simply if you meet the minimum you get one?

Do they screen or is it simply if you meet the minimum you get one?
I'm pretty sure if you meet the minimum GPA (probably a 2.8-3.2) requirement and a committee letter or 2 letters from science professors

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified 5/24 and still got nothing
I JUST received an email for a secondary about 20 minutes ago. I don't quite understand how they pre-screen since it doesn't seem to be based on who was verified the earliest

I’m starting to think they send out secondary apps to people in reverse chronological order. So someone who was verified on 6/7 would get a secondary BEFORE someone who was verified on 5/15

Reactions: 1 user
I don't understand haha I was verified 5/20, and so many people are receiving secondaries before me
Does verification date really matter? I was thinking that as long as you were verified before the first wave of applications were sent out on July 15 then they all go at the same time. I could be completely misinformed. For example I received my acknowledgment that UNECOM received my primary application today but a lot of people received theirs yesterday. I was also verified before a lot of those people too.

Does LECOM need your LOR's before granting you an interview or during their file review?

Does LECOM need your LOR's before granting you an interview or during their file review?
From my understanding of past years they do not need them to be granted an interview but they do need them before you come in to interview.

Does verification date really matter? I was thinking that as long as you were verified before the first wave of applications were sent out on July 15 then they all go at the same time. I could be completely misinformed. For example I received my acknowledgment that UNECOM received my primary application today but a lot of people received theirs yesterday. I was also verified before a lot of those people too.
That's kind of what I am thinking

I was verified on 5/07 and I haven't received any secondaries :blackeye: freaking out

verified 6/2, and received a secondary on 6/21. Submitted secondary 6/23 and processed 6/24.

Last edited:
Do any current medical students have feedback on this school?

Reactions: 1 users
From my understanding of past years they do not need them to be granted an interview but they do need them before you come in to interview.

I don't know if this is traditional or not, but shouldn't they see the letters of recommendation before they offer an interview? I just feel like with how big of a part of someone's application they are, that it would be unwise to offer an interview to someone who seems qualified but then has terrible letters of recommendation haha.

I don't know if this is traditional or not, but shouldn't they see the letters of recommendation before they offer an interview? I just feel like with how big of a part of someone's application they are, that it would be unwise to offer an interview to someone who seems qualified but then has terrible letters of recommendation haha.
Normally, yes but given how many interview dates they have each cycle, they can afford to give out a lot. Also, I've noticed from past threads that they preferentially send out early interviews to high stats people (510+ 3.7+)

Normally, yes but given how many interview dates they have each cycle, they can afford to give out a lot. Also, I've noticed from past threads that they preferentially send out early interviews to high stats people (510+ 3.7+)
That would make sense! I guess there are quite a few dates now that I recall, especially spread out through all of its campuses.

Curious to know— if someone has their LOR’s in will they look at these before giving an interview, even though they don’t technically need them then?

Anyone get an II yet from here? Erie already sent out a bunch

Mine still says "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you. " even though I submitted my secondary on the 28th, same time as I submitted to Erie, but my Erie one says "Your application is under review. "

Mine still says "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you. " even though I submitted my secondary on the 28th, same time as I submitted to Erie, but my Erie one says "Your application is under review. "
Same here

Erie's interviews start about a month earlier than Bradenton's according to their interview dates. So I think they will send out II's this month.

I don't think so.. Last year people started getting an invite July 10, so hopefully, we'll get something soon.

anyone want to give their thoughts on the PBL pathway? I'm not sure how I feel about it but I still submitted a secondary. your input is appreciated :)

congrats!! do you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your secondary?

cgpa: 3.48 sgpa: 3.6 mcat 502, EMT, ER scribe
Secondary submitted 6/21

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else's portal still say "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you."? Hasn't moved to "under review" yet for me.

Anyone else's portal still say "We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you."? Hasn't moved to "under review" yet for me.

same here

Reactions: 1 users

mine says something similar but not quite the same, kinda odd. This is what mine says

Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

mine says something similar but not quite the same, kinda odd. This is what mine says

Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
That sounds like a good thing, though! I received a II from Erie, but my portal went straight from "under review" to "congratulations" so.... I guess Bradenton just does things differently? Guess we will have to wait and see!

That sounds like a good thing, though! I received a II from Erie, but my portal went straight from "under review" to "congratulations" so.... I guess Bradenton just does things differently? Guess we will have to wait and see!

Oh, so this is further along than the others?

Erie and Seton Hill are further along than Bradenton because they have already sent out II invites.

I guess I misunderstood your last comment. My response was in regards to my admission status at the Bradenton campus. I just thought it was odd that there are different admission status updates that sound like they are saying the same thing.

I guess I misunderstood your last comment. My response was in regards to my admission status at the Bradenton campus. I just thought it was odd that there are different admission status updates that sound like they are saying the same thing.
Guess they just like to avoid redundancy? They gotta keep us all on our toes, not knowing what to expect next! :laugh: