2020-2021 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been under review since 2/9 is it safe to say this is an R

Members don't see this ad :)
WL just now, interviewed 4/27. Pretty bummed to get a WL this late in the cycle, taking this as a R tbh

WL just now, interviewed 4/27. Pretty bummed to get a WL this late in the cycle, taking this as a R tbh
I would assume the interviews this late in the cycle are for WL positions? I’m interviewing next week and I just figured it be for a waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlist here too. Sounds like they are for waitlist spots.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Not sure this has been an answer on this thread but is the interview a partial blind interview where they can see everything except GPA and MCAT (but can see your grades)?

Not sure this has been an answer on this thread but is the interview a partial blind interview where they can see everything except GPA and MCAT (but can see your grades)?
they read my essays/activities but didn't have access to my grades or mcat. at least one of my interviewers definitely read my app, as i had a question about my personal statement and one about my research
one of the questions i received was if i took a specific course

they read my essays/activities but didn't have access to my grades or mcat. at least one of my interviewers definitely read my app, as i had a question about my personal statement and one about my research
one of the questions i received was if i took a specific courses
Ah okay. I just wanted to check because I read somewhere that people were asked about specific grades but I wasn’t sure how that was if they can’t see grades. Unless you did a post bacc or something then explaining why you needed that

i was asked about a grade, so I think they can see grades or "red" flags lol

I wasn’t asked a single thing about my app at all!

Ah okay. I just wanted to check because I read somewhere that people were asked about specific grades but I wasn’t sure how that was if they can’t see grades. Unless you did a post bacc or something then explaining why you needed that
We were told specifically that our interviewers couldn’t see our grades or MCAT, but they definitely did have access to our essays and experiences. I wasn’t asked much about my application materials at all, all depends on your interviewer!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview with Touro in the upcoming week but I haven't received any information about the interview or the schedule of the day. Can anyone provide a quick rundown of what the day looks like, how long the interview is, is it traditional or MMI, etc?

I have an interview with Touro in the upcoming week but I haven't received any information about the interview or the schedule of the day. Can anyone provide a quick rundown of what the day looks like, how long the interview is, is it traditional or MMI, etc?
It's several hours long with the interviews smack in the middle. You have one 20 minute interview with 2 people. It's very short but I think I got around 15 questions in that time! I have heard from enough people to see that it is highly variable what kinds of questions you will get. I got a literal smorgasbord but with zero questions about my app.

I personally went to the sdn list of questions that people reported here for tuncom and picked the most common ones then practiced my answers to them 10 times over the course of the weekend before. I ended up only getting one of them but I felt more confident because of my preparation.

The typical interview advice applies: be yourself, be confident, smile, be able to answer: "why DO", "why touro?", "why medicine?", and differences (or lack thereof) between DO and MD.

Be aware that you may get the rogue interviewers that are seemingly trying to break your spirit and confidence. Make a plan for what you will tell yourself if that happens. I would come up with a phrase that builds me up and reminds me this is a tactic and isn't real.

Withdrew my acceptance today, good luck everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how full the class is? At the interview session yesterday we were told class capacity this year would be 179

Does anyone know how full the class is? At the interview session yesterday we were told class capacity this year would be 179
Not sure how helpful this is but the Facebook group has around 130 people in it, but this doesn't mean much because some may not be in the group and some may withdraw their As

Not sure how helpful this is but the Facebook group has around 130 people in it, but this doesn't mean much because some may not be in the group and some may withdraw their As
Makes sense and maybe there’s some upper class students as well. I guess it’s good to have a rough estimate. Thanks!

Just got an II today that I was most certainly not expecting at this point. Lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Dang, I just want this process to be over. Not sure when to expect waitlist significant waitlist movement. Seems like more and more interviews. Good luck to everyone having an interview coming up though!

For those on the waitlist, have you received an email from Nancy confirming your continued interest on the waitlist?

For those on the waitlist, have you received an email from Nancy confirming your continued interest on the waitlist?
I had an email right after the waitlist decision email to confirm if I wanted to be on it or not. Other than that, no. I'm not sure if everyone had this.

Dang, I just want this process to be over. Not sure when to expect waitlist significant waitlist movement. Seems like more and more interviews. Good luck to everyone having an interview coming up though!
I agree! (Congrats to those getting II) I had mine earlier this week and Nancy said they wouldn’t even be looking at LOI until after the last round of interviews

I agree! (Congrats to those getting II) I had mine earlier this week and Nancy said they wouldn’t even be looking at LOI until after the last round of interviews
I got waitlisted and I thought it said specifically in the decision email NOT to send any letters of intent or application updates?

Last edited:
I got waitlisted and I thought it said specifically in the decision email to NOT send any letters of intent or application updates?
Oh really? Weird. Then I’m not sure why she said they won’t be looking at LOIs till after interviews complete

Withdrawing my acceptance -- goodbye, $2,000 deposit.

Hope this can open doors for one of you wonderful people. Good luck, everybody! ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
did everyone who was waitlisted get the email about the COVID vaccine today?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi does anyone know if the didactic courses are pass fail? I can’t remember if I heard them saying they intend to make it pass/fail?

Hi does anyone know if the didactic courses are pass fail? I can’t remember if I heard them saying they intend to make it pass/fail?
Current OMS-1 and they're P/F for us but not for the OMS-2 class. We're P/F because of COVID-related changes to the testing and grading format. It's unclear if they're going back to traditional grading but I have a feeling they will be.

I’ve been under review since 2/19 with no word..anyone else in the same boat?

I’ve been under review since 2/19 with no word..anyone else in the same boat?
I was under review since 2/9 and I reached out and a couple days later for a interview waitlist email lol. Idk if reaching is the best but who knows

I was under review since 2/9 and I reached out and a couple days later for a interview waitlist email lol. Idk if reaching is the best but who knows
So after you reached out they sent you an email for an interview waitlist?

Anyone know if there is waitlist movement? I saw the facebook group gained a lot of new members.
Lmao username checks out. You gotta stop worrying and looking at pointless things such as the “number of Facebook group members.” People will post on here if they got off the waitlist I’m sure and someone in the thread already mentioned earlier that the Facebook group isn’t entirely representative of the students, other non class of 2025 students can be mixed in there.

Have any other accepted students received their financial aid packages yet? I can see on the portal the total dollar amount “awarded,” but that’s it. It says it hasn’t been packaged yet and that should happen in early May - which has come and gone at this point!

I think a few people already got theirs in the past week. I got an email about it about an hour ago. I filled out my forms a couple of days ago so that could be why mine just came in.

Accepted off the WL earlier today (was only on for a few days). Interviewed 4/27. Will have to decline unfortunately. But that means one more spot for all of you!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users