2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a way to submit my ACT score before interviews? I did a lot better on that than my MCAT and think it would help me get an interview. Also, does this school accept updates?
I think you can submit through AIS

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you do. I called the office of admissions with the same question and they said it is required. I didn't do well on my ACT, but I got an interview!

What if you took your ACT like 11 years ago? o_O

I’d like to know about updates too if anyone knows.

Same!

I don’t remember putting my SAT down for this supplemental. (I never even took the ACT.) Anybody receive an interview without supplying their SAT/ACT scores? I’ll have to call and pay to get mine because I took it like 10 years ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same!

I don’t remember putting my SAT down for this supplemental. (I never even took the ACT.) Anybody receive an interview without supplying their SAT/ACT scores? I’ll have to call and pay to get mine because I took it like 10 years ago.
I did not submit these scores and I had an interview on 8/9.

Current first year student who can help out with any questions you have

Yes, I highly suggest you show interest and send them updates. Send them to Ron Shively

Pre or post interview? I met him at an open house last year, briefly spoke with him.

Pre or post interview? I met him at an open house last year, briefly spoke with him.
At whatever stage you are at. Continued show of interest in the school helps a lot.

Reactions: 1 user
Question for anyone that has interviewed: how long did the interview day last? Trying to decide if I can book a flight home for the evening of my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an acceptance for the class of 2024 :)

Reactions: 6 users
I thought earliest was Sept 30th?
That’s what I was told as well. I decided on early decision, the first line of the email said you selected a decision date of September 30th. Congratulations we are happy to accept you into the class of 2024. Later on they noted I’d get a formal letter in the mail in the next week and that my deposit date of October 30th would still be honored despite the decision being sent sooner

That’s what I was told as well. I decided on early decision, the first line of the email said you selected a decision date of September 30th. Congratulations we are happy to accept you into the class of 2024. Later on they noted I’d get a formal letter in the mail in the next week and that my deposit date of October 30th would still be honored despite the decision being sent sooner

They totally love you. congrats!!

How do you like the program thus far?
It is pretty good. We are about half way through the anatomy block. A lot gets thrown at you but it is not impossible. If I can do it with a wife and 2 kids (one being 3 months old) anyone can.

Reactions: 1 users
It is pretty good. We are about half way through the anatomy block. A lot gets thrown at you but it is not impossible. If I can do it with a wife and 2 kids (one being 3 months old) anyone can.
Which pathway are you in if you don't mind me asking? I've been debating between the lecture based and PBL. I'm also married with a baby so the "teach yourself on your own time" PBL scares me even though I love everything else about it.

Which pathway are you in if you don't mind me asking? I've been debating between the lecture based and PBL. I'm also married with a baby so the "teach yourself on your own time" PBL scares me even though I love everything else about it.
At LECOM-B it is only PBL. However, they open up a good amount of time to get done what you need to.

ii yesterday morning. Best of luck to you guys. Its gonna be a long cycle ^_^

Last edited:
For anyone who has been accepted, did you get an email saying congratulations or did your portal change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days."

For anyone that has interviewed, what was the interview process like? Traditional, MMI, etc?

For anyone who has been accepted, did you get an email saying congratulations or did your portal change to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days."
My portal changed to that and I got an email. Not exactly sure if the portal changed first or the email came because I didn’t check my portal until after I got the email. Then my formal letter came in the mail 4 days later.

My portal changed to that and I got an email. Not exactly sure if the portal changed first or the email came because I didn’t check my portal until after I got the email. Then my formal letter came in the mail 4 days later.
Was this recently? When did you get the email?

My portal changed to say that the committee made a decision, but I did not receive an email, it only mentions that I will receive the decision in the mail. I am assuming this is a rejection, since someone mentioned getting an email saying they were accepted.....although, no one in last year's thread, that got accepted, mentioned an email. Oh well. We shall wait and see.

Last edited:
My portal changed to say that the committee made a decision, but I did not receive an email, it only mentions that I will receive the decision in the mail. I am assuming this is a rejection, since someone mentioned getting an email saying they were accepted.....although, no one in last year's thread, that got accepted, mentioned an email. Oh well. We shall wait and see.
For me last year, I saw the portal change, then got a call, then received an email. Things might be different this year though.

Reactions: 1 users
I just noticed my portal changed on Friday and got my acceptance letter today. I did not receive any email.

Reactions: 3 users
The same thing happened with my portal but I just got an acceptance in the mail today! I never received an email or call.

The same thing happened with my portal but I just got an acceptance in the mail today! I never received an email or call.
You're the second one to say that, so I hope it's a good sign. I accidentally put my dad's address down as my address (it's my permanent address but not my mailing address) so now I have to rely on him to open the letter because I live in a different state

"Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

Since late August

"Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee."

Since late August
+1 since June though :/ I cancelled my Erie interview, so I’m hoping that didn’t mess me with Bradenton..

Last edited:
Accepted. Interviewed 9/13. Never received an email, just the letter via snail mail.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview 8/9 and haven’t heard anything. Don’t think that’s good news since people who interviewed later got accepted

Anyone have any new rumblings or whispers that you can update us on?

Just to clarify on submitting ACT scores... Are people saying we need to submit ACT/SAT scores after an II is received? Or are we expected to submit our ACT score to even be considered for an II? I don't remember submitting my ACT score, so I'm wondering if I should because I haven't got an II yet?

Just to clarify on submitting ACT scores... Are people saying we need to submit ACT/SAT scores after an II is received? Or are we expected to submit our ACT score to even be considered for an II? I don't remember submitting my ACT score, so I'm wondering if I should because I haven't got an II yet?
If you submit your MCAT you do not need to use the AIS. If you opted to use the AIS, then you should've submitted your scores because they will not give out an II without one or the other.

Interviewed 8/5 and accepted 9/21 via mail!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I stated my ACT score in my secondary, but I never submitted it. But I did submit my MCAT