This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone sent their LORs via regular mail?
I used interfolio to submit most of my letters, but I had one sent by regular mail which was sent directly by my letter writer.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It depends how many lecture hours are grouped into an exam. We've had as little as 4 chapters in a exam (25 questions) to 14 chapters (80 questions). Instructors usually pick 4-7 questions per lecture hour. Some like more, some don't. Really depends! You get 75 seconds per question (I think. I really can't remember), so all tests have different time limits.

Thank you for all of your postings. I remember reading through last year's thread pulling for you as I read along and then seeing your acceptance post made my day. If I get accepted, I'll probably have a lot of questions for you since I'd be making a similar move across the country. *crosses fingers*

Reactions: 1 user
It depends how many lecture hours are grouped into an exam. We've had as little as 4 chapters in a exam (25 questions) to 14 chapters (80 questions). Instructors usually pick 4-7 questions per lecture hour. Some like more, some don't. Really depends! You get 75 seconds per question (I think. I really can't remember), so all tests have different time limits.
Ok cool thats not too bad. I thought it was going to be more of a MCAT style with 200+ questions since its so much material. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just got my application sent in today. Do you think I'm too late? California applicant, 2.9/507, generally good upward trend. I really like this program based off of other peoples reviews, and the fact that it's a guarantee matriculation rather than an interview.

hey, when did you apply, when did you hear back and what were your stats.

So I just got my application sent in today. Do you think I'm too late? California applicant, 2.9/507, generally good upward trend. I really like this program based off of other peoples reviews, and the fact that it's a guarantee matriculation rather than an interview.

not late. solid time wise

Thank you for all of your postings. I remember reading through last year's thread pulling for you as I read along and then seeing your acceptance post made my day. If I get accepted, I'll probably have a lot of questions for you since I'd be making a similar move across the country. *crosses fingers*

Best of luck to you! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. I took the move across the country as a "vacation" and stopped in all the cities I had never been to, enjoyed all the local beer, coffee and food. It was amazing!

not late. solid time wise

It's really helpful to look through the old threads, not even just last year, but the year prior as well. I am different then the rest and applied very early. Best of luck on your search through the forums! Remember to breathe :)

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was filling out app and it prompted me to contact an email to get files transferred over since I applied to VCOM this past cycle but withdrew... Should I continue with app or wait until I get further instructions from email?

Accepted on 3/1 and had my VCOM app transferred over to this program on 1/28 so the turn around for me was about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So did you not apply traditional way but emailed that address they prompted you to and didn't have to go through app process for the certificate program specifically?

So I was filling out app and it prompted me to contact an email to get files transferred over since I applied to VCOM this past cycle but withdrew... Should I continue with app or wait until I get further instructions from email?
I applied this past cycle as well and withdrew. I never filled out an application for the post bacc program. Just contacted vcom and had my secondary transferred over to the post bacc program and they took care of it from there

I feel ya there. Good job on the MCAT though, I'm pulling for you.

Thanks man/woman. All the best for you as well. Although, I think my application might not get reviewed because a LoR error :|. We'll see, I emailed admissions about it.

Thanks man/woman. All the best for you as well. Although, I think my application might not get reviewed because a LoR error :|. We'll see, I emailed admissions about it.

What is a LoR error? I've heard they're pretty flexible with the requirements.

I applied this past cycle as well and withdrew. I never filled out an application for the post bacc program. Just contacted vcom and had my secondary transferred over to the post bacc program and they took care of it from there
OK hopefully same can be done for me - I emailed them so we'll what happens within next couple of days. Thanks.

What is a LoR error? I've heard they're pretty flexible with the requirements.

Not really an error, more I misread the LoR requirements and don't have a physician letter. I don't know if that will sink my app so I asked.

Not really an error, more I misread the LoR requirements and don't have a physician letter. I don't know if that will sink my app so I asked.

I submitted a supervisor letter since the DO I shadowed still haven't written me a letter 7 months later. Did you just do two instructors?

I submitted a supervisor letter since the DO I shadowed still haven't written me a letter 7 months later. Did you just do two instructors?

1 science professor, 1 research PI. I assumed the research PI would count as a "supervisor", and it's also a really good one as I've worked with him for 2 years now. I don't have any letters from work experience or anything like that, and I've also had trouble having the physician I shadowed write me a letter because he was busy.

It costs me around $60ish dollars to send my transcripts (2 community colleges + 1 university), and so I'm waiting for a response to see if my application will even be looked at, before I spend the money. Right now, I'm considering just accepting the cost and sending it all tomorrow but mostly I'm hoping I can get an email back soon letting me know. Do you think I should just send it, or wait?

1 science professor, 1 research PI. I assumed the research PI would count as a "supervisor", and it's also a really good one as I've worked with him for 2 years now. I don't have any letters from work experience or anything like that, and I've also had trouble having the physician I shadowed write me a letter because he was busy.

It costs me around $60ish dollars to send my transcripts (2 community colleges + 1 university), and so I'm waiting for a response to see if my application will even be looked at, before I spend the money. Right now, I'm considering just accepting the cost and sending it all tomorrow but mostly I'm hoping I can get an email back soon letting me know. Do you think I should just send it, or wait?

That's a tough one. Honestly, you might be able to spin the PI as a supervisor. I would figure they'd want a letter from someone who knows you well, right? I'd wait for the response. Alisa is usually good about getting back to people. She got back to me within the day when I asked for an update, so I can't imagine it'd take that long for you to get a response.

That's a tough one. Honestly, you might be able to spin the PI as a supervisor. I would figure they'd want a letter from someone who knows you well, right? I'd wait for the response. Alisa is usually good about getting back to people. She got back to me within the day when I asked for an update, so I can't imagine it'd take that long for you to get a response.

Makes sense, I'll definitely wait then. Hopefully it goes through, but we'll see.

For all of you thinking about doing VCOM's graduate certificate program... do it!! I'm currently halfway through the program and just got my acceptance to their DO program starting next fall. I know the 3.6 requirement sounds scary, but it's definitely doable if you start studying hard from day 1. I feel 100x more prepared for med school now, the professors are all really helpful and excited to teach, and the environment of Blacksburg is amazing. One heads up if you do get accepted: Don't get too attached to the VA campus if you're not from VA...they WILL send you to either Spartanburg or Auburn due to the demand for the VA campus.

Feel free to ask me any questions! Good luck everyone!

What is ur mcat score?

Hey guys do you think i stand a chance for VCOM's post bacc, MCAT 494, sGPA 3.28, cGPA 3.49 ... got into lecom's in ERIE but I'd have to retake the MCAT, and Touro's but the top35 thing is kinda scary

Hey guys do you think i stand a chance for VCOM's post bacc, MCAT 494, sGPA 3.28, cGPA 3.49 ... got into lecom's in ERIE but I'd have to retake the MCAT, and Touro's but the top35 thing is kinda scary
Def. You meet the MCAT benchmark. Just apply asap, like this week!!!

Has anyone heard anything back or got any acceptance letters?
I emailed Ms. Hewitt yesterday and she got back to me today. They've received my letters of recommendation and said I should check in this time next week for a status update on my application.

I emailed Ms. Hewitt yesterday and she got back to me today. They've received my letters of recommendation and said I should check in this time next week for a status update on my application.

When did you apply initially? Also, did you transfer from the DO application or apply directly?

Oh no :( thats all I use... crap.

I am in the program also! You can use a Mac. Actually, with the testing software, my mac works better than some of the windows. I've never had a problem with my mac! Also, if your computer messes up during an exam, they will loan you one of their laptops for the exam or you can take it on paper.

I used my research professor supervisor as a letter of recommendation for the program and I was accepted! You should be fine!

How many students does this program accept? Super nervous..

Emailed to get stuff transferred 2 days ago - no response. Wondering if I should just apply tradition route bc I know deadline is like in a month or so. Also how do I sent MCAT score?

Can I get her email address? I have important questions and need to get a hold of someone that will get back to me ASAP.

I am in the program also! You can use a Mac. Actually, with the testing software, my mac works better than some of the windows. I've never had a problem with my mac! Also, if your computer messes up during an exam, they will loan you one of their laptops for the exam or you can take it on paper.

I've never seen a paper test, but they will loan you a computer if yours craps out before the exam. Although they do make it known to "not be one of those people" who is always having computer issues.

I did, mcat494, sGPA 3.28, cGPA3.47, think I have a shot?

Only way to know if you have a shot or not is through applying. They usually receive close to 500 apps for 100 seats. April 15th is their deadline so if you're thinking about applying then you should do it now since its already late because there are people here who applied back in Oct/Nov of last year and have yet to hear back from the program!

Only way to know if you have a shot or not is through applying. They usually receive close to 500 apps for 100 seats. April 15th is their deadline so if you're thinking about applying then you should do it now since its already late because there are people here who applied back in Oct/Nov of last year and have yet to hear back from the program!
I applied about two weeks ago! Fingers crossed!!

Judging off of last year's forum, we probably won't hear back till the end of March/Early April..

Judging off of last year's forum, we probably won't hear back till the end of March/Early April..
Definitely. I just submitted transcripts today, and she said they most likely won't even look at my app until April because they're so many people applying.

Definitely. I just submitted transcripts today, and she said they most likely won't even look at my app until April because they're so many people applying.

Oh god I'm glad I didn't wait too late. I'd be dying if I had to wait until April to hear something.

Wow!!! I guess more and more people find out about it every year so there are longer wait times...