2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And the inevitable finally happened: R, pre-II

LM72, mid-August completion. Best of luck to everyone else. See ya'll on the other side as physicians/physicians-in-training.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Just got that R...and I’m an alumni. Oh well, good luck everyone!

And the inevitable finally happened: R, pre-II

LM72, mid-August completion. Best of luck to everyone else. See ya'll on the other side as physicians/physicians-in-training.
Same here. LM 74.5, mid-Nov completion

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone still hoping to get an interview or for sure interviewing, I had a great interview experience but it was in no means just a chill conversation. Be ready for them to dive into any perceived academic flaw (I retook the MCAT, had a bad grade in a class freshman year) and question it. I was even asked if I thought my MCAT score was good! Faculty interviewer is the one who asked about those things but he was great and if you’re honest and have since reflected on your perceived “failures” it will flow in the conversation, and they will move on. Don’t get caught off guard because they know your application better than you do! Student interviewer kind of sucked, a 4th year who had one expression on his face the whole time, seemed more nervous than I was, and didn’t respond to what I said. This would be the case in which you have to take charge of the interview and watch the rambling, sometimes I would forget what the question even was mid-ramble. Take a water bottle with you in the interview room. Hope this helps anyone still going to interview!

Reactions: 6 users
For anyone still hoping to get an interview or for sure interviewing, I had a great interview experience but it was in no means just a chill conversation. Be ready for them to dive into any perceived academic flaw (I retook the MCAT, had a bad grade in a class freshman year) and question it. I was even asked if I thought my MCAT score was good! Faculty interviewer is the one who asked about those things but he was great and if you’re honest and have since reflected on your perceived “failures” it will flow in the conversation, and they will move on. Don’t get caught off guard because they know your application better than you do! Student interviewer kind of sucked, a 4th year who had one expression on his face the whole time, seemed more nervous than I was, and didn’t respond to what I said. This would be the case in which you have to take charge of the interview and watch the rambling, sometimes I would forget what the question even was mid-ramble. Take a water bottle with you in the interview room. Hope this helps anyone still going to interview!
Wow I interviewed recently and I had a great experience with my interviewers, they were both super chill and really into my app.

How long after the most recent committee meeting did they release decisions? They told us at my interview day when the committee meeting would be (Feb 12) and that decisions would come out soon after.

So does anyone know when their committee meeting was, and when their decision came out?

How long after the most recent committee meeting did they release decisions? They told us at my interview day when the committee meeting would be (Feb 12) and that decisions would come out soon after.

So does anyone know when their committee meeting was, and when their decision came out?

I did some crazy student doc stalk and assuming the fact they always meet on Tuesdays, someone posted on here on a Thursday saying they got an acceptance call and then another few the following week. SO, it could be as soon as the day after or as late as a week or two later.

Members don't see this ad :)

What day did you interview?

Do you think they’ll be getting back to any deferred applicants after tomorrow’s meeting?

I got the call two days after the committee meeting following my interview. Total wait time between interview and decision: 2 weeks

Reactions: 3 users
For Maine Track applicants: what was the MMI like? Is it intense/one where you need to take notes? Or more of a conversation about the prompts?

Welp the committee has officially met and selected the chosen ones, hopefully good news for all of us before the end of this week!

Reactions: 4 users
For Maine Track applicants: what was the MMI like? Is it intense/one where you need to take notes? Or more of a conversation about the prompts?

It was more relaxed than my other MMIs. They do a combo MMI and short (around 15-20 min) traditional one on one interviews. No notes, p chill.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from MD/MPH land? I just submit my mph application and was wondering how long the turn around time normally is

Silence? Maybe they canceled the meeting because of the snow on Tuesday

Has anyone heard from MD/MPH land? I just submit my mph application and was wondering how long the turn around time normally is
Me! Interviewed 10/25, got the MD acceptance 11/20, and the MD/MPH acceptance came 12/10. n=1, but it might take a couple weeks or so to get that decision to you!

Accepted to MD/MBA program today. Applied in December. If I accept the offer, I will have to relinquish MD Traditional seat. I am not a 100% certain that I want an MBA, because I do not know if I will benefit from it now as opposed to 20 years down the line when I think I will be putting the skills to use.

Can someone please offer me some advice? Tufts MD/MBA is SUPER expensive and from my understanding the business school is unranked and because it isn't a top tier business school, then getting an MBA from it will be pointless. My understanding of business school/ranking is base on SDN and Reddit (Ik not very credible, but still).

Any honest and thoughtful answers will be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I think it really depends on what your career goals are. If you want to be the president of a hospital then I think it is worth it. If you don't, then there's no need right now. You can always do it later or take some business school classes to learn material you're interested in.

They told me decisions would come out 2-3 weeks after Feb 12th. Said they would call if we got in and would email if not.

They told me decisions would come out 2-3 weeks after Feb 12th. Said they would call if we got in and would email if not.
2-3 weeks? I thought I was told the week of the 12th or the week after but I could have misheard

Unreasonable that it would take 2-3 weeks for them to call or send an email.

Reactions: 3 users
got the call earlier this morning! interviewed late January

i really hope they start giving answers to deferred decision applicants. i don't think anyone on this forum has gotten an answer following deferral throughout the entire interview season, and they have been interviewing since September. if the decision essentially means a waitlist, atleast tell applicants that many end up on the waitlist or something or that many of the decisions do not come out until late spring

i really hope they start giving answers to deferred decision applicants. i don't think anyone on this forum has gotten an answer following deferral throughout the entire interview season, and they have been interviewing since September. if the decision essentially means a waitlist, atleast tell applicants that many end up on the waitlist or something or that many of the decisions do not come out until late spring
Yeah... I remember during my interview they said that deferred applicants get discussed at every meeting but it doesn't seem so.

Yeah... I remember during my interview they said that deferred applicants get discussed at every meeting but it doesn't seem so.
and the email makes it sound like you can hear at any time...its unfortunate. lets hope some decisions come soon

On last year's thread, there were a few deferred applicants that received decisions after this committee meeting. I'm hoping that's the case this year as well.

Anyone who interviewed feb 5th get a call or email??

also got a call (around 11am)! Jan 24th interview

At my interview, they said that deferred interview decisions start to come out after the next ad com meeting in mid March. The formal waitlist isn’t started until May.

At my interview, they said that deferred interview decisions start to come out after the next ad com meeting in mid March. The formal waitlist isn’t started until May.
Thanks. When did you interview? Recently?

I wish they told us this back in September....

Thanks. When did you interview? Recently?

I wish they told us this back in September....

Yep I interviewed this month! They gave us this timeline because our decisions won’t come out until after the meeting in March, so it’s unlikely that we’ll be deferred since that’s when they start making deferred decisions.