2019-2020 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wrote down that they said we will hear back today! (interviewed on 3/31 afternoon)

Awesome man, Hopefully, we all hear good news

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just got the email acceptance letter. interviewed 3/31

II just now - Will be turning it down. Hopefully one you deserving folks get it!
Timeline:
Primary: 11/9/2019
Secondary: 11/13/2019
Initial review: 3/11/2020
Final Review: 4/13/2020
Interview: 4/14/2020

Got my official acceptance today after 3/31 interview. Planning on attending. Could someone please send me an invite to the Facebook group?

Reactions: 1 users
Got my interview invite today! Scheduled for 04/27. It's encouraging that people are still receiving acceptances this late in the cycle! I had already started on my personal statement and MCAT studying for upcoming cycle.

Lizzy M 62.
Secondary submitted late summer.
Initial review: 03/09
Final review: 04/13

Got my II today too. Wow that took a long time.

Congrats to those that received an II today! Were any of you guys previously placed on the interview waitlist?

Congrats to those that received an II today! Were any of you guys previously placed on the interview waitlist?
No idea, I just completed my secondary a few months back and hadn't heard anything back until today.

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now - Will be turning it down. Hopefully one you deserving folks get it!
Timeline:
Primary: 11/9/2019
Secondary: 11/13/2019
Initial review: 3/11/2020
Final Review: 4/13/2020
Interview: 4/14/2020
Wait, what are initial and final review? I submitted a bit after you and I never got those emails.

Hey all. I was accepted to this school earlier this month and I recently paid my deposit :). Will they send us a link to the facebook group or how can i access it?

If you receive an email recommending that you apply for the masters, is that basically a hint at hey u don’t have a shot

Hey all. I was accepted to this school earlier this month and I recently paid my deposit :). Will they send us a link to the facebook group or how can i access it?

Typically you'll be contacted by email about this. I sent you the URL for the group though and you are welcome to request to join.

If you receive an email recommending that you apply for the masters, is that basically a hint at hey u don’t have a shot

No, pretty sure those are automated prior to admission as you're email is added to Touro's mailing list. I know plenty of current Touro students who received that email during their application cycle.

Typically you'll be contacted by email about this. I sent you the URL for the group though and you are welcome to request to join.

No, pretty sure those are automated prior to admission as you're email is added to Touro's mailing list. I know plenty of current Touro students who received that email during their application cycle.

Do you know how long they run Interviews until? I'm on the interview waitlist and it seems like many places are wrapping up handing out interviews. I haven't seen many people on here who received interviews from the waitlist either.

Do you know how long they run Interviews until? I'm on the interview waitlist and it seems like many places are wrapping up handing out interviews. I haven't seen many people on here who received interviews from the waitlist either.
I know that typically most schools would be wrapping up interviews around March/April as you say, but Touro has a larger class size and the pandemic has thrown a wrench into things as well. I'm not completely aware of how much this has affected the cycle, so it's hard to say.

I would imagine as long as there is a steady string of applicants that are still being reviewed for interview invitations, they won't be dipping into the interview waitlist until after those are depleted. This is just my speculation though.

You'll have to wait and see what happens, but make sure you have a back up plan.

I know that typically most schools would be wrapping up interviews around March/April as you say, but Touro has a larger class size and the pandemic has thrown a wrench into things as well. I'm not completely aware of how much this has affected the cycle, so it's hard to say.

I would imagine as long as there is a steady string of applicants that are still being reviewed for interview invitations, they won't be dipping into the interview waitlist until after those are depleted. This is just my speculation though.

You'll have to wait and see what happens, but make sure you have a back up plan.

Thank you for taking the time to share all of that! I really appreciate it. :)

So sorry for the dumb question, but I have an A here and would like to withdraw so hopefully it'll go to one of you guys!!

Anyone aware of how to withdraw from a school...? I have not done this before LOL.

Reactions: 2 users
So sorry for the dumb question, but I have an A here and would like to withdraw so hopefully it'll go to one of you guys!!

Anyone aware of how to withdraw from a school...? I have not done this before LOL.

You can email/call admissions to let them know.

Finally withdrew my acceptance today!

For those who are on the WL or interview WL, hope you will be seeing movement soon - I'm betting there are plenty of other people like me, who paid the deposit, but procrastinated on withdrawing their spot. Plus, people will be getting off the WL for other schools soon.

Good luck all!

Got an email today my app is going in review! :)

• Love
Congrats to you! Also, good news for us on the WL if movement is finally happening :D

Withdrew, good luck to those on the waitlist!!

Reactions: 4 users
Got it thank you. One more question for you- did your original WL letter ask that you not send a LOI?

Yes, I just checked the email and it does say not to send a LOI or updates. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Got it thank you. One more question for you- did your original WL letter ask that you not send a LOI?

Mine did. Touro NV said to not send a LOI or an update email or to ask where on the waitlist I was ranked. They only want to hear from WL people if you're asking to be removed from the WL altogether. I don't want to seem like I can't follow instructions, so much as I would like to reply, the best thing to do is patiently wait and hope for the best.

Received an II today, complete early-Feb OOS. How are their virtual interviews? Are the questions straight forward?

Mine did. Touro NV said to not send a LOI or an update email or to ask where on the waitlist I was ranked. They only want to hear from WL people if you're asking to be removed from the WL altogether. I don't want to seem like I can't follow instructions, so much as I would like to reply, the best thing to do is patiently wait and hope for the best.
Yea mine said the same. So hard waiting silently but I agree with you best to follow the rules and like you said hope for the best.

Received an II today, complete early-Feb OOS. How are their virtual interviews? Are the questions straight forward?

Congrats on the II! I'm also OOS and was complete early Feb. Did you recently receive an email stating "Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision."? I just now got the application in review email, lmao.

Congrats on the II! I'm also OOS and was complete early Feb. Did you recently receive an email stating "Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision."? I just now got the application in review email, lmao.

Thanks! Yes I got that email literally 2 hours before getting an II

Just had an interview 04/27. The interview was able to be confined to nearly exactly 20 minutes due to the zoom format. One of my interviewers seemed to have trouble with zoom so they were a muted black screen for the whole time. Hope they were listening lol. The other interviewer was very kind and conversational. The only "scripted" Q's I remember were "what's the biggest problem in healthcare" and the dreaded "tell me about yourself". Overall it felt pretty low pressure. The interview day was still about 5 or 6 hours. Best of luck!

does anyone know if they have any open spots remaining, or if the next interview is essentially an interview for the waitlist?

does anyone know if they have any open spots remaining, or if the next interview is essentially an interview for the waitlist?
During my interview on 04/27, they said they only interview for open seats so if you’re being interviewed, there’s a spot available.

Does anyone know the last date for interviews? Just trying to gauge how many available spots there are left. The waitlist life is a stressful one!