2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone!! Submitted AACOMAS yesterday. Applying this cycle using AIS. I graduated undergrad 2 years ago and work 60+ hours a week so studying for the MCAT is just not in the cards. I really hope the rest of my application speaks to my skills and devotion to becoming a physician and LECOM will give me a chance with just my SAT and GPA... wishful thinking perhaps, but it's worth a try! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Secondary received ! Submitted: 5-21-2021
Verified: 5-24-2021

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys only get a secondary from the Brandenton Campus and not the other ones such as in Erie, PA ?

Does anyone know when this campus usually starts interviews?

Did you guys only get a secondary from the Brandenton Campus and not the other ones such as in Erie, PA ?
Yup only bradenton. I see on the secondary portal I can do Erie right now but I’m not sure if I should just wait until I get an email

Yup only bradenton. I see on the secondary portal I can do Erie right now but I’m not sure if I should just wait until I get an email
I tried clicking it for Erie and the blue link doesn't work still so I think we have to wait for the email. Unless maybe it doesn't work due to tech stuff on my end.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried clicking it for Erie and the blue link doesn't work still so I think we have to wait for the email. Unless maybe it doesn't work due to tech stuff on my end.
I wonder why it’s called a secondary when they don’t ask us anything. Really just pay $50 and I’ll think about sending you a rejection letter/ acceptance or just ghost you

I wonder why it’s called a secondary when they don’t ask us anything. Really just pay $50 and I’ll think about sending you a rejection letter/ acceptance or just ghost you
I wouldn't mind paying each school the application fee since at the end of the day they are the ones taking the time to look at everything but I just don't see the point in paying for each application on AACOMAS or AMCAS if each school still wants you to submit an application on their website.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't mind paying each school the application fee since at the end of the day they are the ones taking the time to look at everything but I just don't see the point in AACOMAS or AMCAS if each school still wants you to submit an application on their website.
Definitely seems weird we pay all this money just for them to send our application and more money for the programs to look at it

Secondary received. OOS. Verified on AACOMAS 5/30/21

Do I pay the secondary or email them my Fee Waiver Acceptance email and get waived? I'm confused. They don't say anything on their site regarding Fee Waiver.

Probably the wrong place to ask this, but if I submit by June 24th am I took late to the game or will I be sitting pretty still?
You're still pretty early.

Just got the LECOM supplemental email. The link doesn't seem to be working and the portal's supplemental area also is coming up with nothing... anyone else?

Just got the LECOM supplemental email. The link doesn't seem to be working and the portal's supplemental area also is coming up with nothing... anyone else?
I’m having the same issue. I’m going to see if it works in an hour or so.

Reactions: 2 users

Gotta use google chrome

Anyone card getting declined ?

image.jpg

I tried my card 3x For Erie secondary application. My card hasn’t been charged. Is it only one fee for Erie and bradenton?? I paid bradenton secondary yesterday

View attachment 339045
I tried my card 3x For Erie secondary application. My card hasn’t been charged. Is it only one fee for Erie and bradenton?? I paid bradenton secondary yesterday
I am having the same issue, but only for the Erie Campus, my payment went through for the Bradenton campus. There is a separate fee for each

Anyone card getting declined ?
I had so many issues with that b/c my card company called it fraudulent activity after one Lecom charge (Bradenton to Eerie)

I tried to fill out the secondary form two more times and now I have 3 pending submissions, emailing IT hoping they can fix it. (hoping this does not mess up my entire app :( )

I am having the same issue, but only for the Erie Campus, my payment went through for the Bradenton campus. There is a separate fee for each
Oh okay I’ll try later seems like they are having issues. My transaction for ERIE is getting declined

Oh okay I’ll try later seems like they are having issues. My transaction for ERIE is getting declined
Oh wow! Looks like all of us are having these issues, I tried to refresh my page and it made me enter all of the details again, still was getting card declined. When I view the application status is shows 3 secondary submissions to ERIE, all with declined payments.

Got an email this morning with instructions to submit my AIS score. Hoping that a secondary is coming shortly <3

Do I pay the secondary or email them my Fee Waiver Acceptance email and get waived? I'm confused. They don't say anything on their site regarding Fee Waiver.
Yes! I called and emailed them this morning. They waived it in less than an hour.

how long after submitting the secondaries should we expect to receive an interview?

Status update : they have received my supplemental application. The review process will now begin

Yes! I called and emailed them this morning. They waived it in less than an hour.
I wonder if I can call ERIE location since they take time to verified it first if they can waive it

who did you ask to speak to? An academic advisor ?

Oh wow! Looks like all of us are having these issues, I tried to refresh my page and it made me enter all of the details again, still was getting card declined. When I view the application status is shows 3 secondary submissions to ERIE, all with declined payments.
Look at payment status. Mine is complete but pending verification which occurs at 6:30am every morning

Just called them and they said it's a widespread issue on their end. They are working on it and ask that we try to submit it tomorrow.

Edit: "it" being the transaction decline error everyone is getting when trying to submit the supplemental application.

Last edited:
I keep getting transaction declined message

I wonder if I can call ERIE location since they take time to verified it first if they can waive it

who did you ask to speak to? An academic advisor ?
I just called the admissions department and they transferred me to someone else. They told me to email them a screenshot of my fee waiver email and they would waive the $50 fee.

Submitted my AIS yesterday, got the secondary this morning. Luckily didn’t have an issue processing the fee.

Is the lake erie supplemental working now?

“the admission committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days”

rip

Reactions: 5 users
This might be a bit random but I just want everyone to know that you did great just getting to this point. Although this process should be competitive, I think it's a bit TOO competitive at times. For example, the average MCAT across MD schools is a 511... 81 percentile. So to have a DECENT shot at those schools you need to do better than THAT MANY smart people? Not all of us have our parents money to not work and get amazing grades and prep for the mcat 24/7. So for all of you who had to work like me full time and did above average even if it isn't a crazy high percentile, good job!! I know this is a DO school forum but I'm just trying to shed light on the fact that some people are super advantaged of getting great grades and scores and it's a shame adcoms don't consider this more when evaluating applicants.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Is that not good lol? Stats?
Not sure I’m just saying rip like I’m ready to rip the bandaid off and see if their extending an interview invite or rejection.