2018-2019 Touro University (Vallejo, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
2' received today

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my secondary today!

Does anyone have any stats or info about how many people get secondaries compared to how many people get II?

got the email saying my application was complete today!

Would anyone be willing to share the secondary prompt?

Would anyone be willing to share the secondary prompt?

There are a few demographic q's, a section where it asks you to list work and volunteer experience, and then:

Why have you chosen to apply to the TUC College of Osteopathic Medicine? 250 wds

Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class? 250 wds

Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities. 500 wds

Please describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine’s uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine. 500 wds

Submitted mine today, a bit of a beast

Reactions: 1 users
There are a few demographic q's, a section where it asks you to list work and volunteer experience, and then:

Why have you chosen to apply to the TUC College of Osteopathic Medicine? 250 wds

Why should the Committee accept you into this year’s class? 250 wds

Please describe the personal characteristics you possess and the life experiences you have had that would contribute to your success at becoming an outstanding Osteopathic Physician. Please include information that will enable the Admissions Committee to understand your unique qualities. 500 wds

Please describe your exposure to and understanding of Osteopathic Medicine. Content may include your initial introduction to the profession, its history, use in medical practice today, or any other aspects that may highlight Osteopathic Medicine’s uniqueness and synergy with your envisioned future practice of medicine. 500 wds

Submitted mine today, a bit of a beast
Thank you!!! This is my top choice... just waiting for verification to get all the secondaries so I appreciate it

For the secondary question about employment are you guys describing the position or strictly answering their question? Same with the questions that ask about awards and volunteer experiences.

Last edited:
submitted... hoping for love from this school! Good luck everyone this is quite a large secondary

How are people abbreviating their school? What is the correct way?

TUCOM? TUCCOM? Tuoro California? TU COM?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, just heard about this school and hoping to apply. Thank you for posting the prompts!

Does anyone know if the casper test is required for this school?

How are people abbreviating their school? What is the correct way?

TUCOM? TUCCOM? Tuoro California? TU COM?

I did TUCOM.... not sure they care much but that's the way a faculty member I know abbreviated so I went with it.

Did you guys write your responses to the secondary questions on the same document they gave us with the questions, or on a new document without the questions?

Did you guys write your responses to the secondary questions on the same document they gave us with the questions, or on a new document without the questions?

Just submitted mine on the same document.

Hoping for some guidance on this secondary question:

Are you a re-applicant who has previously interviewed? If yes, what was the result of that interview and what changes, if any, have you made which should affect a different outcome?

Is this question referring to having previously interviewed at TUCOM? Or previously interviewed at all? I interviewed at a different school last year, and I'm not sure if this what they're asking for.

Hoping for some guidance on this secondary question:

Are you a re-applicant who has previously interviewed? If yes, what was the result of that interview and what changes, if any, have you made which should affect a different outcome?

Is this question referring to having previously interviewed at TUCOM? Or previously interviewed at all? I interviewed at a different school last year, and I'm not sure if this what they're asking for.

I took it as at their school, I thought they could've been more specific with this question...

Does this school have mandatory attendance for lectures?

Edit: looks like it does.

Not going to submit my secondary anymore. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Does this school have mandatory attendance for lectures?

Edit: looks like it does.

Not going to submit my secondary anymore. Good luck everyone!

Unless something has changed for the class of 2023, there are no mandatory lectures. We have recorded lectures that can be streamed online, and as it is, very few people attend lecture.

Unless something has changed for the class of 2023, there are no mandatory lectures. We have recorded lectures that can be streamed online, and as it is, very few people attend lecture.
Weird. I read the student handbook and it said mandatory lectures.

Guess i'm back in the mix boys and girls.

Hey guys I'm having trouble submitting my letters of rec through Interfolio since I can't find TUC anywhere in their system. Can anyone help me with this?

Second year TUCOM student here, let me know if you guys have any questions

Do you know when was the first interview sent? Like around what time of the year
Most likely October- we still need to sort out details such as who's giving tours

How do you like living in Vallejo?
I like Mare Island, it's pretty nice area relative to the rest of Vallejo. I especially like how most places (i.e. SF, Sac) are about an hour away with Berkeley and Concord/Walnut Creek being about 30-45 minutes away.

Just got an II! My first one, so happy!!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!!!!!!! Do you mind sharing when you were complete/if the II was by email?
Thanks!! Got the complete email for my secondary July 10th, II was by email and if you have gmail the email went under the "promotions" tab for some reason so make sure to keep an eye on that

Thanks!! Got the complete email for my secondary July 10th, II was by email and if you have gmail the email went under the "promotions" tab for some reason so make sure to keep an eye on that

Oh good to know, thanks! I was complete 7/9 and super excited about this school so I'm going to be somewhat neurotic about checking my email now haha

Also, on a side note, this was probably one of the beastliest secondary I've encountered

Do you guys know if they would start looking at the Secondary App before the LOR are in?

Just received my first interview invite this season to Touro a few moments ago.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received my first interview invite this season to Touro a few moments ago.
Congratulations!!!!! Do you mind sharing when your were "complete"?

Does anyone know if all the touro U's (cali, nevada, ny) have different or same secondary prompts?

does touro california require casper before II?

Congratulations!!!!! Do you mind sharing when your were "complete"?

My primary app was finished on 7/23 which includes LOR and transcripts.

My secondary was complete on 8/10.

Hope that helps!

My primary app was finished on 7/23 which includes LOR and transcripts.

My secondary was complete on 8/10.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! I was complete 7/6 and still nothing... love this school so keeping my fingers crossed but it seems they "skipped" over me for the time being.

Is there another portal for this school to monitor our status or is it only the application profile?