2019-2020 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I plan on bringing my parents
Is it strange to bring your boyfriend? Haha parents can’t make it because of work

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it strange to bring your boyfriend? Haha parents can’t make it because of work
hahaha I wouldn't judge. from the sound of it, it is very informal and just a day to get to know each other and the school better. Bring whoever you like for your +2!

I was wondering the same thing, glad I might not be the only one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Partners, spouses, parents are all good options to bring. Anyone who's invested in where you'll be for the next 4 years. Last year they had separate sessions for guests about medical school, osteopathic medicine, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Declining my acceptance, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Mine also didn’t work. I submitted a service request through the IT department and they sent me a link to update my password.
I got it fixed! I called the IT department and they sorted it out.

Does anyone know how much they take into consideration in the application if you’re a Christian or not? Never completed my secondary because of it, but I’m reconsidering it cause they emailed me today to submit it.

Does anyone know how much they take into consideration in the application if you’re a Christian or not? Never completed my secondary because of it, but I’m reconsidering it cause they emailed me today to submit it.
I’m agnostic, never came up in my interviews.

I don't think it would get you in if you wouldn't get it in anyway

Awesome. I’ll go ahead and submit it then lol. I got accepted elsewhere but it would be nice to be near family as well.
CUSOM definitely not like LUCOM (interviewed there too). They are unapologetically Christian. Which is fine too - you know what you’re getting.

During my interview they said they teach Christian values because they feel those characteristics are important in our field. I’m not religious and it wasn’t an issue, they did not ask any questions about it during the interview and I think it is important for physicians to be moral and ethical so it seems practical.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi, current MS2 at CUSOM. No, it does not affect your chances at admission. If the school is in the right area for you, I wouldn't let concern over not being Christian hold you back. Just speak to your true passions in your app and interview.

I have plenty of agnostic classmates. I have Jewish and Muslim classmates. I have openly gay classmates that established our Med Pride club this year. I believe anyone can be comfortable and find their place at CUSOM.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi, current MS2 at CUSOM. No, it does not affect your chances at admission. If the school is in the right area for you, I wouldn't let concern over not being Christian hold you back. Just speak to your true passions in your app and interview.

I have plenty of agnostic classmates. I have Jewish and Muslim classmates. I have openly gay classmates that established our Med Pride club this year. I believe anyone can be comfortable and find their place at CUSOM.

thank you! Now I’m really sad lol. Wished I asked a lot sooner... my chances are probably slim now

• Sad

well, it came up in my interview that I was living with my fiancé before we are going to marry. They still waitlisted me and no one confronted me about it. I don’t believe this would be like LUCOM. I think it’s just religiously affiliated but they don’t require students to be Christian or anything.

Anyone know what accepted students day is all about? Not sure I can swing getting down there that weekend and want to know if I'm missing something big

Anyone know what accepted students day is all about? Not sure I can swing getting down there that weekend and want to know if I'm missing something big

Just a day for you to meet your classmates and upperclassmen, see what clubs are available, tour with your family. It’s not mandatory and you won’t be missing out on anything. Everything you learn on accepted students day will be repeated during orientation. Now...missing Lake Retreat in July is a different story.

Retrieved from an email I received from CUSOM, I hope this helps.

Accepted Students Day

Accepted Students Day for the Class of 2024 will be on Saturday, April 18, 2020. Our day will be from 8 AM – 3 PM.

This is a very special day for everyone. It will give you the opportunity to meet your fellow classmates, get to learn more about the curriculum and rotation sites, and meet some of your upper classmates. We also offer the opportunity for your family to learn more about us, Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine and Campbell University, and get to see what is so special about our school.

We will be providing a “continental-style” breakfast with pastries and fruit, as well as lunch for all students and guests. There is no dress code for the day. You and your family/guests may wear whatever is most comfortable.

Anyone hear anything back who interviewed February 11th? They said 2 weeks and I’ve been checking my email nonstop but nothing yet.

thank you! Now I’m really sad lol. Wished I asked a lot sooner... my chances are probably slim now
Based on timing, that is likely true.

It’s a mistake to start eliminating options prior an acceptance somewhere

Interviewed in January and still waiting to hear back. I was wondering if you think it is worthwhile asking more teachers for letters of recommendation? I already sent a committee letter which contained 3 letters and had 2 additional letters sent. through AACOMAS I am not sure if getting more letters would be helpful.

Interviewed in January and still waiting to hear back. I was wondering if you think it is worthwhile asking more teachers for letters of recommendation? I already sent a committee letter which contained 3 letters and had 2 additional letters sent. through AACOMAS I am not sure if getting more letters would be helpful.
Honestly probably not

Anyone hear anything back who interviewed February 11th? They said 2 weeks and I’ve been checking my email nonstop but nothing yet.

I interviewed feb 10th, no news yet either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent them an update letter and got an email today that said they will rank us once interviews are over and send us our ranking in April.
Ditto on that. Best of luck to you!

Current student- just curious how is the quarantine affecting classes right now?

Current student- just curious how is the quarantine affecting classes right now?

Not a current student, but a friend of mine is and pre-clinical is being completed online. At this rate, I'm beginning to think we will begin M1 online if we start on time.

Not a current student, but a friend of mine is and pre-clinical is being completed online. At this rate, I'm beginning to think we will begin M1 online if we start on time.
Do you think m1 start will be postponed? I’d really just rather start classes online instead of postponing first year at all

Do you think m1 start will be postponed? I’d really just rather start classes online instead of postponing first year at all

Hopefully not, the first two exams are critical in getting your feet wet for the med school schedule. Having all the time in the world to study for them without learning how to balance studying with labs will cause a huge shock when you start with an even tougher schedule in addition to all the labs you’d have to make up...it would be a huge disservice. Hope that doesn’t happen, and if it does be prepared to hit the ground at a sprint when you do get back.

Not trying to scare anyone ;) but I’ve always found understanding things, no matter how anxiety inducing, ahead of time gives better results than walking in with ignorance.

Got Accepted off the waitlist today!
Interview on 1/21, waitlisted 2 weeks later.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
just got an II here. weird cause they sent me an email saying my app was just complete yesterday when it was actually complete like in august.

How are students going to handle the USMLE now that it’s switched to pass or fail? Are there many CUSOM students still taking usmle?

How are students going to handle the USMLE now that it’s switched to pass or fail? Are there many CUSOM students still taking usmle?
we'll be the first class this is affecting so I don't think anyone has the answer to that yet.

Are they just filling up the waitlist at this point?

Are they just filling up the waitlist at this point?
I interviewed in early Feb and they said the class was full at the time, so it was a wait list interview. So that is probably the case :/ BUT it seems that some people are starting to get accepted off the wait list!

Reactions: 2 users
It's through zoom not skype
I'm mad confused. on the first interview they said skype interview then the follow-up today said zoom. the invitation email said skype and they also asked you to input your skype ID.

I'm mad confused. on the first interview they said skype interview then the follow-up today said zoom. the invitation email said skype and they also asked you to input your skype ID.
yeah i think they were planning on skype then probably realized zoom is better

With the sudden need for online curriculum, a lot of the faculty are only just now learning how to operate these programs. Literally had a professor today spend the first 10 minutes of our lecture figuring out how to zoom. Lotsa confusion going around lol.