2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I got a phone call a few days ago, but still havent received my letter. I checked early this morning to see if my portal changed-- nothing. But I just checked and it has changed with a message update of an acceptance.

I know it's super early in the game, so just be patient. If you havent heard anything, youre still in for the running. Dont lose hope!!

Does anyone know if there is a fb group or something running for accepted students to join?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
has the portal changed for everyone? mine doesn't show any tab, it just shows the three check marks, I am not sure if its the correct portal I am looking at.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a phone call a few days ago, but still havent received my letter. I checked early this morning to see if my portal changed-- nothing. But I just checked and it has changed with a message update of an acceptance.

I know it's super early in the game, so just be patient. If you havent heard anything, youre still in for the running. Dont lose hope!!

Does anyone know if there is a fb group or something running for accepted students to join?

I have to say that is pretty awesome! How many interview dates have they completed far?

Accepted to Lebanon campus!! Just received the phone call :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!! I interviewed on 09/07. No change on portal. E-mail he said should come in about a week.

I remember there was one woman from the east coast on 9/7. Are you her? Maybe we're all sitting on the west coast twiddling our thumbs waiting for 5:00 pm?

I remember there was one young woman from the east coast on 9/7. Are you her? Maybe we're all sitting on the west coast twiddling our thumbs waiting for 5:00 pm?
Nope I'm west coast haha

Congratulations! Did you get a call?

Yes, it seems like calling is the way they're going about it with letters coming ~1 week later.

It does NOT appear as if your portal will update before the call FYI to everyone else who has been neurotically checking :)

Yes, it seems like calling is the way they're going about it with letters coming ~1 week later.

It does NOT appear as if your portal will update before the call FYI to everyone else who has been neurotically checking :)

Awesome! For Pomona or Lebanon?

So it seems like one person from 9/7 in Lebanon has heard back at least. I'm really hoping to hear either way at least within the next week

Probably gonna pass on the II. Good luck everyone!

Accepted to Pomona!! My portal was just updated! Interviewed on 9/7.

Accepted to Lebanon campus!! Just received the phone call :)

Just received the e-mail that my status has been updated and on my portal it shows the acceptance letter! Just an update for those who interviewed the same day and have not received a call yet. Check your portals! :)

The "your interview" section doesn't show up anymore in my portal. My understanding is that they met today, so kind of seems like a rejection to me.

The "your interview" section doesn't show up anymore in my portal. My understanding is that they met today, so kind of seems like a rejection to me.

I havent seen that section since my interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone who's interviewed at the POMONA campus comment on how the interview day is generally structured and idk any other general overall comments about how the day went? :)
Edit: Also does anyone know usually the acceptance rate post interview?

Last edited:
Is anyone here attend the evening medical students on October 4th?

For those who were accepted, if you don't mind answering, which color groups were you in?

For those who were accepted, if you don't mind answering, which color groups were you in?
Are you asking Pomona or Lebanon people? If Lebanon, I was hot pink if I'm remembering correctly.

Can anyone who's interviewed at the POMONA campus comment on how the interview day is generally structured and idk any other general overall comments about how the day went? :)

1. Arrive and view lecture
2. Half will go do 2 MMI and other half will do panel
3. Do the other (MMI or panel) whichever you didnt do first
4. Lecture about stuff
5. Lunch
6. Tour

I believe it’s 40% they gave us a number on how many they accepted out of an interview group but the exact numbers slip my mind. I just remember doing the math and it came out to ~ 40% but maybe someone can chime in here :)

Why do you feel that way?
Pomona??

And why would you say that? A brother like you who seems competent and plays Dark Souls should be a shoe-in.
Lol probably because I walked in the room and started praising the sun ;)

In all seriousness I I think there was a mix of I might not have performed well because I was stressed cuz I wanted to get in so bad. But that's why we applied to so many schools right! Give us more chances for stuff like that :)

And no, it was in Lebanon. The people were great and I loved the location. Congrats to everyone getting in!!

Last edited:
Anyone get rejected yet ? Should we assume that no acceptance reply yet means rejection?