2018-2019 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you guys regular or early decision ?

Regular as well. I submitted my secondary very quickly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
no, so i applied last summer as a senior in college (i just graduated college this past may!), i interviewed mid-january but by then they had already filled up their class. i was placed on the hold list, but due to lack of movement, me and a bunch of other people were deferred to joining the class that starts next fall. so get to take the year off before school starts. like i said, my applicant pool was apparently really competitive and there was low movement on the list (this is according to the school lmao not me saying it)

Any tips for the interview??

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any tips for the interview??
Honestly, just Be yourself. Really is a toss up depending on who you get as your interviewer but don’t stress, you guys are obviously supposed to be there, you aren’t there by some miracle. BE open and honest, also know your file inside and out like what you wrote and all of your courses and everything. My interviewer asked me about now my specific coursework

Hi all, I sent in my secondary more than two weeks ago and have t heard anything yet. I’m out of state. Wondering if there’s anybody in the same boat as I am?

Hi all, I sent in my secondary more than two weeks ago and have t heard anything yet. I’m out of state. Wondering if there’s anybody in the same boat as I am?

My secondary was submitted on 6/26 and I haven’t heard anything! OOS as well. Guess we’ll see, seems like IS is getting priority

hi all! Just wondering what kinds of things people address when answering questions like "why this school?" I've been struggling a ton with that and hoping for some guidance!

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!! Super excited
In state
503 MCAT cGPA: 3.4 sGPA 3.5

Reactions: 2 users
II as well! IS, LM 68, complete 2.5ish weeks ago.

It's so annoying when people complete way after you get an II while I'm just sitting here in dead silence. Congrats everyone though!! Didn't mean to sound too salty...lol

Reactions: 4 users
They received my LORs 3 weeks ago, but my application still hasn’t been marked complete. Did this happen to anyone else?

They received my LORs 3 weeks ago, but my application still hasn’t been marked complete. Did this happen to anyone else?
It happened to me too! I had to call them today and they moved the recommendations over and it was complete. I would call them to fix it.

guys does your app get delayed if you are waiting for a new mcat score.

This is bothering me stats OSS 3.52 cgpa 3.34 sgpa 506

yeah I called them today and they did it while I was on the phone with them my letters were sitting there for like a week.

Did anyone get an II with <500 MCAT?
Hi! Student from last cycle that is entering next year - just wanted to let you know that I know of people that were accepted here with ~500 MCAT's but it depends on your situation. The 499 MCAT was a student that had completed their master's at rowan. The other was an undergrad from a very good school that was a couple of years out of undergrad already

My primary application was verified 5/31
Submitted Secondary on 6/29
My File for Rowan was complete 7/25
Would defnitely highlight if you have any personal connections to NJ such as family or if you live nearby. Most of the students at Rowan are in state, so it's an easy answer saying you're close to home. But if you talk about the lifestyle that most people in NJ have as well as how you may want to practice in NJ that might help. I would also learn about the stats of some of the classes, such as their COMLEX scores and match rates, talking about how well the school does in terms of matching shows that you did your research and are thinking ahead

Anyone know how long after interviews they send acceptances?

The committee meets every first and third fridays of the month. In the beginning of the cycle it usually takes 2-3 weeks, and around a month or so as the cycle progresses

I submitted my secondary more than a month ago and still silence. Wish they give you some updates. Anybody in the same boat? I’m OOS

does anyone know what the area around the university is like? I can't find any information about off-campus life for students on the SOM webpage? If anyone who currently goes there or who knows a bit about the area could give me some info that'd be great! :)

Any tips for the interview? This will be my first med school interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Any tips for the interview? This will be my first med school interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Really relaxed interview. Don't stress too much over it. Besides knowing answers to generic questions, honestly be able to be yourself and have a conversation about anything casually.

Would defnitely highlight if you have any personal connections to NJ such as family or if you live nearby. Most of the students at Rowan are in state, so it's an easy answer saying you're close to home. But if you talk about the lifestyle that most people in NJ have as well as how you may want to practice in NJ that might help. I would also learn about the stats of some of the classes, such as their COMLEX scores and match rates, talking about how well the school does in terms of matching shows that you did your research and are thinking ahead

Are you a student of this school?

anybody know what percentage of applicants who get an interview invite are accepted?? and what is the interview like for this school?

anybody know what percentage of applicants who get an interview invite are accepted?? and what is the interview like for this school?

If you’ve gotten an II, then your in good shape. Rowan is very selective on who it chooses to interview, so just be confident and you’ll be fine.
Be prepared to answer questions like tell me about yourself, why medicine, why DO, why rowan. If you have any discrepancies on your transcript or mcat, be ready to talk about that too and know what you wrote on your app! Goodluck!

I got an II but the dates don't allow much time for preparation, would I be bold if I called asking for a September date?