2018-2019 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewing is coming to a close. Alternate list will move quite a bit as interviews at other schools fill up and students decide where they want to go. If you are interested, you can contact admissions at any time, they are great about keeping prospective students up to date.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
March 15th was the last interview day. They are done interviewing for the cycle.

How is wvsom with meeting people? I’m going to be 23 going into the upcoming year and I’m hoping there will be a decent amount of people my age going there..

How is wvsom with meeting people? I’m going to be 23 going into the upcoming year and I’m hoping there will be a decent amount of people my age going there..
You won't have any problem at all. Most people are in their 20's

I think a lot of us will hear on Tuesday since the admissions team meets on tuesdays, if I remember correctly from an older post. Hoping for the best

Reactions: 1 users
I think a lot of us will hear on Tuesday since the admissions team meets on tuesdays, if I remember correctly from an older post. Hoping for the best
ahhhh today is the day! (maybe)

I just got accepted into my first choice and will be declining my seat that I just finished the deposit on a few days ago. I'm hoping it goes to one of you guys

Reactions: 4 users
I just got accepted into my first choice and will be declining my seat that I just finished the deposit on a few days ago. I'm hoping it goes to one of you guys

Gotta love those non-refundable $3k deposits, right? Congratulations on your acceptances!

ahhhh today is the day! (maybe)
Yeah I was hoping too but it could be another day, last year on today was the day that a lot of people heard back, but I think a previous year heard on the first week of April

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats, stats? when did u interview?
thank you!! I interviewed 1/24
I had a 3.5 undergrad GPA, but a 4.0 in my medical master's program so far and a 502 MCAT + a lot of volunteer and extra-cirriculars!

I had a 3.5 undergrad GPA, but a 4.0 in my medical master's program so far and a 502 MCAT + a lot of volunteer and extra-cirriculars!

Nice, I have a 501 with a 3.45/3.85 with lots of ec also. Hope i hear back too! I interviewed pretty late lol. Again, congrats and ty for the reply

Congrats and best of luck at WVSOM! Just curious, did they give you a call or did you check your portal??

Gotta love those non-refundable $3k deposits, right? Congratulations on your acceptances!

Thanks so much haha. It was really the most painful part. I knew MSU said they would tell people around the time the 2nd deposit was due. I was hoping they would do it before that but couldn't take the risk and not pay for my seat.

Did anyone write a letter of interest or intent that got pulled off the waitlist?

I interviewed end of January. 25th I believe. And I have a low 500 MCAT and a GPA in the 3.6-3.8 range. About 120 shadowing hours 40 internship in ER and a med related job for 5 years.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed end of January. 25th I believe. And I have a low 500 MCAT and a GPA in the 3.6-3.8 range. About 120 shadowing hours 40 internship in ER and a med related job for 5 years.
Congrats! It seems like they are going in order? I interviewed 2/11 and my stats are similar at 497 and 3.91. I have good EC's but nothing compared to 5 years in the health field haha, im really glad you got in though! Hoping for the best!

Congrats! It seems like they are going in order? I interviewed 2/11 and my stats are similar at 497 and 3.91. I have good EC's but nothing compared to 5 years in the health field haha, im really glad you got in though! Hoping for the best!
Good luck to you! Not 100% sure if I'm taking the seat yet, so more movement is possible!

JUST GOT ACCEPTED FROM WAITLIST! Woo!! Interview date: 1/31

Reactions: 3 users
Damn y'all have relatively similar stats as I do too. I just got waitlisted today so I'm hopin to get a call soon as well.

Anyone here still on the alternate list from the 1/28 interview as well ??

I'm still on the WL and interviewed 1/31.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they'll post the match list for this year?

Admissions committee is still going through the wait list and said they will try finding me a seat for this cycle but they also said if they can't then they offered me a seat for class of 2024. Is this a differed acceptance?

Last edited:
Admissions committee is still going through the wait list and said they will try finding me a seat for this cycle but they also said if they can't then they offered me a seat for class of 2024. Is this a differed acceptance?

Got the same message. ... really don't want to wait another year, but it was a nice email and good to know yo won't have to go through the process next year

Got the same message. ... really don't want to wait another year, but it was a nice email and good to know yo won't have to go through the process next year
lets pray that they find at least one of us a seat, if not, see you next year!

Did you send them some sort of email? Or did they just send that to you? I did not receive this email, does that mean my chances are zero?

Email and idk
So you didnt send them anything post-interview? Should I send them some sort of letter of interest or intent? I have heard these things are not that helpful so im cautious about it.

Did you send them some sort of email? Or did they just send that to you? I did not receive this email, does that mean my chances are zero?
Me neither. Should I contact them? or just wait for?.... hope it's a good sign.

Did you call them and ask?

I believe there was a ton of movement on 3/19. That's when I was pulled off the alternate list-- Interviewed in march.

Last edited:
My portal has completely changed to multiple things like "application for standardized patient program" and "comlex prep", what does this mean? What does accepted applicants portals change to?