2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Bradenton, Florida)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received
Verified 5/23
Found it in my spam, just a heads up

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary recieved. Verified earlier this morning. Question: Does everyone receive a secondary or is there a screening? Anyone know?

Does anyone know if they send out the secondary invites for all 3 campuses at once? I received the Bradenton one 30 minutes ago but was wondering if they'll send out the other 2 campuses (Lake Erie & Seton Hill?). I was also verified back on June 7th.

Secondary recieved. Verified earlier this morning. Question: Does everyone receive a secondary or is there a screening? Anyone know?

I think they do screen, you just need a 2.7 sGPA/cGPA or higher and at least 40th percentile on the MCAT

Does anyone know if they send out the secondary invites for all 3 campuses at once? I received the Bradenton one 30 minutes ago but was wondering if they'll send out the other 2 campuses (Lake Erie & Seton Hill?). I was also verified back on June 7th.

Erie/Seton are the same app.
Bradenton is a different app.
I received both within an hour of eachother.

secondary received and submitted too just now.

I'm curious as to why they don't ask for secondary essays. I thought schools use it to find people specific their school and as a filter.
Do they just offer a lot of people interviews and filer them out through that? Or does the school rely more heavily on the primary app?

I'm curious as to why they don't ask for secondary essays. I thought schools use it to find people specific their school and as a filter.
Do they just offer a lot of people interviews and filer them out through that? Or does the school rely more heavily on the primary app?

I think they just offer anyone who meets the pre-screening benchmarks a secondary (more secondaries = more money for the school), but in terms of an interview I don't think they just offer anyone interviews, they would still have to be selective and base it on your primaries. That's just my theory though.

Secondary submitted --> Anyone know if letters of recommendations are required for II? Still waiting on my committee LOR.

Secondary submitted --> Anyone know if letters of recommendations are required for II? Still waiting on my committee LOR.

It's my understanding that they can offer II before LORs but you must have them before you actually interview.

How quickly do they fill the class? It seems like they do interviews earlier and this isn't my first choice but if I got an interview, I feel like they would notify of acceptances before anyone else and then you have to put down that deposit which I wouldn't really want to do without knowing kind of what my options were or if I had any...this is all hypothetical assuming someone got an interview/acceptance which is definitely not the case at the moment, but just looking for advice so I could maximize options

Members don't see this ad :)
How quickly do they fill the class? It seems like they do interviews earlier and this isn't my first choice but if I got an interview, I feel like they would notify of acceptances before anyone else and then you have to put down that deposit which I wouldn't really want to do without knowing kind of what my options were or if I had any...this is all hypothetical assuming someone got an interview/acceptance which is definitely not the case at the moment, but just looking for advice so I could maximize options
Thats the risk you take. I would recommend putting a deposit down on first acceptance. Better to lose a few grand than risk not getting accepted elsewhere

I don't remember the exact day but it was too the same day I received it. 6/19 i think
For your guys who got II's, does your checklist page have everything received? My is showing nothing has been received (all red X's), but sent in my secondary around the same time as mentioned above.

For your guys who got II's, does your checklist page have everything received? My is showing nothing has been received (all red X's), but sent in my secondary around the same time as mentioned above.

Mine doesn’t have anything either, but I just submitted mine a little over a week ago. My status is “We have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you.” For the people who got II’s, did yours say the same before you got the invite? My Erie status is different so it had me worried.

Mine isn’t even showing the red x’s, it is just blank when I go to that files page...

Mine still has the red Xs on everything. My status before my II at Bradenton was something along the lines of they were going to send it to an admissions committee for further review and they would let me know once updates had been made.

Everything is showing as completed except the two letters of rec (They verify this after receiving an interview)

How long did it take for yours to show up?
7/3

---
Any idea on rate of acceptance for people with an interview? Are they selective before the interview or do they interview lots of candidates?

Congrats on the II invites! What were the stats? Just wondering if they invite elite applicants first who will likely be accepted into MD later on

Didn't get the chance to post yesterday that I got an II. Applying as an AIS student.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Didn't get the chance to post yesterday that I got an II. Applying as an AIS student.

Congrats! I am also applying as an AIS student so I hope they show me some love too! :)

When did you submit your secondary?

Congrats! I am also applying as an AIS student so I hope they show me some love too! :)

When did you submit your secondary?
I hope they do for you, too! 6/20

OMG this is awesome! I was getting nervous, I'm an AIS student as well. Didn't do too hot on my first MCAT, tho retaking it AIS is probably still my best option. So glad to hear people using AIS getting interviews!! Makes me feel a bit more confident

I got an email for the secondary at Bradenton, but I don't see one from Erie. However, in the portal it looks like I can submit the secondary for Erie, does that mean I am invited to fill out the secondary for Erie and the email was missed or is this just a glitch?

I got an email for the secondary at Bradenton, but I don't see one from Erie. However, in the portal it looks like I can submit the secondary for Erie, does that mean I am invited to fill out the secondary for Erie and the email was missed or is this just a glitch?
I got an email from both Erie and Bradenton on the same day but at different times. You can probably submit the Erie secondary, you might have just missed the Erie email

I got an email from both Erie and Bradenton on the same day but at different times. You can probably submit the Erie secondary, you might have just missed the Erie email
I got the Erie one first and the Bradenton the next day, I believe. I just did them both on the day I got the Erie one.

lol, then yes my assumption is correct. They are inviting elite applicants first who probably go MD
Yeah gotta get that $1000 deposit before it's too late

I received my secondary today, and submitted it not too long ago. It seems that I am pretty late compared to everyone else here....did I hurt myself too much by not getting my stuff together earlier? I don't have great stats - 3.26 gpa/ 3.14 sgpa , 507 MCAT :0

I received my secondary today, and submitted it not too long ago. It seems that I am pretty late compared to everyone else here....did I hurt myself too much by not getting my stuff together earlier? I don't have great stats - 3.26 gpa/ 3.14 sgpa , 507 MCAT :0
No you are still submitting in a great time frame. You're not really late until like Novermber-ish. Your GPA is a little low but your MCAT helps you a lot. You will probably still get a II because your MCAT is above their average.