2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wheres the decision?!?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any girls wanna share an uber/hotel 10/21?:hardy:

I used to hate weekdays. But now I can't wait until weekends are over, because 1 more weekday = 1 less day of waiting for a decision. :)

Reactions: 7 users
I expect some decisions to pop out by next Thurs...

Yup! Last year, the first round of interviews got their decisions 13 calendar days post interview ;) So... that means I'll probably start being neurotic on Wednesday! Yay!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else have an interview on 11/9 for the Lebanon campus?

Reactions: 1 user
II in Lebanon on Nov. 4th :)

Reactions: 2 users
How long is it currently taking in the cycle to receive secondaries after your app has been verified?

Question for any students or anyone who has interviewed. I was trying to research any strong ties or affiliations for residency programs here but have only found the match rates and stuff. Anyone have a link or ideas on any of this for the Pomona campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
II in Pomona on October 26th.
Not sure if anyone asked this before, but can you be accepted at both campuses? I am interviewing at both campuses with both interviews only a week apart.

II at pomona :)

Last edited:
II in Pomona on October 26th.
Not sure if anyone asked this before, but can you be accepted at both campuses? I am interviewing at both campuses with both interviews only a week apart.

Congrats! I'm pretty sure you can get accepted to both campuses as they have different admission committees. When were you complete at both campuses?

Congrats! I'm pretty sure you can get accepted to both campuses as they have different admission committees. When were you complete at both campuses?

Thank you!
I was complete on August 24th at both

II at pomona :)
Hey, congrats! jw does your portal have a status change? Mine used to say application status under review or something. But it went blank and it now says nothing. Not sure if that means I'm rejected or something.

Hey, congrats! jw does your portal have a status change? Mine used to say application status under review or something. But it went blank and it now says nothing. Not sure if that means I'm rejected or something.
thank you so much! My portal had a status change to information about signing up for an interview. I'm not sure what the blank change means though. I hope you hear good news soon!

Application submitted 08/06 (Lebanon), 08/09 (Pomona) and processed by EDS on 08/31 for BOTH, and still have not heard anything. :(

Application submitted 08/06 (Lebanon), 08/09 (Pomona) and processed by EDS on 08/31 for BOTH, and still have not heard anything. :(

My apps were processed on August 24th, and I just received updates (II's) a day before yesterday for Lebanon and yesterday for Pomona. It is still very early

II this morning at Pomona. They only have one date available but I can't possibly make that date work... Sigh...

Quick question, does this school have strong regional/in-state bias? Just wanted to know whether i should bother submitting the secondary since I'm from the south.

Quick question, does this school have strong regional/in-state bias? Just wanted to know whether i should bother submitting the secondary since I'm from the south.

I received an II from across the country. Not sure on acceptance ratios, though. My interview had maybe ~5 OOS out of some 60 people who were from Cali.

I completed my Secondary Application on 8/19 and was processed by EDS on 9/05. Still havent heard anything back from them yet. Should I give them a call?

I completed my Secondary Application on 8/19 and was processed by EDS on 9/05. Still havent heard anything back from them yet. Should I give them a call?
It's been 15 days since being processed. They're definitely not going to look at you favorably if you're calling them that soon after being complete. Not common to hear back after 2 weeks of completion! Even being complete a month is too early to call for a status update.

Anybody else get way too excited when they had an email from Western... Only to find out it's an instagram live invite... :yeahright:

Reactions: 6 users
I live in the area and I have this solicitor that calls me every few days from Pomona. Usually I let their calls go to voicemail but now I'm inclined to pick up. It's such a tease every time!
Anybody else get way too excited when they had an email from Western... Only to find out it's an instagram live invite... :yeahright:

Yup! HAHA!! Especially because last year, they did send out decisions on the 13th day post interview! I also have had this long time solicitor who calls from Pomona. Usually I let those calls go into voicemail, but now....

I live in the area and I have this solicitor that calls me every few days from Pomona. Usually I let their calls go to voicemail but now I'm inclined to pick up. It's such a tease every time!

Yup! HAHA!! Especially because last year, they did send out decisions on the 13th day post interview! I also have had this long time solicitor who calls from Pomona. Usually I let those calls go into voicemail, but now....

Exactly why I got so excited! Even though I know they don't send decision emails.... Lolol.

II this morning. Processed by Enrollment Data Services (EDS) 8/25

Has anyone interviewed at both campuses? I got an II to both, but due to financial purposes I'm thinking of only going to one interview, it seems like the Pomona campus is more established and I like that most of the lectures come from there, but are there any perks of either campus that may help in picking one over the other?

So the general consensus from anyone else who interviewed on 9/7 in Lebanon is that the admissions committee would be meeting tomorrow but that we won't hear back till early October? I remember them saying when the admissions committee would meet, I must have not heard when they said we would actually hear

II for Pomona! Anyone else interviewing on 11/30?

Just scheduled for 11/30. Looks like we might not get any results until new year :(
Yeah, it was the only date available when I checked. Looking forward to it regardless :)

Yeah, it was the only date available when I checked. Looking forward to it regardless :)
Same. Just need to figure out how to get there and where to live for the night.

Same. Just need to figure out how to get there and where to live for the night.
Lol I'm in the same boat. Waiting for my new credit card to come in before booking flights/hotel to take advantage of those bonus points! haha

Just called my mom today and she told me she’s been checking our mailbox at 2:30pm sharp

#anxiouspremedparents #theneuroticismisreal

It's been 15 days since being processed. They're definitely not going to look at you favorably if you're calling them that soon after being complete. Not common to hear back after 2 weeks of completion! Even being complete a month is too early to call for a status update.
Thanks I am just a bit anxious.

Thanks I am just a bit anxious.
We all are, but try to remember it's not even been a month. It's pretty uncommon to hear that quickly for a majority of applicants, wouldn't start feeling truly anxious until 3 months, at least minimum of 2 months I'd say is standard waiting time.

Anyone who interviewed on 9/7 in Pomona think that today will be the day?

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed on 9/7 think that today will be the day?
I wish! But I don't feel like it will.... They said they'd be meeting today though right? It feels like this interview was so long ago it's weird. I'm also trying to tell myself it'll be like another month so I don't go crazy waiting.

I wish! But I don't feel like it will.... They said they'd be meeting today though right? It feels like this interview was so long ago it's weird. I'm also trying to tell myself it'll be like another month so I don't go crazy waiting.

But for Pomona? (I keep forgetting Lebanon folks are in here too, sorry!)

Last edited:
I hope so. I am driving myself crazy checking the portal!!

Just finished the interview today!! Met some really nice and amazing applicants. And now I join the waiting game haha. For those at that two week mark just remember that although a decision is made in 2 weeks that doesn't mean you will get it on the 14th day because they mail the decisions I'm pretty sure.