2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm pretty much just assuming no response at this point means rejection
It's way too long to keep the second batch of students on hold whereas the first batch already got acceptances etc
Seems strange to me especially considering they met last week and that there were more interview dates already
Doesn't sound very promising in my opinion
If that's the case then why can't they just tell us we have been rejected?
It's way too long to keep the second batch of students on hold whereas the first batch already got acceptances etc
Seems strange to me especially considering they met last week and that there were more interview dates already
Doesn't sound very promising
Did they call the first batch or just send out letters to them?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't sound very promising in my opinion

I'm with you now that someone from 9/21 already heard back. Has anyone called them to see what the f is up?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My portal says accepted, but I haven't gotten a call or a letter in mail. Is this how it's supposed to work? haha

Easy for you to say.........

You sound like a solid applicant. I'm sure youre in! No one in the office is bold enough to tell someone they're rejected, and they probably don't want to take the joy away of the acceptance letter... just keep your portal open and your mailbox empty! :)

You sound like a solid applicant. I'm sure youre in! No one in the office is bold enough to tell someone they're rejected, and they probably don't want to take the joy away of the acceptance letter... just keep your portal open and your mailbox empty! :)

That's a beautiful perspective and very sound advice. Impossible to follow, but good advice nonetheless. Lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all, any last minute tips for preparing for the MMI?

It really isn't as a bad as it sounds. It will be interesting, but be yourself. You will most likely walk out of it unsure of how you did, I think it's completely normal!

Members don't see this ad :)
It really isn't as a bad as it sounds. It will be interesting, but be yourself. You will most likely walk out of it unsure of how you did, I think it's completely normal!

Agreed. Just be yourself. The MMIs at Pomona really shouldn't require any practice.. either you're a decent person or you're a jerk.

My portal says accepted, but I haven't gotten a call or a letter in mail. Is this how it's supposed to work? haha

Wait so you've been accepted at Pomona and Lebanon?! Thats awesome, when did you interview?

Wait so you've been accepted at Pomona and Lebanon?! Thats awesome, when did you interview?

I was accepted to Lebanon through the portal. I just didn't receive a call or email saying I was accepted. I was just worried this was a really bad error or something haha.

did anyone else call? I called a few times and they just said to wait...

I called multiple times, left messages, no answer, no response. Really unprofessional.

Also, wait for what? email? letter? kitty?

which is why i assume they left the rejects in this situation, cuz they don't care about us haha

I called and a lady from the admissions answered. She said the coordinator was gone and wont be back till next Tuesday. She couldn't tell me anything about my application. She did say they give calls for students who have pending deposits with other schools and need to know if they were accepted. Don't know if that makes sense but that's all she could say.

which is why i assume they left the rejects in this situation, cuz they don't care about us haha

The odds are astronomically low that every, single app reviewed in the second half is a reject.

Good luck all

Last edited:
I was accepted to Lebanon through the portal. I just didn't receive a call or email saying I was accepted. I was just worried this was a really bad error or something haha.

Usually with errors like that they send out a response within 24 hours. Sounds like you've been accepted!

Anyone know if there's any steps needed immediately after being accepted? The only steps I see are the deposit, and the forms due on June 1, 2018.

My interview ran a little long and I wound up missing part of the discussion regarding thank you letters. I received a card with my interviewer's info on them with both a mailing address and email - do I send them a thank you email, physical card, or both? A physical card sounds nicer but I doubt it'll arrive in time before the admissions dept convenes next week.

My interview ran a little long and I wound up missing part of the discussion regarding thank you letters. I received a card with my interviewer's info on them with both a mailing address and email - do I send them a thank you email, physical card, or both? A physical card sounds nicer but I doubt it'll arrive in time before the admissions dept convenes next week.

Email.

Anyone know if there's any steps needed immediately after being accepted? The only steps I see are the deposit, and the forms due on June 1, 2018.

Looks like it's just to confirm "yes" and pay the deposit, then start working on the other forms, especially the immunizations.

Interviewed at the Lebanon campus recently, don't really believe this school is a good fit for me.... but very tight community which is nice. Idk something about the people and the school rubbed me wrong, they came off kind of narrow minded with their approach

Last edited:
Still have heard nothing from Lebanon from my 9/7 interview. I really, really think I didn't got in from the second I walked out of the interview. But I'm interviewing in Pomona soon and I really would just like to know for sure. Thinking letters will arrive in the next couple days?

Still have heard nothing from Lebanon from my 9/7 interview. I really, really think I didn't got in from the second I walked out of the interview. But I'm interviewing in Pomona soon and I really would just like to know for sure. Thinking letters will arrive in the next couple days?

i just called them and they have very very vague and somewhat inconsistent info

Q: Will our portal change? ; A: Sometimes
Q: Will we receive an email? ; A: No (some people here definitely have!!)
Q: Were all the decision letters mailed out already?; A: Not all of them

I just called as well and got transferred to a counselor and he let me know my application hasn't been reviewed yet. Interview date 09/21 at Pomona.

I called too, and got info that was kind of different, lol. The lady I spoke to said our Portals should update, and we should get an email that the status has changed. She said it usually takes around 3 weeks, not 2, and that if I haven't gotten an update in 3 weeks I should call again. I also interviewed 9/21. Sigh.

Last edited:
I called too, and got info that kind of different, lol. The lady I spoke to said our Portals should update, and we should get an email that the status has changed. She said it usually takes around 3 weeks, not 2, and that if I haven't gotten an update in 3 weeks I should call again. I also interviewed 9/21. Sigh.

Well, I interviewed 9/7, so I've been calling "again" :rolleyes:

I could have sworn that they said at the end of the interview that the committee would get together the following Wednesday, and then students would begin hearing back the week after that. Did I totally make that up in a state of anxiety-induced delirium?

Too late to apply? Wanted to get some DO shadowing in prior to submitting my app and now scared I waited too long.

Why would they not just mail all of them out once they made their decisions? Why hold onto them Is this school playing some kind of weird game with us?