2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Bradenton, Florida)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thinking about applying here. Can someone knowledgeable tell me what the main differences I will encounter are between LECOM-B and LECOM-Eerie? I like LECOM-B's location more but I know that its not the main campus so I'm wondering what some of the downsides are?

Members don't see this ad.

LECOM-B only has PBL curriculum while LECOM-E has several different pathways.

Thinking about applying here. Can someone knowledgeable tell me what the main differences I will encounter are between LECOM-B and LECOM-Eerie? I like LECOM-B's location more but I know that its not the main campus so I'm wondering what some of the downsides are?
You will also see differences in rotations. From what I've heard, LECOM-E gets first dibs at the northern sites, while LECOM-B Florida.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted to LECOM B a few days ago! Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 users
I WAS ACCEPTED OFF THE WAIT LIST AT DREXEL TODAY' !!!!! JUST FEW MINUTES AGO. I wish the best to rest of the wait listed here. I was interviewed on 2/6

Reactions: 1 users
LECOM Bradenton sent me an email asking for my AIS because they never received my MCAT or they think I scored below the 40th percentile. I was in the 44th percentile. My AIS (combo of GPA and ACT) is 122 (their median is 120). What are the risks associated with not giving them my MCAT and just using AIS?

Anyone get an interview yet for the new cycle ?

Reactions: 1 user
I just took it this past year if you have any questions about it!
I'm currently in the MMS program at Bradenton and have the opportunity to move up to the DO program if anyone drops out of the Med school. Would you recommend doing this if anyone drops?

I'm currently in the MMS program at Bradenton and have the opportunity to move up to the DO program if anyone drops out of the Med school. Would you recommend doing this if anyone drops?
Why wouldn't you? If your end goal is to be accepted into a medical school, why wouldn't you cut down a whole year and save some money while you're at it?

Is there a thread for the new cycle ? Has anyone's folder items been updated ? Nothing is changing lol

good morning all, I am currently applying(2020 cycle) and have a question that I figured would best be answered by the last cycle of applicants. Does LECOM-B accept application updates? If so is it only post-interview? Thanks.

good morning all, I am currently applying(2020 cycle) and have a question that I figured would best be answered by the last cycle of applicants. Does LECOM-B accept application updates? If so is it only post-interview? Thanks.

Hey! I know that LECOM likes to see that you are really interested in going to their school. I had a friend that got in off of their waitlist by calling and sending letters stating that it was her top choice and that she was really interested. You can send a letter of interest after sending a secondary to let them know you are interested and waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I know that LECOM likes to see that you are really interested in going to their school. I had a friend that got in off of their waitlist by calling and sending letters stating that it was her top choice and that she was really interested. You can send a letter of interest after sending a secondary to let them know you are interested and waiting!

Thanks I’m planning on sending them an app update after I finish some DO shadowing in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that helps out.

For those who were kept in silence for the majority of the process last year, when did you guys interview and did you ever end up hearing back? If so, when?