2019-2020 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@BASBaseball15 and others inquiring about places to live, I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this but you will get an exhaustive list of housing options from student affairs this spring. In the past they have also had a bulletin-style option for people to post some info about themselves who are looking for roommates. For my year they also reached out over the summer to make sure we had housing set up. They are very helpful.
Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

For OOS students who interviewed here, any tips on what airport to fly into or transportation tips? I will not be able to rent a car and it seems like the two nearest airports are still 50-60 minutes away from the school. Also, any ideas on where to stay? :help:

For OOS students who interviewed here, any tips on what airport to fly into or transportation tips? I will not be able to rent a car and it seems like the two nearest airports are still 50-60 minutes away from the school. Also, any ideas on where to stay? :help:
there should be an air bnb you can rent right next to the school. I got it, it was $57 for one night, the people are super nice. It is also within walking distance of the school. It would be a 10-minute walk maybe. I suppose an uber from the airport would be your best bet or uber, but that's kind of expensive and might be difficult to get.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You are correct about the airports. If I might ask, why aren’t you able to rent a car? If it’s age, I’m pretty sure there can be exceptions made. I would call the car rentals at the airport, explain the situation, and see what they say. I stayed at the Microtel which is right down the road from the school. Maybe a 5-10 minute drive. If you cannot get a rental, I would use a taxi company as you can schedule rides with them but Uber/Lyft is also an option.

Reactions: 1 user
Merry Christmas, future classmates!

Reactions: 4 users
Anybody who interviewed 11/11 & still haven’t heard anything??? Getting so nervous

Submitted my primary 2 weeks ago and have not received a secondary yet. Is there any chance of receiving one at this point?

Does Campbell have a portal we can access or is everything strictly email based.

Happy New Year everyone! Has anybody who interviewed on 12/16 heard back yet?

Has anyone from December heard back? Has anyone, in general, called the school to find out what their status was after the interview? They told my group 3-4 weeks. It has been more than that, and nothing.

Has anyone from December heard back? Has anyone, in general, called the school to find out what their status was after the interview? They told my group 3-4 weeks. It has been more than that, and nothing.
Interviewed December, they said the same thing, I have not called back. We might have even been in the same group.

New Year, New CUSOM. They must have left some of us 11/18 interviewees in 2019 because it's dead quiet.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL! They must be choosing from all the applicants they interviewed through Nov-Dec. Has anyone called them to see when we may hear back? I haven't seen too many people call, so I am not sure how that is perceived.

Current students - how do people dress for class (more casual, more professional)? Are black sneakers appropriate for everyday wear as well as OSCEs?

LOL! They must be choosing from all the applicants they interviewed through Nov-Dec. Has anyone called them to see when we may hear back? I haven't seen too many people call, so I am not sure how that is perceived.

I called them the week before Christmas... Interviewed on 12/4. On interview day they told us we’d hear a decision in about 4 weeks, but when I called they said it could be between 1/6 and 1/15. With the office closed for the holidays and faculty taking vacation they weren’t able to schedule a committee meeting until late last week, if I remember correctly. I am expecting that it could go beyond 1/15 considering how many interviews they completed in November and December. Good luck everyone!

I called them the week before Christmas... Interviewed on 12/4. On interview day they told us we’d hear a decision in about 4 weeks, but when I called they said it could be between 1/6 and 1/15. With the office closed for the holidays and faculty taking vacation they weren’t able to schedule a committee meeting until late last week, if I remember correctly. I am expecting that it could go beyond 1/15 considering how many interviews they completed in November and December. Good luck everyone!

Thank you for letting me know. I figured it would be something like this. Also, we interviewed together! Good luck to you and everyone else!

Current students - how do people dress for class (more casual, more professional)? Are black sneakers appropriate for everyday wear as well as OSCEs?
The dress code is business professional, but khakis are allowed in place of dress pants. You have to wear dress shoes for lectures and OSCEs; sneakers are allowed for OMM and anatomy lab.

Hi, are they done with interviews this year?

That’s good to know, but stressful. Thank you for passing along the info! My deposit for my other top choice is due the 13th. Since I was deciding between both of the schools, the deposit is going to be my decision maker I suppose.

Goodluck to everyone! (Interviewed 12/9)

Are any of you from the west coast and have interviewed here? I've heard it's a great school and i'm excited to attend the interview but just not really familiar with the area yet. Is it a pretty quiet area or is there a fair amount of activities to do around? Thanks for the help!

Are any of you from the west coast and have interviewed here? I've heard it's a great school and i'm excited to attend the interview but just not really familiar with the area yet. Is it a pretty quiet area or is there a fair amount of activities to do around? Thanks for the help!
The actual city the medical school is in is a small, rural town. With that being said, Raleigh and Fayetteville are a 45 minute drive away. I was accepted and plan on living in a city called Fuquay which is closer to Raleigh. I’m doing this because my SO will be coming to school with me, she is a teacher, and there are more teaching opportunities in Raleigh than in Lillington. I think the commute is about 25 minutes from Fuquay to the school. The cost of living in Lillington is much cheaper than Fuquay.

Pro tip: whenever you want to assess the cost-of-living of a city/area, use the military’s BAH calculator online. It gives you an estimated cost of living per month.

Reactions: 2 users
That’s good to know, but stressful. Thank you for passing along the info! My deposit for my other top choice is due the 13th. Since I was deciding between both of the schools, the deposit is going to be my decision maker I suppose.

Goodluck to everyone! (Interviewed 12/9)

Congrats on your acceptance! I hope we hear back before then, that way you can make a decision and not have it made for you. Did you interview the same day as me? You could try calling and say they thought about four weeks for a decision and you were checking to see if that was still the case. If you do please update us! good luck!

II today. Been complete for four months, so I really didn't think this would come!

Is there a portal we can check or do they let us know by email?

Interviewed 12/16 and havent heard

Has anyone here been recently accepted with a 500 MCAT or less?

Hey guys!

Do you know if January interviews are considered for the waitlist? Or does the fact they have interviews scheduled all the way through march give us hope? I know they had a deadline for deposits in December so I wonder if that opened some spots up?

Thanks!

Hey guys!

Do you know if January interviews are considered for the waitlist? Or does the fact they have interviews scheduled all the way through march give us hope? I know they had a deadline for deposits in December so I wonder if that opened some spots up?

Thanks!

I think it just depends on how many students they’ve already accepted. I have a friend who is a current third year who interviewed in late January for a spot on the waitlist. However, it could be different this year. If you’re scheduled to interview they’ll let you know on interview whether or not it’s for the waitlist.

Received my II yesterday and scheduled for Feb 11. Secondary was complete on 8/14 and application was considered complete on 9/4.

For accepted students, one of the matriculation information pages says to make sure we have our campbell emails activated? Is that something we have access to?

For accepted students, one of the matriculation information pages says to make sure we have our campbell emails activated? Is that something we have access to?
Yes. I activated mine today. There are no important emails in the inbox yet

Does anyone know when our vaccination/immunization/CPR records are due? I've seen an email giving one due date and the matriculation page providing another date (any time before matriculation).

Does anyone know when our vaccination/immunization/CPR records are due? I've seen an email giving one due date and the matriculation page providing another date (any time before matriculation).
I’m getting them done before the email with the due date. Mine is due in March.

I have decided to accept my seat! I’m so excited to meet everyone!

For anyone who is wondering:

- Complete 9/26
- II 9/27
- interview 11/5
- accepted 12/17
- Stats in sig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received an email from an IT guy from Campbell and he gave me my username and password info
Did you email them about it or they just emailed you with the info about your email account?