2019-2020 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now. LizzyM 71

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interviewing with me this upcoming monday 08/5?

Just received an interview invite for Bradenton!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! when did you submit and what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! II submitted 6/30, same day I got it. My stats are all over the place so tbh I'm surprised I got an interview invite. sGPA: 3.87 cGPA: 3.94 MCAT: 493. AIS: 126. EMT x3 years, medical scribe x1 year. 2 research projects, 1 project published.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMS I here, feel free to ask me anything unrelated to clinicals (I'm clueless about those too). Good luck to those interviewing!

OMS I here, feel free to ask me anything unrelated to clinicals (I'm clueless about those too). Good luck to those interviewing!

How do you feel about the school? Your experience with PBL? How receptive is the faculty to helping students? Is the no water no snack strict dress policy affecting you much?

How many hours a day do you spend hitting the books? Is it P/F?

Having fun? :)

Good morning, how did it take to receive a secondary after submitting the primary application?

Does anyone know if the committee letter attached to the AACOMAS application will suffice as the Letter of Recommendation for LECOM or do prospective students have to reach back out to their respective Doctors/Advisors and create another Letter of Recommendation specifically tailored for LECOM?

Does anyone know if the committee letter attached to the AACOMAS application will suffice as the Letter of Recommendation for LECOM or do prospective students have to reach back out to their respective Doctors/Advisors and create another Letter of Recommendation specifically tailored for LECOM?
The committee letter is fine. However, I sent my doctor rec letter separately from the committee letter.

Got an II this morning. My first one! My secondary was completed on 6/21. LizzyM 65. I’ll be interviewing 9/13.

Reactions: 4 users
How do you feel about the school? Your experience with PBL? How receptive is the faculty to helping students? Is the no water no snack strict dress policy affecting you much?

How many hours a day do you spend hitting the books? Is it P/F?

Having fun? :)

Definitely having fun. But I'm an ortho nerd who likes studying all day, so keep that in mind! The nice part about just starting out is that there is no PBL for the first six weeks so us first years can focus on anatomy (and a little OPP). I have met with the academic coach just to make sure my study habits were optimal and I have even met with the ortho club professor to discuss ortho and osteopathy. Both people were very receptive to my hectic schedule and very friendly. All of the professors have made it clear that they are happy to help if you need it. There are also 15 anatomy tutors (paid second years) who are available to any student at no charge. Also, after orientation week was done, Dr. Kauffman (the dean), took suggestions from us as to how they can improve orientation going forward. Overall, everybody seems very receptive.

The no water and no snack thing definitely isn't ideal. I would prefer to be able to have a drink of water during lecture occasionally. However, lectures are always an hour, no longer. If we have lectures back-to-back, we are given a 10-15 minute break between each to go to the bathroom and grab water. I am not sure how this will work in PBL. Dress code seems terrible, but it is oddly empowering. Ironing takes some extra time, but can be done on study breaks (like this one). Overall, not effecting me much at all--too busy studying to notice my chapped lips. Most people study off-campus anyways!

Again, I am an ortho gunner, so I spend 6-12 hours a day studying. That is actual studying, not looking at my phone (I have a timer running when I study). The classes are for letter grades, NOT P/F. An 89.49 is a B, an 89.5 is an A (no third letter grades, such as A- or A+). Hope this helps your decision process!

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely having fun. But I'm an ortho nerd who likes studying all day, so keep that in mind! The nice part about just starting out is that there is no PBL for the first six weeks so us first years can focus on anatomy (and a little OPP). I have met with the academic coach just to make sure my study habits were optimal and I have even met with the ortho club professor to discuss ortho and osteopathy. Both people were very receptive to my hectic schedule and very friendly. All of the professors have made it clear that they are happy to help if you need it. There are also 15 anatomy tutors (paid second years) who are available to any student at no charge. Also, after orientation week was done, Dr. Kauffman (the dean), took suggestions from us as to how they can improve orientation going forward. Overall, everybody seems very receptive.

The no water and no snack thing definitely isn't ideal. I would prefer to be able to have a drink of water during lecture occasionally. However, lectures are always an hour, no longer. If we have lectures back-to-back, we are given a 10-15 minute break between each to go to the bathroom and grab water. I am not sure how this will work in PBL. Dress code seems terrible, but it is oddly empowering. Ironing takes some extra time, but can be done on study breaks (like this one). Overall, not effecting me much at all--too busy studying to notice my chapped lips. Most people study off-campus anyways!

Again, I am an ortho gunner, so I spend 6-12 hours a day studying. That is actual studying, not looking at my phone (I have a timer running when I study). The classes are for letter grades, NOT P/F. An 89.49 is a B, an 89.5 is an A (no third letter grades, such as A- or A+). Hope this helps your decision process!
I really appreciate this feedback! Did you pick LECOM-B over other medical school acceptances?

My application status says "Your application in under review." I submitted my secondary a and got an email confirmation saying they received it, but my supplemental application says "In progress" under the application section. Has anyone else had this status/is it normal or am I missing something?

My application status says "Your application in under review." I submitted my secondary a and got an email confirmation saying they received it, but my supplemental application says "In progress" under the application section. Has anyone else had this status/is it normal or am I missing something?
It's normal. Dont frets. I have an II and it still shows the "In Progress" in green

I really appreciate this feedback! Did you pick LECOM-B over other medical school acceptances?

Yes I did, including a couple of allopathic schools. I really liked the idea of not sitting in lecture for multiple hours a day with PBL. I also liked the idea of not having to do rotations in the area if I don't want to (I can do them anywhere from San Diego to New York). Also, Lakewood Ranch is a very nice place to live and the weather here beats what I'm used to in New York any day. Not to mention this school had the cheapest tuition of any of the schools I was accepted at by far.

For those who have interviewed already, how was interview day? Any tips?

For those who have interviewed already, how was interview day? Any tips?
Interview day was good! They do the interviews first thing in the morning and start with the group interview. The interviewers I had were very nice and made the interview enjoyable. I would say just be yourself and speak on the experiences you've had that may make you stand out. I did a ton of preparation and really didn't get any of the questions I prepped for. I would just practice speaking and answering questions with someone so you seem polished speaking with others!

Thanks! II submitted 6/30, same day I got it. My stats are all over the place so tbh I'm surprised I got an interview invite. sGPA: 3.87 cGPA: 3.94 MCAT: 493. AIS: 126. EMT x3 years, medical scribe x1 year. 2 research projects, 1 project published.

Congrats! You give me hope with my 499 MCAT haha.

Submitted Secondary today. Wished I completed it earlier given how easy and short it was!

II on 8/6. Secondary submitted 7/11.

Anyone have any insight into what interview day was like? I go next Friday. Tbh hate the idea of group interviews

For those who have rceived IIs..so I submitted my secondary on 06/22 and I am still waiting for an update (II/reject)..Is the FL campus more competitive than Erie/Seton Hill? My MCAT scores are much better than my previous one and I got an II for Seton Hill last time. Still waiting for FL. Should I be concerned if it's been 2 months and I still haven't heard from them??

Anyone have any insight into what interview day was like? I go next Friday. Tbh hate the idea of group interviews
I can only share my experience of interviewing at SH, but I imagine it is the same interview on all the campuses- it is not super stressful, just know your standard why medicine, why do, why lecom

For those who have rceived IIs..so I submitted my secondary on 06/22 and I am still waiting for an update (II/reject)..Is the FL campus more competitive than Erie/Seton Hill? My MCAT scores are much better than my previous one and I got an II for Seton Hill last time. Still waiting for FL. Should I be concerned if it's been 2 months and I still haven't heard from them??

I haven’t heard either. Submitted my secondaries to Erie and FL campuses on 7/3 and my portals have not changed. They are notorious for silent rejections, but I suppose it’s still early. Plus I think LECOM receives like 10,000+ apps so what can ya do?

does it look bad to just email admissions and ask for an update on whether or not your application has been reviewed? I submitted mine mid June and just wanna know if I was silently rejected or not...

does it look bad to just email admissions and ask for an update on whether or not your application has been reviewed? I submitted mine mid June and just wanna know if I was silently rejected or not...
from what I gather, no one is getting any II just yet... or else there would be noise on here. so just wait is my advice...

from what I gather, no one is getting any II just yet... or else there would be noise on here. so just wait is my advice...

Lots of II have gone out, just none lately.

Edit, I should have said none have been reported here lately.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard either. Submitted my secondaries to Erie and FL campuses on 7/3 and my portals have not changed. They are notorious for silent rejections, but I suppose it’s still early. Plus I think LECOM receives like 10,000+ apps so what can ya do?
Thank you. I guess I can breathe easy knowing I'm not the only one sleeping with one eye open :nailbiting:

II for Erie received today at 530AM.
Only dates available are starting on Nov 8th

The staff wasn’t bad. Very transparent about rotation sites and how they are not locked in. 3 story building is only for medical students. Quiet nice and well kept. Didn’t have any rude security guards. Very nice neighborhood since it’s quiet new. Lunch was half a wrap :(.

As far for interview section, group interview was a series of questions. And you get to discuss it with your group of 5 members. Not bad. Until you see the interviewers start writing notes when you speak :p. Then you get a 10 minute portion with one faculty. Series of questions and a ethical question. Happens early in the day so you can chill after.

The sit in for PBL are actual students during their scheduled PBL times. 40 minutes long. Seemed longer since I was tired and hungry. Very interesting and collaborative.

A lot of books. No kidding about 6+ hrs of reading per night.

Grade scale and ranked.

Is there a way to submit my ACT score before interviews? I did a lot better on that than my MCAT and think it would help me get an interview. Also, does this school accept updates?

do you have to submit your ACT to get an interview? I just put in my mcat and my other stats. I dont think my ACT score would really help me out much

do you have to submit your ACT to get an interview? I just put in my mcat and my other stats. I dont think my ACT score would really help me out much
Yes you do. I called the office of admissions with the same question and they said it is required. I didn't do well on my ACT, but I got an interview!

Is there a way to submit my ACT score before interviews? I did a lot better on that than my MCAT and think it would help me get an interview. Also, does this school accept updates?

I’d like to know about updates too if anyone knows.