2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get a confirmation after you submitted a request for your appointment? I need to book travel arrangements and I still have not received a confirmation so I am a bit worried.

It has to be manually approved by someone at TUN. I picked my date early in the morning and they approved it mid afternoon.

Maybe give them a call if your interview date is really soon?

Members don't see this ad.

can someone DM me the fb page pleaseeeee

Members don't see this ad :)
It has to be manually approved by someone at TUN. I picked my date early in the morning and they approved it mid afternoon.

Maybe give them a call if your interview date is really soon?
Thankfully soon after I posted the comment, I received a confirmation email. I will be interviewing on Monday in the afternoon session. Will you be there the same day as well? When I called admissions they said that they are still interviewing for open seats and not WL, but I wonder how much of their class is already full. That is my biggest worry with such late of an interview.

I’ll be there on the 25th afternoon.
Come say Hi :p

Just look for the nervous guy vibrating in his suit.

Are there any opportunities to do medical missions abroad?

Are there any opportunities to do medical missions abroad?
As someone who did it in undergrad, it's not worth it. Just use the money to go on vacation internationally. If you do the right thing, it's just shadowing that you could have done anywhere. You can do things that you have no business doing there like cleaning teeth after a 5 minute explanation, but I don't think that's ethical at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current students comment on breaks here? Looking at their calendar it doesn't really look like they have a break between semesters or a spring/fall break.

Can any current students comment on breaks here? Looking at their calendar it doesn't really look like they have a break between semesters or a spring/fall break.
There's a week off for spring, a week for finals, an unofficial week off for Christmas, 2 months for summer and any Jewish/national holidays.
Also ~2 months for dedicated boards prep over two years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed March 14th, accepted today! Would be appreciated if someone could DM me the CO'23 FB group link!

Can someone PM me the class of 2023 Facebook link, I didn’t get it in the acceptance email. Thanks!!

Good luck to everyone who interviewed on March 25th! I know I'm anxious to hear from them tomorrow

Do you know what dates were available?
April 16 with 8 seats in the afternoon, April 29 with 14 seats in the morning and 16 in the afternoon. No dates past the 29th.

II today as well, will also be turning it down. Theres still hope to everyone waiting to hear something!

II today as well, will also be turning it down. Theres still hope to everyone waiting to hear something!
Can you and hellosnd turn the II down right away haha I'm still on the pre-II waitlist so you've given me hope

II received for April 29th. Anyone know if these interviews are just for the waitlist at this point?

Hey guys! Just got accepted from the March 25th interview. Can someone please DM me the 2023 Facebook group? Much appreciated!

II received for April 29th. Anyone know if these interviews are just for the waitlist at this point?
TUN actually only interviews for open seats so there is still hope and also because it is nearing the end of the cycle their turn around rate is super quick. I interviewed on the 25th and got accepted today, in little over a week. Good Luck!

Do any accepted students know/ remember when acceptance day is? Also can someone DM me the 2023 facebook page, Thanks in advance!

Do any accepted students know/ remember when acceptance day is? Also can someone DM me the 2023 facebook page, Thanks in advance!
Acceptance day is May 3rd.
Check your touro Email for the rsvp link.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I was accepted a couple of days ago... best day of my life! Excited to be a part of the class of 2023!! Could someone please send me the link to the facebook group? I would really appreciate it. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I'm new to sdn. Just wanted to share that I'm waitlisted for TUN (II - 2/25) (kind of nervous for this cycle). Looking forward to joining in on the TUN Forum :) Wishing you all the best of luck! And for those who got accepted, Congratz!! Hoping to join you on the acceptance bandwagon soon! #praying

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone. Does anyone have a copy of the itinerary with the email addresses for the interviewers they wouldn’t mind messaging to me? I was in the morning group on 4/16 and I am currently out of town but would love to send a thank you letter. It would be greatly greatly appreciated! Thank you!! Best of luck to everyone applying this cycle!

All we have to do is the immunization packet by April 30, right? No background check or drug test right?

Where did you get the info to do it? I only received emails about the immunization packet & now I’m worried

We should be fine. I only got info about immunization packet. Don’t forget to make sure you get blood titers for all those immunizations even though you have the complete vaccination list. Lol. I didn’t realize we needed blood tests done on top of those so I have to rush and get them this week

Where did you get the info to do it? I only received emails about the immunization packet & now I’m worried
After checking my email it looks like we got it in June. So like what the other user said you shouldn't worry too much :)

Hey guys, stressed out pre-med here and long time lurker lol

I'll be taking the MCAT in july but if necessary, i might push it back to August. My undergrad GPA was trash due to various reasons, and i graduated with a 3.0ish gpa. Im currently finishing up a 1 year informal postbacc with 30 credits of upper division science courses. My pbGPA will be 3.8-3.85. My ECs are pretty good (3000+ clinical hours, 200 non clinical, 500ish clinical research hours), shadowed many DOs (including the OMM speciality at TUNCOMs clinic) and received a LOR from a DO. Im URM (AA) too if that matters.

If i submit my secondaries to TUNCOM and other DO schools around September is that considered late? I was born and raised in Nevada so TUNCOM is my top choice. Please let me know and congrats on getting accepted!!!

Hi there!

It might be a little behind others, but it's not super late -- I applied to Touro NV early Sept and got an interview in March! Also applied to Touro NY late August and got an interview in October.
Hey guys, stressed out pre-med here and long time lurker lol

I'll be taking the MCAT in july but if necessary, i might push it back to August. My undergrad GPA was trash due to various reasons, and i graduated with a 3.0ish gpa. Im currently finishing up a 1 year informal postbacc with 30 credits of upper division science courses. My pbGPA will be 3.8-3.85. My ECs are pretty good (3000+ clinical hours, 200 non clinical, 500ish clinical research hours), shadowed many DOs (including the OMM speciality at TUNCOMs clinic) and received a LOR from a DO. Im URM (AA) too if that matters.

If i submit my secondaries to TUNCOM and other DO schools around September is that considered late? I was born and raised in Nevada so TUNCOM is my top choice. Please let me know and congrats on getting accepted!!!

Hi there!

It might be a little behind others, but it's not super late -- I applied to Touro NV early Sept and got an interview in March! Also applied to Touro NY late August and got an interview in October.

Ahhh i see, so i guess it varies lol. When did you receive an interview invite? Appreciate the response!

How likely does one get an interview from being in "Interview Waitlist"?

Does anyone know when waitlist movement typically starts for TUN?

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.