2017-2018 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now! Your boy has the chance to stay in NYC!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
II just here as well, complete mid August!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still deathly silence....come on, WCMC, let me know my fate now.....

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected :) LM 70.

Glad to be done w/ the wait.

How late do they interview here? I seem to have missed the rejection axe today *knock on wood,* and am now considering whether sending a letter of update would be effective at this point.

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
How late do they interview here? I seem to have missed the rejection axe today *knock on wood,* and am now considering whether sending a letter of update would be effective at this point.

Thanks!
I know they interview well into February (perhaps even March, but not sure).

What dates are available? I hope I didn't miss the last II train
I got mine today as well. These were the available dates for me: 1/2, 1/9, 1/11, 1/16. All were given AM (starts at 9AM) or PM choices (starts at 12). I really like the PM interviews, I talk nonsense in AM

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did the AM interview and I am so glad I did. Getting the interview over with allowed me to relax the rest of the day and enjoy the time spent with the students. The tour, lunch, and chat with the Dean involve both the AM and the PM groups, and you can tell a major difference in the levels of comfort between the AM and PM groups. That said, my interviews were awesome and very relaxed.

Really! Now I'm having second thoughts about the email I sent... but then, I'm hoping to take a bus from Philly early in the morning to get to my PM interview...running low on vacation days :(

I got mine today as well. These were the available dates for me: 1/2, 1/9, 1/11, 1/16. All were given AM (starts at 9AM) or PM choices (starts at 12). I really like the PM interviews, I talk nonsense in AM
Same. I think there are more interviews to come.

I didn’t want to go to a school who writes out “sixty-two hundred“ anyway.

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected just now pre II. LM 72. OOS. URM. Complete 08/30.

Goodluck to everyone still in the running!!!!!

Everytime I think I've evaded a bloodbath, I get rejected the day after lol

Cornell pls be kind

Reactions: 2 users
What’s Cornell’s post-interview acceptance rate?
WC.png

Keep in mind matriculation numbers =/= acceptance numbers. I think the typical trend for this tier of school is about 3 acceptances per matriculation. Acceptances are probably in the mid 300s
You're right although in another site I found Cornell's acceptance listed as <2% which doesn't make sense. Or it could make sense if almost all who get accepted go on to matriculate.

You're right although in another site I found Cornell's acceptance listed as <2% which doesn't make sense. Or it could make sense if almost all who get accepted go on to matriculate.
That <2% number is the matriculation rate. (# of matriculants)/(total applied)

Still silence... Complet early September

Just submitted an update letter. I have a bad feeling I'm going to get axed within minutes regardless. :/

Silence since completion on 8/21. Ready for that big R sometime this week :)

Are they still giving out rejections today?

No, TBH I think they’re done giving out rejections for this cycle. If you haven’t been rejected yet, it’s probably a silent II. Just show up at WCMC to interview at your earliest convenience.

Reactions: 20 users
I laughed way too hard at this

LMAOOO after a ****ty week with bad post-II decisions this was a phenomenal joke to bring me back up

Gotta keep things light, got lit up earlier today fam: rejected from UMD and Cornell back-to-back. If only they could have seen how

H O L I S T I C

my sense of humor is.

Reactions: 8 users
my apologies if this has been asked before, but till when does Cornell send out IIs?

also, happy holidays squad! hope everybody's cycle's been going great.

my apologies if this has been asked before, but till when does Cornell send out IIs?

also, happy holidays squad! hope everybody's cycle's been going great.
They interview into March, so most likely they'll continue extending invitations towards the end of February.

Reactions: 1 users