2017-2018 Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just emailed. I’m currently taking a grad class so maybe they’re waiting for me to finish it and the grade to post. But I was rejected pre II from UW and no other MD II. One DO.

Members don't see this ad.

Does this school only accept WA resident/people with WA ties? I have no tie with WA at all. Worth it to apply?

Does this school only accept WA resident/people with WA ties? I have no tie with WA at all. Worth it to apply?
Probably not, you have to be a WA resident or born in/high school in/parents in/childhood home in WA (3 of 4 I think).

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The acceptance phone calls have started!! They posted on Facebook!

Reactions: 4 users
Are there any current students around that could comment on how the process works for placing students at one of the satellite campuses? Do students get placed at their 1st or 2nd choice or is it more luck of the draw? Thank you.

Last edited:
+1, also curious about this as the school posted on FB that they made their first acceptance call on 11/17

Maybe since they only have 60 spots, they're accepting 2-3 people per interview date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current students around that could comment on how the process works for placing students at one of the satellite campuses? Do students get placed at their 1st or 2nd choice or is it more luck of the draw? Thank you.

Quite a few students ended up with their 1st or 2nd choice, but not everyone (though Student Affairs did try their hardest). After being accepted, each student had a conversation with Student Affairs to discuss Learning Community placement, and they took into account various factors (e.g. students with children/families, students who act as caretakers for a loved one, significant others with local employment, etc). However, as they filled the class, they progressively placed the students into the Learning Communities, so students who were accepted later in the cycle were generally less likely to be placed into their top choices. Everett and Spokane seemed to be the majority of students’ top choices when placements were being made.

I hope this helps ✌️

Edit: To clarify, this is just how placements were managed last year. I am not sure how they plan on going about it for the Class of 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Soooooo has anyone heard anything at all as of recent

I missed a call from them this morning and they left me a voicemail asking to call them back, and also sent me an email. I think this is a good sign.

Reactions: 3 users
I missed a call from them this morning and they left me a voicemail asking to call them back, and also sent me an email. I think this is a good sign.

Yeah that’s probably an acceptance. When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?

Sorry if this was previously asked. Anyone have advice what the best way is to get to the interview from Seattle? Planning on staying Thursday night and leaving interview night. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted this afternoon! Interviewed 10/13

Reactions: 7 users
Ok, thanks. Yeah, a bit worried about the weather. Did you stay at the hotels they suggested?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. Yeah, a bit worried about the weather. Did you stay at the hotels they suggested? Since they didn’t mention, I imagine they don’t have student housing to offer night stay yet.
I flew over for my interview on Alaska because it relieves the stress of driving through the pass and is only about a 45 minute flight. I stayed at the Hotel RL Spokane that they suggested because they have a $99 WSU interview deal that includes breakfast. The room was great and I enjoyed the breakfast. I took a Lyft over to the school from the hotel. Overall very pleasant experience.

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning; complete date: late September.

Reactions: 2 users
Are people bringing their family to the morning session of the interview? For previous interviewers, did you find 50/50 people bringing their family or?

Are people bringing their family to the morning session of the interview? For previous interviewers, did you find 50/50 people bringing their family or?

On my interview day there were a just a handful of people who brought either their parents or their spouse.

I brought my dad and it seemed like at my interview day around 60% of interviewees had brought a loved one. I thought it was a unique and interesting opportunity considering I haven't heard of any other schools allowing guests to interview days.

I brought my dad and it seemed like at my interview day around 60% of interviewees had brought a loved one. I thought it was a unique and interesting opportunity considering I haven't heard of any other schools allowing guests to interview days.
That’s interesting. I interviewed last cycle and they did not allow any guests.

I brought my sister. I would say 80% had someone with them. The room was packed, but everyone received a warm welcome. I was very impressed!

Well happy New Year everyone! Any speculation as to when more acceptance calls will go out?

Does anyone know if WSU is receptive to pre-II update letters?

This thread is so quiet this cycle. A very non-speculative bunch.

I got an II in mid-December. They were scheduling mid Jan/beginning Feb, though I received an e-mail to bump up the interview to yesterday after a cancellation. Conveniently just over 24 hours after I arranged all my bookings. :(

*crickets*

This thread is so quiet this cycle. A very non-speculative bunch.

I got an II in mid-December. They were scheduling mid Jan/beginning Feb, though I received an e-mail to bump up the interview to yesterday after a cancellation. Conveniently just over 24 hours after I arranged all my bookings. :(

*crickets*
Yeah I keep thinking "Ok, maybe this will be the week I hear something..." Nothing thus far =/ I applied a little later in the cycle because of when I was going to be able to study for/take the mcat, so I expected to be a little behind, but the wait is killing me. I have had an interview invitation to one other school, two rejections, and radio silence on the other 15 schools I applied to. Hope all of you out there waiting out there like me hear something soon!

Yeah I keep thinking "Ok, maybe this will be the week I hear something..." Nothing thus far =/ I applied a little later in the cycle because of when I was going to be able to study for/take the mcat, so I expected to be a little behind, but the wait is killing me. I have had an interview invitation to one other school, two rejections, and radio silence on the other 15 schools I applied to. Hope all of you out there waiting out there like me hear something soon!

I've low-key given up on this school, I assume they've already sent out all their interviews especially since they only aim to matriculate 60/class.

I've low-key given up on this school, I assume they've already sent out all their interviews especially since they only aim to matriculate 60/class.

Don’t give up, they might’ve just been busy over the holidays and are working to send out more. Who knows really.

If you need a dash of hope, the class facebook group isn't even 1/3 full. And they'll need to accept, i dunno, 120(?) to fill those 60 seats because some people will be declining their acceptances as the months progress.

If you need a dash of hope, the class facebook group isn't even 1/3 full. And they'll need to accept, i dunno, 120(?) to fill those 60 seats because some people will be declining their acceptances as the months progress.

WSU accepted just over 90 applicants for their first class according to their website. I don't know how that is expected to change considering this will be the first complete cycle for the school.

II! Complete late September, scheduled for Feb.

Reactions: 4 users
Can anyone suggest if I should take the US highway 2 or i90? I’ll be flying into Seattle before renting a car to drive over to Spokane. Thanks

Can anyone suggest if I should take the US highway 2 or i90? I’ll be flying into Seattle before renting a car to drive over to Spokane. Thanks

If the weather allows it then I90. It can shutdown in a snow storm. Be aware, you are looking at a 5 hour drive my friend. It would be worth it to book a flight to Spokane from Seattle.

If the weather allows it then I90. It can shutdown in a snow storm. Be aware, you are looking at a 5 hour drive my friend. It would be worth it to book a flight to Spokane from Seattle.
Download audible. you can listen to Astrophysics for people in a hurry (4 hrs 30 min), or another book of your choice (i guess).

I did Mao II by Delillo on audiobook. Just about right for round trip.

Check the washdot I-90 traffic camera and road report before setting off. (washdot also covers US Hwy 2) WSDOT - Snoqualmie Pass Road & Weather Conditions

I would also suggest flying into Spokane instead of driving because I-90 is often bad and having to put on chains to get over the pass in a rental car would suck (and I'm not even sure if rental cars provide chains). I-90 over the pass closes once or twice a week in the winter and it's unpredictable.

Thanks all for the travel heads up.

Don’t forget to submit that fafsa by 1/31 for some cuz we all broke af and need help. (I know it’s CST, so by 10pm PST) (UW deadline is 1/15)

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything with regard to when more admission decisions will go out? It looks like the last time someone heard was mid-December.