2019-2020 Albert Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received, OOS md/phd

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received, OOS md/phd
+1. They give 3000 characters for all of these questions, should we be using even a significant portion of that? I'd think just a few sentences explaining why I have a W, for example, would suffice. Not sure tho.

Is anyone still waiting? I'm getting kinda nervous....

Do they prescreen?

Reactions: 3 users
Doubt they prescreen. I havent gotten it and im applying with a 3.8+ and 521 mcat.

Reactions: 2 users
Am I the only one that had a lot of trouble with their portal? When typing information in, it seemed like my cursor would sometimes jump around on its own. Never seen something like that before. Also, there's no way to save intermittently so when I accidentally hit the back button on my mouse, it deleted everything I'd already done.

Am I the only one that had a lot of trouble with their portal? When typing information in, it seemed like my cursor would sometimes jump around on its own. Never seen something like that before. Also, there's no way to save intermittently so when I accidentally hit the back button on my mouse, it deleted everything I'd already done.

I feel your pain. Its done, but it hurt (the lack of intermittent saving especially!).

Members don't see this ad :)
How are we supposed to answer the following, since they seem like the same question as I am doing the same work?
  1. I have taken off at least a year since college graduation (3000 characters)
  2. I plan to take time off from school this year while I apply to medical school (3000 characters).
If you have graduated before this year, the first question applies. If you just graduated the second question applies.

Did anyone else not receive a confirmation email after submitting the secondary?

Still waiting. I was verified a few days before schools received primaries. Anybody else in the same boat?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
For the question about listing presentations for MSTP applicants, would it be ok for me to list posters that I was co-authored on, but didn't present because I couldn't attend the conference?

I called they said they are emailing secondaries in the order they were received...confused though because I was verified the first day. They said they don’t screen though.

Reactions: 1 users
I called they said they are emailing secondaries in the order they were received...confused though because I was verified the first day. They said they don’t screen though.
same, I submitted AMCAS 6/1 and haven't received one

same, I submitted AMCAS 6/1 and haven't received one
Maybe they are also sending them out based on when LOR were received? I was verified 6/27 but my LOR were uploaded until 7/5 so it's not like they didn't have my primary the first day

Maybe they are also sending them out based on when LOR were received? I was verified 6/27 but my LOR were uploaded until 7/5 so it's not like they didn't have my primary the first day
I was totally complete at time apps were sent out. Still haven’t received one.

Still no secondary anyone? Was verified 6/20

Reactions: 3 users
If you have graduated before this year, the first question applies. If you just graduated the second question applies.
I graduated a few years ago, but from the way they phrased the latter part of the second question, it sounds like it applies to me too?

I plan to take time off from school this year while I apply to medical school. (Answer “yes” if you are not a full-time student this year.)

secondary received this AM and submitted

I graduated a few years ago, but from the way they phrased the latter part of the second question, it sounds like it applies to me too?

I plan to take time off from school this year while I apply to medical school. (Answer “yes” if you are not a full-time student this year.)

Agreed that this is strange given this question as well "I have taken at least a year off from school since college graduation."

I graduated last year but am taking 2 gap years so given their wording, I would answer yes to both question but my explanation would be the same. Not sure if they want me to copy-paste the same response

Agreed that this is strange given this question as well "I have taken at least a year off from school since college graduation."

I graduated last year but am taking 2 gap years so given their wording, I would answer yes to both question but my explanation would be the same. Not sure if they want me to copy-paste the same response
Yeah, I'm having the same dilemma. I emailed them this morning, so I'll keep you posted on what they say!

This is how I see it: first question is asking, “what did you do in the gap year after you graduated,” second is asking, “what are you doing in the upcoming year while you apply to school.” You might be doing the same stuff so if that’s the case just quickly explain that you’ll be continuing with whatever you were doing. If not than say what’s coming up!

Why Einstein or Diversity for this anything else question? I feel like diversity fits better but idk

Yeah, I'm having the same dilemma. I emailed them this morning, so I'll keep you posted on what they say!

I answered the two differently, as in "what am I going to be doing during the 2019-2020 year" and "what have I been doing since undergrad". For some people, those might cover the same activities, but for me, the latter has a lot more.

Why Einstein or Diversity for this anything else question? I feel like diversity fits better but idk
wondering this as well. Anyone write anything for this essay?

should we explain grade trends in the "anything else" section? or might that better fit in the explanation for W grades? Also would like to know if we should talk about diversity in the anything else section