2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Bradenton, Florida)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone interviewing March 22nd that is flying into Tampa wanna split cost on rental vehicle? Also any students have recommendations on where to stay that is affordable?

Members don't see this ad.

Is the interview here open or closed file

There are some lengthy (not in a bad way) posts earlier in this thread (page 4) which describe the interview. I'm also interviewing on the 15th and was just doing some research about the interview structure. Good luck in your prep!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received any communication from the school recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any communication from the school recently?

Nope ! They told me they sent out a decision letter for me and it would take 30 days to be notified . It's been about 2 months. I'm not sure why their communication is lagging. I emailed and asked about it , but I haven't heard anything.

Nope ! They told me they sent out a decision letter for me and it would take 30 days to be notified . It's been about 2 months. I'm not sure why their communication is lagging. I emailed and asked about it , but I haven't heard anything.
I sent a letter of intent to both erie and bradenton, and a few hours later I had an II for erie, bradenton kind of ignored me

Does anyone know if all the seats are filled already or are some still open?

I’m interviewing tomorrow bc a seat opened up, the women I talked to said my only other date option would be for the last one in April... sounds like their interview season is coming to a close

Anyone that has interviewed know if I could make a 4:21pm flight in Tampa? I'd prefer to do this flight but not sure if it is too close since it is 1 hour to Orlando.

Last edited:
Anyone that has interviewed know if I could make a 4:21pm flight in Orlando? I'd prefer to do this flight but not sure if it is too close since it is 1 hour to Orlando.

1:45 to Orlando without traffic. Wouldn’t recommend cutting it that close. I4 is the deadliest highway in America so speeding is not recommended lol

1:45 to Orlando without traffic. Wouldn’t recommend cutting it that close. I4 is the deadliest highway in America so speeding is not recommended lol
Sorry I meant Tampa which is about an hour. Google maps says 55 minutes

I sent an update on my experiences but haven't received a reply whether they received it or not should I call them?
+1

Over the phone, Mr. Shively told me to email him if there was an update. I never received a reply either or a confirmation from him.

i was interviewed in last week of October. Wait listed since late November.
MCAT: 508
GPA: 3.84
Scribe: 3500 hrs
lot of volunteering

Still waiting to be accepted. Do i have any chance, Anyone please

Members don't see this ad :)
i was interviewed in last week of October. Wait listed since late November.
MCAT: 508
GPA: 3.84
Scribe: 3500 hrs
lot of volunteering

Still waiting to be accepted. Do i have any chance, Anyone please

Going on what Ron said during my interview on 3/15, it seems like a lot of movement happens just after the first week of May when MD schools trim all the double acceptances applicants are holding. This causes a migration from people accepted at DO schools that now receive acceptances at MD schools. The newly emptied spots at DO schools then go to waitlisted individuals and those interviewing at the tail end of the cycle. So, no reason to give up hope yet. Best of luck to you!

Wow. That was fast...I thought Ron said we wouldn't hear anything until next week at the earliest...

Congratulations, though! Hope I get a call today as well!

Congrats! Any recommendations for the interview? I’m really late in the game, I’m interviewing April 26th.

Just be relaxed and yourself! My interviewer was super chill, and it was very conversational for my one on one. The group interview wasn’t bad either, we all gave each other a chance to answer the question. I would say it kinda helps to build your answer based on the previous, just so it’s more of a conversation. I hope this helps a little, good luck!

I sent a letter of interest about a week or two after interviewing which I think was helpful since I’m OOS. As for the interview, the group interview can be a lot of fun just make sure you talk with your group and as mittenkitten said try to build your answers off others. The ‘MMI’ portion was very chill and conversational. Good luck!

Yeah I’m from out of state and at the interview they give you an email to send updates to, I sent it to that email

Going on what Ron said during my interview on 3/15, it seems like a lot of movement happens just after the first week of May when MD schools trim all the double acceptances applicants are holding. This causes a migration from people accepted at DO schools that now receive acceptances at MD schools. The newly emptied spots at DO schools then go to waitlisted individuals and those interviewing at the tail end of the cycle. So, no reason to give up hope yet. Best of luck to you!

should i send letter of intention or wait little bit more. in the wait list letter they said it will be july when i will find out

should i send letter of intention or wait little bit more. in the wait list letter they said it will be july when i will find out

I think if you have acceptance at another good school, you could benefit by sending in a letter stating you have been accepted at X, but you think that LECOM would be a better fit for you and if given admission you would definitely come. Otherwise, I’m not sure if sending in a letter would do much good. Not an expert though. Hopefully someone else can chime in. Did you send in your thank you notes? That’s a nice opportunity to confess your commitment to attending LECOM. I’m sending mine in this weekend, and plan on doing just this.

Anyone know if non-accepted students are supposed to be able to access the roommate forums? I have interviewed, and no final decision has been made. However, I am able to see (and post to?) the roommate forums?

I think if you have acceptance at another good school, you could benefit by sending in a letter stating you have been accepted at X, but you think that LECOM would be a better fit for you and if given admission you would definitely come. Otherwise, I’m not sure if sending in a letter would do much good. Not an expert though. Hopefully someone else can chime in. Did you send in your thank you notes? That’s a nice opportunity to confess your commitment to attending LECOM. I’m sending mine in this weekend, and plan on doing just this.
yes i sent them thank you note in after interview which was late october. I just sent them letter of intention as well. Also wait listed at FIU And Nova since November. Also expecting response from Drexel. i was interviewed there early February. Just waiting....

Hi everyone . I submitted my application back in June. My MCAT was extremely low - at a 482. However , they did accept my ACT score and GPA as an alternative. I spoke with an admissions member and she said that my ACT score of 23 was above their minimum , but not at their average , but my GPA was above their average. It is now January and in November she let me know that they interview until April of 2019 , and that I should just keep sending in updated transcripts and activities. I have shadowing experience with doctors and lots of experience with healthcare and developing healthcare programs , as well as a balance of other extracurricular activities and community projects to promote medicine and mental health care. My under grad major is in Social Work , but I'm taking the required prerequisites for medical school. I understand that my MCAT is no where near competitive , but I'm hoping that they analyze and focus on other areas as well. I still have not heard anything back yet... Is there something I should do ? I'm not sure what to think.

did they tell you where to send in those updates transcripts and activities? did you update right to AACOMAS? or send a letter/email to the school? Thanks!

Congrats! What were your stats?

sGPA: 3.63, cGPA: 3.8
Currently a grad student and in all science classes, GPA is a 3.8
MCAT: 498 (low, I know)
AIS: 127

Lots of extracurriculars, volunteer experiences, collegiate athlete

yes i sent them thank you note in after interview which was late october. I just sent them letter of intention as well. Also wait listed at FIU And Nova since November. Also expecting response from Drexel. i was interviewed there early February. Just waiting....[/QUOTE

Just got acknowledgement that they have recieved my letter of intent. I sent my letter to Lecom last week.

sGPA: 3.63, cGPA: 3.8
Currently a grad student and in all science classes, GPA is a 3.8
MCAT: 498 (low, I know)
AIS: 127

Lots of extracurriculars, volunteer experiences, collegiate athlete
Congratulations! When were you complete?

anyone know what this means in the portal: "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made." ??

Does everyone receive the text message that says we were pleased to meet you... I’m just anxious and don’t know if I should read in to that or if it goes to all who interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Does everyone receive the text message that says we were pleased to meet you... I’m just anxious and don’t know if I should read in to that or if it goes to all who interview.
I received that today as well. I did for Erie as well.

got the phone call that I was accepted here! So excited. Anyone know good apartments near the school?

has anyone tried calling to see if they actually looked at your update?

Just got a post-II rejection. Postmarked 3/20 and interviewed 3/15. Called up the admissions office today and was told there was no record of a rejection on my file in the system. Was also told that the school never received my verified MCAT scores and had only one of the two organic chem prereqs listed in my file (basically she told me my application was incomplete and may have been why the rejection letter was sent out). Called up AACOMAS to verify my Bradenton application had these items and was complete (they were). Called up Bradenton to see what could be done to fix their system error or to see if the rejection letter was sent in error (since that status wasn't reflected in their system). Was told that the rejection letter was final and that there was nothing to be done (very rudely by the way).

I don't think there is much to do to appeal this, but thought I would post this just so others can weigh in. Any thoughts? My application was complete pre-II. The only thing I can think of is that they did an application update, and somehow my MCAT and org chem prereqs were deleted. No idea what else could have happened unless one of the admins deleted them on accident? AACOMAS told me that the school has final say, but confirmed it must have been an error on their end. I mean...what the **** LECOM? Thought about emailing Dean Kauffman, but can't find his email...not sure if that would help anyway. At the very least, this should serve as an example for how disorganized this school is...and how accountable they are for their mistakes.

I sent an update and got an II shortly after sending it.

Congrats on the II!! I was placed on the waitlist and Ron told us to email him updates. Like previous students, he hasn't responded to us. idk if its normal orrrr