2019-2020 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they send any verification email for all documents received? - also, those who got an interview, when were you verified?

Members don't see this ad.

How spread out are the interview dates from the date you got the invitation email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you have to submit your CASPer at the time as your secondary application?

Does anyone know if you have to submit your CASPer at the time as your secondary application?

The deadline is only for the supplemental app. Payment and Casper scores can be sent in at any time

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got admissions decision today for 9/16 interview. Waitlisted :/

This has definitely been the quietest forum I follow. Has anyone heard back from the school or can speak on the interview process at all?
Same here, I submitted my secondary 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed here last week. They’ve had 2 interview sessions so far. From my understanding, applications are reviewed in pretty chronological order. I submitted my secondary on 8/2 and got II couple weeks ago. I hope this timeline helps

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed here recently and honestly it wasn't my favorite interview experience. I understand they're going through growing pains of starting a new school, but the day seemed disorganized. It looked like even on the interview day they were figuring out some things. The administration tries selling you on the idea of being the pioneers of the inaugural class and being the trendsetters, but it screamed guinea pig experimentation to me. I think this school will be okay in the years to come, but being part of the first few classes is a legitimate worry. I can see this school being appealing if it is your only interview/acceptance or if you really want to stay in the valley due to family/SO.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on the 19th. It was not a bad experience. Acceptance call 10/1 at 10:30 am.

Reactions: 5 users
interviewed here last week. They’ve had 2 interview sessions so far. From my understanding, applications are reviewed in pretty chronological order. I submitted my secondary on 8/2 and got II couple weeks ago. I hope this timeline helps
Stats?

I did not think it was a bad experience. We show up, everyone was super nice. Muffins and coffee were offered and everyone introduced themselves as well as spoke about the school and what they have to offer. Interviews, then a VR presentation that we would use for anatomy and physiology. More presentations. Lunch, they sat with us and answered any questions we had about the school. It was low stress.

Anyone know if the GPA cut off a strict cut off? Do they take SMP into consideration?

Interview invite just now! Don’t think I am going to accept it though so hopefully someone else gets my spot!

Does anyone know if the school accepts international students?

Recieved an II this morning- thought it was strange though because I clicked on the link right away and there were 3 options available but one of the dates was already full and the other date had 1 spot left... so essentially the only date that was available for me to choose is one week from today. I think that is very quick turn around. And now I am nervous since there are not a ton of positive remarks. But taking everything with a grain of salt.

Recieved an II this morning- thought it was strange though because I clicked on the link right away and there were 3 options available but one of the dates was already full and the other date had 1 spot left... so essentially the only date that was available for me to choose is one week from today. I think that is very quick turn around. And now I am nervous since there are not a ton of positive remarks. But taking everything with a grain of salt.
Seems like someone who was scheduled for an interview canceled it and they wanted to find a replacement. If not, then that is a very questionable turnaround lol

May I ask when you turned in your secondary? I haven't heard anything since submitting.

May I ask when you turned in your secondary? I haven't heard anything since submitting.
I haven't heard either!! It's been almost 8 weeks. When I emailed they kind of just directed me to their website if I have any questions...

I haven't heard either!! It's been almost 8 weeks. When I emailed they kind of just directed me to their website if I have any questions...
I submitted my secondary July 27th, and just heard back last week. It can take them a bit, I wouldn't worry too much.

I believe I submitted my secondary August 2 or somewhere around then.. I’m not home to check my spreadsheet

I believe I submitted my secondary August 2 or somewhere around then.. I’m not home to check my spreadsheet
Thanks! I submitted my secondary later in August so I guess there's still a glimmer of hope for me

I called the school and they seemed pretty adamant that they do not do silent rejections; they just have not gotten to review all the applications yet. I was complete in August and haven't heard anything (no preii hold) so I'm guessing it's not done chronologically

Does anyone know what type of interview it is? MMI/Traditional?

Last edited:
Would definitely appreciate completion dates for those that get interview invites.