2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received and submitted this morning!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how strict they are with the letter of recommendation requirements? I emailed admissions but I still have not received an answer.

I answered the two differently, as in "what am I going to be doing during the 2019-2020 year" and "what have I been doing since undergrad". For some people, those might cover the same activities, but for me, the latter has a lot more.

Ah, that makes sense! For me, the response would be the same so I'm wondering what to do

Ah, that makes sense! For me, the response would be the same so I'm wondering what to do

In that case, I'd keep the answer to the first very short "i'll be continuing to do X,Y,Z, until med school matriculation". Put the detail into essay about what you've already done, since you have more experience in the past than in the future ;)

In that case, I'd keep the answer to the first very short "i'll be continuing to do X,Y,Z, until med school matriculation". Put the detail into essay about what you've already done, since you have more experience in the past than in the future ;)

I hadn’t thought about it like that, thanks!!

I called them today with a specific question like this and they were pretty helpful, I'd give them a call to make sure

Finally received a secondary! (2nd to last one lol)
OOS, MD only, verified 6/17

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone else receive an email that their MSTP application was no longer in consideration and to indicate an alternate program? I'm still working on my secondary that I got late last week and I didn't know that they would make a decision on the MSTP before even submitting the secondary. strange situation lol.

• Wow
did anyone else receive an email that their MSTP application was no longer in consideration and to indicate an alternate program? I'm still working on my secondary that I got late last week and I didn't know that they would make a decision on the MSTP before even submitting the secondary. strange situation lol.

Reread the email! I thought it said that too LOL. It's just asking IF after preliminary review you aren't selected, do you want to be considered for other programs.

Are you sure that’s what it said? I received an email asking *IF* I were no longer in consideration for MSTP, would I prefer to have my application considered for MD-only or PhD-only

Reactions: 1 users
Are you sure that’s what it said? I received an email asking *IF* I were no longer in consideration for MSTP, would I prefer to have my application considered for MD-only or PhD-only
oh shoot you're right, lol. i just woke up, saw the email and kinda freaked out through half-shut eyes. thanks!

Reread the email! I thought it said that too LOL. It's just asking IF after preliminary review you aren't selected, do you want to be considered for other programs.
phew, thanks for the heads up!

Hey I'm a nontrad as well, how long was your answer for the "I have taken at least a year off after undergrad..." question?

Sorry, I don't know why I didn't see this until now. Apologies for the delay in responding.

I gave a really brief rundown of when I graduated, my former career, why I left that industry, the timeline of starting my post-bac, and the ECs I did during post-bac. Most items had been covered elsewhere in my application so I kept it pretty straightforward and concise.

I submitted 7/10 so when should I expect to get an email saying I am complete? There is no way to check your status through the portal.

Anyone know what the course requirements are? The website says "Premedical coursework should include laboratory-based courses in which applicants learn to collect data, analyze it and draw scientifically rigorous conclusions." but they dont say how many.. specifically im missing orgo lab right now and im not sure if they require that.

Also, do you think any hospital in the Montefiore health system would qualify for the "Have you ever volunteered at Einstein/Montefiore in one of our clinical areas" question?

Does anyone know if saying we would like to be considered for MD only will hurt our MSTP application?

I submitted my secondary but didn't receive a confirmation email or receipt or anything? Anyone else experience the same thing?

Anyone else having trouble with the secondary link? I was able to open it the other day, but now it says the page can't be reached.

I just completed the application. When I hit submit, the page stayed in a "loading" frame for five minutes. I hit "back" and lost the entire thing. Thankfully, all but one of my responses are saved in a word doc.

It seems like a pretty big oversight not to include a save button. -_-
this is happening to me too :'(

I just completed the application. When I hit submit, the page stayed in a "loading" frame for five minutes. I hit "back" and lost the entire thing. Thankfully, all but one of my responses are saved in a word doc.

It seems like a pretty big oversight not to include a save button. -_-

Damn... I love how they have a nice and simple secondary, but my word is their interface flawed

So text boxes open up when you answer yes to any of the questions. What should I put for the question regarding W grades? List the courses that I got W’s in? No explanation needed?

Verified 7/18/19
Secondary recieved 7/19/19
Secondary submitted 7/19/19
Now time to wait until my committee letter shows up in AMCAS

I received the secondary email yesterday but it’s taking me to the applicant gateway where I can only upload a picture? Anyone know how to get to the actual secondary? Thank you!

I received the secondary email yesterday but it’s taking me to the applicant gateway where I can only upload a picture? Anyone know how to get to the actual secondary? Thank you!
They shouldve sent you 2 emails. one for the photo and the other for the secondary. also if you go to the secondary homepage and scroll down, there should be a "Complete secondary" button below or above the submit file button for the picture

So text boxes open up when you answer yes to any of the questions. What should I put for the question regarding W grades? List the courses that I got W’s in? No explanation needed?

I think you have to explain why you got a W

I think you have to explain why you got a W

Meh, I submitted and only listed the courses that I got W's in. I did explain reasons for my upward trend in the "additional comments "section. We'll see how this turns out

I called Einstein's admissions office and spoke to a lovely rep for clarification on this policy (she truly was one of the nicest/most helpful people I've spoken to in a long time). She said that, if nobody from your post-bac institution talked about your good standing at your ORIGINAL undergraduate institution in their LORs, you need to get that letter of good standing from your ORIGINAL undergrad, not the post-bac school. Guess they want to make sure you weren't a total lunatic in your youth :angelic:

I already checked with my OG UG, and they said this is actually a somewhat common request, and that it's easy to write something like this if you sign a FERPA release.

FYI, the department that provides this letter at my school is the Office of Student Affairs, not a dean or the registrar. You might get bounced around to a few places. I literally had to read the Einstein website to the person at the registrar before she knew where to transfer me.

first of all thanks so much for calling and clarifying! is this something that once you get you upload into AMCAS? As if it were a regular letter but from my school? Or is it something that I can send straight to Einstein. I feel like this is so unnecessary honestly... but I'll stop complaining and just do it lol

for any of you who went to multiple colleges, did you keep it short? Like one sentence? I'm thinking about "I went to Y and Z for my lower divisoin coursework, then transferred to Z for my upper divisoin and BA degree."

for any of you who went to multiple colleges, did you keep it short? Like one sentence? I'm thinking about "I went to Y and Z for my lower divisoin coursework, then transferred to Z for my upper divisoin and BA degree."
Basically something along the lines of “I went to X community college for A degree, and upon completion transferred to Y university to pursue a degree in B.”

I keep filling out my form in its entirety, but the submit button won't light up and let me turn it in. Has anyone else had this problem?

I keep filling out my form in its entirety, but the submit button won't light up and let me turn it in. Has anyone else had this problem?
Did you put "NA" in all empty text boxes?

Does anyone know how I should list a letter packet from my premed office for the letters of recommendation question? It's technically not a committee letter, so I imagine I should chose the individual letters/none of the above option. I'm just not sure where I would explain this or if I even have to.

Does anyone know how I should list a letter packet from my premed office for the letters of recommendation question? It's technically not a committee letter, so I imagine I should chose the individual letters/none of the above option. I'm just not sure where I would explain this or if I even have to.

I have a letter packet as well
And listed none of the above

Does it feel appropriate to talk about experiences working in The Bronx for the "Anything Else to Share" essay?