2019-2020 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off of the waitlist today, as well. IS, interviewed 2/24.
Congratulations!! How long are they giving you to make a decision, if you care to share that?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance this afternoon, I hope it goes to someone here :) good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
I just got an interview acceptance today?

I received an email about a virtual interview, and I have a lot of mixed feelings right now.

Weird because I was rejected from them earlier this cycle, and that the new cycle has already started, but pretty cool regardless. Emailed them to verify if it's legit or not, and waiting on their response.

EDIT: It's legit! Now I have to interview prep in addition to working on my 2020-2021 app, AND studying to retake my June 20 MCAT :eek:

Reactions: 7 users
I just got an interview acceptance today?

I received an email about a virtual interview, and I have a lot of mixed feelings right now.

Weird because I was rejected from them earlier this cycle, and that the new cycle has already started, but pretty cool regardless. Emailed them to verify if it's legit or not, and waiting on their response.

EDIT: It's legit! Now I have to interview prep in addition to working on my 2020-2021 app, AND studying to retake my June 20 MCAT :eek:
That’s awesome! Congratulations and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed in November and was waitlisted. Was taken off the waitlist a couple weeks ago, however I decided to go somewhere else. I let them know today so I hope it goes to one of you

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!! Interviewed on 6/2

Reactions: 5 users
Just got off the waitlist! I'm currently deciding between this and another school. Does this school have mandatory lectures? Are the lectures video recorded? Is the grading system p/f or letter grade? I can't remember much from my interview.
Mandatory lecture and attending, no recording, Letter grading

• Hmm
Just got accepted off the wl!

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrawing my a, hope it goes to one of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A earlier this week. Hope it goes to one of you great applicants!

They are in-person but the classroom is large enough such that people can social distance responsibly

Finally got the call but all settled into another school. Best of luck to everyone! Hope it goes to one of you!

Hi, I am applying to this school this year and wanted to know what their average MCAT seems to be since there's no stats on their website or anywhere else? Anyone below 504 had any luck?

Hi, I am applying to this school this year and wanted to know what their average MCAT seems to be since there's no stats on their website or anywhere else? Anyone below 504 had any luck?

I believe they said the averages for the inaugural class were 3.5/507

Hello. To the people that interviewed last year (2019-2020). Did the PDF that they sent you beforehand with the interview information say that the interview would be "traditional" and asking mostly about our secondary responses or did it warn that it would be 2 on 1 and like this one-sided questioning format

Hello. To the people that interviewed last year (2019-2020). Did the PDF that they sent you beforehand with the interview information say that the interview would be "traditional" and asking mostly about our secondary responses or did it warn that it would be 2 on 1 and like this one-sided questioning format
It said it would be traditional with two faculty members that may ask you to build on your secondary responses. They didn’t warn us about the time limit and that it would be preset questions that every interviewee would be asked until the interview day.

They will have quite a few hospitals, all within an hour of the campus where students will be doing rotations. They have actually partnered with an already established DO school to allow that schools’s 3rd and 4th year students to rotate at the hospitals we will be at once we get to that point. They will serve as a resource for the inaugural class as somewhat of “upper classmen” in a sense. The school is state of the art and they work actively to continue to build relationships with hospitals in the community. Their desire to bring physicians to the central area of California was the main reason I applied here since I grew up in California. I can say that I interviewed at 8 schools, was accepted to 5, and this is where I will be going. After talking with staff and really understanding the schools mission, it was the perfect fit for me. Loved their layout for the curriculum and the teachers and staff will really be involved with our success since the class is so small. Trust me, they want you to succeed as much as you do. The inaugural class will have to set a standard that everyone will be looking at. As for financial aid, yes it will be private loans but after researching it, I’ll be able to get a lower interest rate and they offer deferment through residency. Additionally, they hope to be able to offer financial aid in 2 years once the school becomes more established (this was recently done with their pharmacy school). I encourage you to attend your interview and check it out. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at just how much this school has to offer, even with being a new school. I’m over the moon excited to be going here in July.

Hi I was accepted to class of 2025. Can I PM you to ask you questions about the TBL and the school in general?

I received a bag with this schools name on it at a conference awhile ago.

I've used it to for groceries, it hasn't let me down yet.

i actually do not know how to send PM's haha. If i may ask, how has the TBL been for you so far.
I have actually enjoyed it more than I ever thought I would. I think it holds you accountable in the sense that you don’t want to show up to your TBL group and be the one person that didn’t read the material lol. I think the best part of it is hearing from and discussing with your peers. Listening to their point of view and understanding their thought process really broadens a student’s perspective. I can’t even begin to explain how incredible it’s been to learn in such a unique way. I can honestly say I’ve become a much stronger student because of it.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there no recordings for lecture?
We have TBLs (Team based learning class) so there wouldn’t be anything to record. However, they do upload our pre-readings and Panapto recordings online.

We have TBLs (Team based learning class) so there wouldn’t be anything to record. However, they do upload our pre-readings and Panapto recordings online.
Could you discuss what are panapto recordings?

Congrats!!!!!

Waitlisted. IS with ties to central valley, if anyone is curious. PM me if anyone wants stats
Hi! I'm a current applicant and just got WL post-II at CHSU-COM. Any chance I can DM you or reach out with questions please? Thanks!