2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, sorry to hear about your WL. If you don’t mind me asking, how do you know you were waitlisted? Did you get an email or a letter in the mail?

Thank you
I received an email

Members don't see this ad.

+1 on the alternate list. On MSAR it says they accepts about 100 off the alternate list. Not sure how accurate that is, but it's what's on the site. Good luck though! I hope you get in where you really wanna go!

Edit: It also says "Applicants from the alternate are frequently accepted", so hold onto hope!
+1 on the alternate list. The class size is only 100, so definitely 100 people are not accepted off the alternate list. There is still hope, but getting ready to reapply and also hoping on other schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the waitlist different from the alternate list...?

+1 on alt list

+11 millionth on the goddamn alt list. I'm tired man. Mostly cause it took let's see... 3 months to let me know I've been waitlisted
Better than a post II R I suppose, but it's pretty demoralizing, lol my secret fear of getting WL at all of the schools I interviewed at feels like it's coming true

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Did everyone who got waitlist emails receive them this morning?

Waitlisted as well. Received an email last night. I’m just curious as to why they started the waitlist so early this year. According to the past couple of threads the waitlist didn’t go out until March-April ish :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted as well. Received an email last night. I’m just curious as to why they started the waitlist so early this year. According to the past couple of threads the waitlist didn’t go out until March-April ish :shrug:
It probably had much to do with that change in the admissions process

Reactions: 1 users
Has anybody received an acceptance in the last few days?

+1 on the alternate list. The class size is only 100, so definitely 100 people are not accepted off the alternate list. There is still hope, but getting ready to reapply and also hoping on other schools
schools accept more people than people who actually matriculate

Reactions: 2 users
So sorry to those who got waitlisted :( There is still hope though!! Do you guys mind saying when you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
So sorry to those who got waitlisted :( There is still hope though!! Do you guys mind saying when you interviewed?

I wouldn't say sorry. In their email they mentioned that a majority of people on the alt list are still in active consideration and end up matriculating. I interviewed in Oct.

You’re right! Being waitlisted is way better than a rejection

Reactions: 3 users
II today. So shocked and thrilled.

Complete mid September. I did send an update letter 2 weeks ago.

II today. So shocked and thrilled.

Complete mid September. I did send an update letter 2 weeks ago.

I'm so happy for you! I keep seeing you around the MCG thread haha. Congrats and good luck!

Accepted! I am thrilled because I loved this school and its mission. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone have official MSAR data on waitlist? For some reason, I can't access mine

50-50? Wow those chances are a lot better than what I thought before!! Alright, now I am excited again lol

Last edited:
Can any current students talk more about the community health course in 1st year?

That’s confusing because their class is only 100 people. Has their class been larger in past cycles?
Medical schools usually accept 2-3 people per seat because people usually turn them down and for some reason, it usually works out to fill their quotas

That's awful! I'm so sorry you had a bad experience too :( and thank you so much!
so this was actually my second interview for the day. Morehouse's interview days are set up so that you spend an hour with a secondary interviewer and then an hour with a primary interviewer. The secondary interviewer is NOT on the admissions committee. They basically meet you, take notes on you, and give the notes to the primary interviewer. The primary interviewer reads through those notes, interviews you, and then votes with the committee. Sooo technically the only interview that matters is the second one but i dont know if we're supposed to know that? lol i hope that answers your question
Oh that blows because neither of my interviewers seemed very prepared. The first one fumbled through and around my file. My second interviewer didn't ask me anything in regards to my application. We just had a general conversation (more about him and trials of being a black man), where I attempted to sprinkle my activities, accolades, and desire for medical school. I got into other schools but MSM was my Top Choice.

I am pretty sure we got the same second guy. The second guy I believe is more testing you on your listening and conversational ability. If you can have empathy, relate, talk I am sure you were in good graces.

Any one completed in October got II? Does it help if we call admissions for status update?

Any one completed in October got II? Does it help if we call admissions for status update?
I personally would advise calling admissions. They were pretty annoyed when I called for an update. But at this point if you didn't have an interview what do you have to lose? Go for it

Complete in October as well, no II or R.

I was complete in September and sent them an update letter and 2 weeks later got an II. So an update may help.

complete in September too, no II or R and I've sent both an update letter and an ITA notice, this school is 100% my top choice but definitely losing hope now that its almost February

Will sending a resume highlighting my new experiences do?

Nope. Write a letter, it's more personal and formal. My letter was an update including a reason of why I want to be considered and how my new experiences continue to fit the mission. I can pm you the body if you want a more concrete example. I tried to PM you but I can't.

There's also a lot of examples of update/loi on sdn and via google search.

Nope. Write a letter, it's more personal and formal. My letter was an update including a reason of why I want to be considered and how my new experiences continue to fit the mission. I can pm you the body if you want a more concrete example. I tried to PM you but I can't.

There's also a lot of examples of update/loi on sdn and via google search.
Thanks! I'll love to see a sample. I just msged you.

I applied in October and received an interview invite in early January.

I declined my interview. Good luck!

So I just realized that I did not send a picture form:bang:. I just emailed it. Did anyone received an II without it?

Send them an update letter that also highlights why you would make a great fit for the school and how the school would fit you. Basically, another letter trying to convince them to give you an interview. It worked for me.

So I just realized that I did not send a picture form:bang:. I just emailed it. Did anyone received an II without it?
I would email to explain the situation but I honestly don't think it matters in regards to whether or not you get an invitation. They are pretty strict with security on campus so they probably use it more for identification purposes when you interview. I'm guessing they'd probably just request a picture if they extend you an invitation.

Part of the first year’s tuition is that laptop all students must use. Out of curiosity what are the laptop specs, and what are those pc programs used for?

Part of the first year’s tuition is that laptop all students must use. Out of curiosity what are the laptop specs, and what are those pc programs used for?
I hope it can get a surface book.

Has anybody heard of any II from this school recently?

II on Jan 22, Scheduled it for Feb 15. I think Feb 15 and Feb 22 were still available.

OOS, URM, 508 MCAT, Complete late August.